Well I Finley started on my odst build freak yeah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since you mentioned that you dislike the helmet, will you be pepping one?
No the helmet will be out of Eva as well iv seen a lot of videos and have three different ways to build the helmet gona merge them and make one awesome one or simple and elegant not sure lol but not pep haha way too much work

Not sure if I should do battle damage on the armor do to the fact I have no clue how haha don't wana try and reck the armor any tips for this new comer ??????

I'm doing battle damage but without physically altering the armor. I sprayed mine in metallic paint then added liquid latex on spots I wanted damaged. Painted the helmet then used tape to peel off the paint showing the "metal" underneath.

Looking good for a First build. I would suggest changing out or sharpening your knife blade much more frequently will help with your edges a lot. And or if you have few spare dollars run down to the craft store and get a hot knife. Still have to clean and reedge the blade frequently but not as frequently to say the least. And never stop building. Wear it to an event for a day or so and see how it behaves. How it fits and feels and then after the event come home and decide if you want to make adjustments and go to town. My armor has been rebuilt in some fashion after every con I have been to and or I have come out of a con with the plan to rebuild sections. I havent gotten as much work done this year as I would of liked between the 2 cons I did. So keep working keep building and your skill will keep getting better.

Thanks guys and yeah I ended up learning the hard way about everything with cutting the foam and when not to swap out the knife blades I think I will go get a hot knife just for the fact of having one

View attachment 239579 I felt that the arms were too plane soo I added bicep armor sized and created them on my own got the idea from angelegend off of youtube

Incredible amount of detail in the work for the thighs, as well as the shoulders. I would've never thought about that option. But considering I'm still on my "Mk I" phase, I'll make some vast improvements in my "Mk II." As for battle damage, I seen a lot of videos toward this topic: mostly some from DFT and punished props. I know there are still more channels out there that I've seen that go into a vast amount of detail, but those are the only two that popped in my mind so far. Good luck, and I can't wait to see this completed.

I also found that the DFT Templates needed an extra inch in almost every aspect lol. Looks good! I really like the way you did the shoulders and the thighs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back