What do you do for a living?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Autobody painter here. Started my apprenticeship just shy of two years ago. The majority of my time at work is spent prepping and painting, but I also bounce over to the bodywork side of the shop on occasion.
8BB0BFFD-7545-419C-AFBF-AD6A165C9029.jpeg
500C575B-2B03-40C3-8435-1F5CF0807CDB.jpeg
FE456D4E-96E5-4726-9318-2D449C856063.jpeg
8FB5705A-30E5-4A3A-BA9A-59C9E0787236.jpeg
5C2EA99B-5782-40C4-86E5-B6364550ADD3.jpeg

Obtuse title for an obtuse question. We all have hobbies here, obviously. I'm a maker for fun, I build racing quads which don't fly very well, I love to play me some vidjyea games, and I have a kid.

The kid is probably the most expensive one of my hobbies, but I'm too far in for a return that I may as well just keep sinking money into her.

I've done Firefly cosplay, which me and my friends sortof set a budget on. We did it garbage style, but still had a blast.

I also build gunpla, jeez, thats a money pit.

Anywho.

View attachment 282779

I'm a rope access technician. I specialize in NDT, but I'm really a jack of all trades.I make my money traveling and climbing things, or, occasionally, I get to stay home every night.

What do y'all do for your hobby funds?
Obtuse title for an obtuse question. We all have hobbies here, obviously. I'm a maker for fun, I build racing quads which don't fly very well, I love to play me some vidjyea games, and I have a kid.

The kid is probably the most expensive one of my hobbies, but I'm too far in for a return that I may as well just keep sinking money into her.

I've done Firefly cosplay, which me and my friends sortof set a budget on. We did it garbage style, but still had a blast.

I also build gunpla, jeez, thats a money pit.

Anywho.

View attachment 282779

I'm a rope access technician. I specialize in NDT, but I'm really a jack of all trades.I make my money traveling and climbing things, or, occasionally, I get to stay home every night.

What do y'all do for your hobby funds?
Im an NDT technician as well! I work for Applus as a UT tech and API 510 Inspector. I dont travel much so im home pretty much every night. At home, besides working on cosplay, i really enjoy clay sculpting, I've recently gotten into it and am currently sculpting a Halo 2 Anniversary Elite statue l

Im an NDT technician as well! I work for Applus as a UT tech and API 510 Inspector. I dont travel much so im home pretty much every night. At home, besides working on cosplay, i really enjoy clay sculpting, I've recently gotten into it and am currently sculpting a Halo 2 Anniversary Elite statue l

So I'm guessing you're in Houston too?

I had my 510 for 6 years but ended up letting it lapse.

Oh definitely! Applus is global. Which NDT company do you work for?

Acuren at the moment. I've worked for team, global ascent, ITI, acuren, High tech testing, Remote access technology, Altura, MHT Access to name a few.

Oh, and Vertech, but we dont talk about that comp[any.

Acuren at the moment. I've worked for team, global ascent, ITI, acuren, High tech testing, Remote access technology, Altura, MHT Access to name a few.

Oh, and Vertech, but we dont talk about that comp[any.
I've never heard of any of those companies, but thats legit man!

I'm the sales manager for an industrial sharpening company. We sharpen industrial tooling for manufacturers like cabinet makers, iron yards, printing companies, plastic recyclers etc.

Not super exciting and pretty dirty most of the time.

My part of the job is mostly purchasing and sales. But, one of my specialties is drawing up custom tooling for customers. I don't have CAD like TurboCharizard I do my work on sticky notes. lol

classic 20190220_122958.jpgContour.jpgFounders20180515_083150.jpg

Hey@DefineLuck I'm an EMT in Roanoke VA! Never did get my fire though. I work for a transport company primarily. I'm finishing up prerequisites for PA school. Between work, volunteering with my rescue squad, school and wife, I stay pretty busy. Hoping this cosplay can be a good hobby for the little bit of downtime I do have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back