Weta Accurate Odst

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad you solved your helmet problem, and the visors looks awesome! I wish I could order one from you... Let me know if that's possible, okay?

Heres a fit test on a rough cast that i patched up. Im getting much smaller problems. it takes me about 30 minutes the fix the whole helmet.
Not to bad i guess for a noob at molding

I have two ready that i will paint sometime next week

100_5298.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Great job!
Might be a little too soon to ask, but do you plan on putting LEDs on the inside like Sean Bradley did for the Child'sPlay helmet? I'll give you a cookie if you do...

Done.. done and done

I had to sand off the two hex nuts in this cast because they didnt come out properly

100_5965.jpg

100_5967.jpg

100_5968.jpg

Alright thats all i can do for the ODST right now.

full priority on reach trooper . I got exatly a month to finish this up.

100_5972.jpg

*steals cookie* ha - ha! i haz cookeeZZ!!

okay, first off, stealing isnt nice. Second, watch out for the double posts, you dont want the mods up ur but about that, if you have to edit a post, just click the edit button then click "Go Advanced" from there you should be able to post your edited message...Welcome to the 405th! :)

Well when its all said and done, it looks like you produced a good looking ODST helmet! Excited to see how this Reach trooper comes out!!!! :)

Sorry, I know this is bordering on necro, but I wanted to ask you about your molding technique, and you don't have an e-mail link in your profile. I notice you have a lot of tiny keys for your jacket mold. I see you did one side of the silicone at a time, but how you prevent the two halves of the silicone from bonding? And does that help the jacket mold line up at the cut seam? Where did you get this idea? I think I remember seeing another thread where someone else used a similar technique, but I can't seem to find it. Again sorry for the borderline necro, but I've been thinking about this for a little while now.

[edit] D'oh!!! Just saw your e-mail link a few posts up! (ShadoKat = dork) [/edit]

hey haji throw me a call sometime i wan to talk to you about your helm dude i cant send u a pm or anything 269 323 9227 nice armor very nice stam dude :p

these pictures ... looks familiar :D
i hope you can get the same quality like the helmet ;)

And how is that working out for you so far? I have personaly used the stuff, and in my personal opinion (in my opinion peoples, no need to get offended) the stuff sucks! Well, atleast compared to the regular stuff....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back