Warthog

Status
Not open for further replies.
why not just use an old air cooled VW bug and make a modified baja out of it building it up from the chassis using sheet metal and tubing. I think you could make it very cheaply!

Well, for a car that is!

LOL

And it would/should be legal to drive in most states.

The one that he has is a pretty closely shaped car to a warthog already and it is lifted 4wheel drive. It would be much Cheaper and less time consiming to just do some modifications to the subaru brat. I mean why build it from scratch when you have perfectly good base to start of of, and have you ever tried to build a custom car from the ground up? not only would that take years, it would be increadably expensive. Now if you are talking about making a dune buggy or something that you dont have to fabricate parts for, it wouldn't take as long but it still wound't be cheap. I am currently restoring a 75 pick up truck as a work truck/ daily driver, and let me tell you unless you have nothing better to do and a whole lot saved up it isn't worth it to try and build it if there is a perfectly good base to start on. I found one of these Brats on ebay for $500.00 not bad for a running smoged 4x4 project.

yeah I forgot about the whole 4x4 aspect of it. And those subarus run for freaking ever!

I think youd need to get er lifted up abit, but I can see what your talking about. :dee:

im thinking about looking into getting a brat....there kinda cheap and i have friends that can weld

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back