We are ODST storage chestplate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reaper07

Maybe I'm crazy. But I swear the chest plate on the main character in the ad shoves their worn out banner into a compartment in his chest plate and then closes it during the field burial. I've searched every iteration I could think of on the forums to see if someone else has brought this up, but maybe I'm not using the correct key words. Anyone else notice this, or better yet, built a chest plate like it?

Not sure that you're talking about, but if it is whati think it is, he's stuffing the flag behind his chest plate.

Reaper07 might be right. This got me curious so I checked out the We are ODST trailer.
At about 2:25 he stuffs the banner into what looks like an open part on the chest plate.
20181024_193505.png
In the trailer you can see that along that red line it's loose and open.

Reaper07 might be right. This got me curious so I checked out the We are ODST trailer.
At about 2:25 he stuffs the banner into what looks like an open part on the chest plate.
View attachment 261559
In the trailer you can see that along that red line it's loose and open.

I always thought that it was unique to his and was damage from the first drop when he encounters the brute that strikes him and knocks him to the ground. The damage from cracked armour just made a handy snack storage spot.

It's possible, but I think it's actually a design feature. He smacks it back down and it locks in place when he does it. Having an access high on your rig like that would definitely be advantageous for storing documents, maps, hvt Intel, etc. Or in the Halo universe, possibly an injection point under the armor for biofoam. Sucking chest wounds... Well... Suck.

Ah I remember this debate. There was indeed a chestplate that was designed using the original idea that this was storage location. Check this thread Odst Live Action Armor> New Stuff, officially dubbed the "Tanker".

After much debate across several threads, and after a great deal of examination, it was agreed upon that Tarkov's chest plate was indeed broken, allowing him to stuff the ODST flag behind it.

-Matt

Hmm, that's interesting. Regardless of whether it's damage or design or whatever, an admin pouch on the ODST armor would make a ton of sense. I'm not saying that's what it is, I'm just saying it would be a cool idea for the powers that be to implement in the ODST design. If that makes sense.

I always thought his chest plate was badly damaged and he just tucked it behind the plate. As mentioned by PerniciousDuke it's always a good idea to have some sort of pouch or holder hidden on the armor for holding things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back