Warthog Is Back! Thanks For Donations I Can Start A Little!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks amazing!

I've got a question though; how will you do the windshield? It seems almost impossible to craft to me...

HELL JUMPER said:
sorry there kensai...it is street legal. as long as i have seatbelts, a rear view and driver side mirror and all proper lights necessary, i can apply for a rebuilt title. i actually have a gear reduced starter which meshes with a flywheel which is bolted to a round turnstyle plate in which the turret mounts to, and with a touch of a button on the gun.............well you get the idea: "Grunts up ahead, dont worry ill cut em up!" 360 degrees....

I don't know too much about cars but humm, I stand corrected sir. I wasn't for sure, but paint me schooled by the noob forum :p. I do however still suggest the feet locks, I'm pretty positive they won't let anyone stand at the turret with no safety belt, but would make for a nice entrance into D*Con or something to have someone standing locked into place by the turret ;). Safety first of course :). Either way you have my attention sir, something that is usually hard to.. ooo butterfly.

Cheers,
Kensai

Last edited by a moderator:
BinaryCode said:
Looks amazing!

I've got a question though; how will you do the windshield? It seems almost impossible to craft to me...

heat! heat is the answer some plaxi glass or lexan with some scores and lotsa heat....buuuuuuuuuuuuuut there is a plexi glass custom wind shield shop down the street from my house.....what a ya think?
oh and kensai i wasnt trying to sound mean or nothin on my reply to you...but yea im not lettin ne one ride in the turret on the street....noooo way... but as i idle into the parking lot maybe....you know i want to drive sloooooooooooow so people can....woooooooooooooooah...lol thanks for the support guys all ideas are welcome

Jax Archillies said:
well driven in a parade it woudl be fine.
Yep, my point of the feet locks.

No offense taken don't worry. Glad you have enough sense though to not let anyone ride the turret. Good man. Although.. in a parade.. w00t. Anyhow, as said earlier, job well done, don't stop.

Cheers,
Kensai

kensai111 said:
Yep, my point of the feet locks.

No offense taken don't worry. Glad you have enough sense though to not let anyone ride the turret. Good man. Although.. in a parade.. w00t. Anyhow, as said earlier, job well done, don't stop.

Cheers,
Kensai
have you ever riden in the turret of a warthog? if you play with some of the people i know, i'd much rather not have foot straps........SO I CAN JUMP OUT BEFORE SOME MORON DRIVES OFF A CLIFF OR ROLLS THE DAMN THING! lol iea welcome kensai keep em comin boss.

Pahaha, the turret... you've actually got that built! nice!

As for the plexiglass custom windshield, do it. They'll probably make a windshield that's up to safety standards, which is a plus.

I'd not strap down the feet. If you have a car crash, the turret driver would have both legs broken or worst. Even at low speeds.

If he really wants an airsoft turret, he needs to talk to Killbucket of Airsharp. I happen to have talked to this man on various airsoft forums, and he would certainly help you out. Unfortunately, he doesn't play Halo.

Well I think the only thing that comes to my mind is this "I CALL SHOTGUN!!" lol also "Ummm how do you say Wow in Spanish? :) lol"

It looks like you are off to a very nice start. Keep it going and the updates coming. I'll be keeping an eye on this.

Love it now for the turret rider....

I suggest some sort of harness. If the turret is secured to the hog good, connect it to that and have some sort of quick release mechanism, just in case the gunner needs it.

Obviously this would be for parades only, street driving = no gunner. Still, safety first.

Looking good. Any estimate on when it will be done? (D*C 09?)

oh and....I CALL GUNNER!

EDIT: oooh....plannning on any electronics in the bad boy? You gonna have sound/lights on the turret gun?

I call board enemy vehicle.
Looks AWESOME!!I think about moving to Florida for awhile..(kidding as usual)
Keep that up.

JustMe

Ok for the turret. thank you you all for those ideas! but i already have a turret made just without the stand right now. harness? straps? last spartan is right, a SPEED BUMP could make someone loose balance and crack there goes kelly's ankles. Harness? that'll look a lil fishy...but keep the ideas rollin.
There will be electronics! yay! i have a digital speedometer ready for this pig a kinda working radar for the center console and no dash board. i still have to fab that up.it will also have all working tail and head lights along with a "horn". you know like when your friends wont stop laying on it in the game? Oh and the best part...a cd player! what better music to listen to but HALO 3 soundtrack while drivin this hog!
I will try to keep you all posted, I really dont have the funds for this, as i just recently got layed off from my job and the wifey and kid come first.

Do you watch redvsblue? I think it would be pretty cool to have the song they played in their warthog. Put it on high volume so that rvb fans can hear it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back