What do you do for a living?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PapaBraus

Obtuse title for an obtuse question. We all have hobbies here, obviously. I'm a maker for fun, I build racing quads which don't fly very well, I love to play me some vidjyea games, and I have a kid.

The kid is probably the most expensive one of my hobbies, but I'm too far in for a return that I may as well just keep sinking money into her.

I've done Firefly cosplay, which me and my friends sortof set a budget on. We did it garbage style, but still had a blast.

I also build gunpla, jeez, thats a money pit.

Anywho.

jKc7dan.jpg

I'm a rope access technician. I specialize in NDT, but I'm really a jack of all trades.I make my money traveling and climbing things, or, occasionally, I get to stay home every night.

What do y'all do for your hobby funds?

Obtuse title for an obtuse question. We all have hobbies here, obviously. I'm a maker for fun, I build racing quads which don't fly very well, I love to play me some vidjyea games, and I have a kid.

The kid is probably the most expensive one of my hobbies, but I'm too far in for a return that I may as well just keep sinking money into her.

I've done Firefly cosplay, which me and my friends sortof set a budget on. We did it garbage style, but still had a blast.

I also build gunpla, jeez, thats a money pit.

Anywho.

View attachment 282779

I'm a rope access technician. I specialize in NDT, but I'm really a jack of all trades.I make my money traveling and climbing things, or, occasionally, I get to stay home every night.

What do y'all do for your hobby funds?
Man that job takes some cojones. I’m not one for heights, especially hanging from a rope!! Mine isn’t that glorious haha. But I do get to work on big round engines!!

A0AA45A0-8BA8-4CF8-993C-CDE334A94601.jpeg2847074A-758E-45B2-B99D-3077640918F5.jpegF18433C8-0112-4417-BE30-E8607256A366.jpeg
So yeah, being an aircraft mechanic by day keeps the lights on and my 3D printer going (Most of the timeI have a feeling a lot of us here are a jack of all trades (and me personally, Master of None). I think it takes a lot of different skills and talents to cosplay. I seem to have a problem of diving into projects, then losing steam and not completing them. Then I’ll start something new and find myself in a endless cycle. My house is a prime example of this as well as my armor building history. House, job, and kids sports ties up a lot of my time at the moment. Not much time for hobbies lately :confused:

Nice!! I’m strictly GA, no military. So thank you for your service. I always had plans of joining as a kid. Then i lost my way as a teen. Kind of regret it now that I’m too old.

Heh. I lost my way while I was in. Bad decisions and a discharge later here we are. That chapter of my life is well behind me and was only a lesson to teach me to be better.

I am a hamster farmer and occasionally a lettuce Wrangler. Tough but it's gotta get done. Just kidding... I could never wrangle lettuces.

really though I am oil field mechanic or industrial mechanic. I work on big ol engines d3512, Cummins, th55 transmission s and powerend with fluidend package that can pump 7.5 barrel a minute at 12,000 psi. Let's just say alot can go wrong really fast.

I'm a production associate in a chemical plant. We make industrial cleaners for textile care, hospitality, food and beverage and few other industries.
Being in a chemical plant come with its dangers. Splashes is the most common.
20200112_164020.jpg
This is the back of my neck. Just before the holidays I had brainfart moment and disconnected the wrong line and got splashed. I was quick to an emergency shower but just not quick enough. I still got this lovely burn. Other than the discolouration there is no scarring.

I'm a production associate in a chemical plant. We make industrial cleaners for textile care, hospitality, food and beverage and few other industries.
Being in a chemical plant come with its dangers. Splashes is the most common.
View attachment 282935
This is the back of my neck. Just before the holidays I had brainfart moment and disconnected the wrong line and got splashed. I was quick to an emergency shower but just not quick enough. I still got this lovely burn. Other than the discolouration there is no scarring.

Dude......please be careful.......splashed w/ chemicals.......might turn you into a short Asian Canadi.............oh.........oh.......never mind.

I'm also of a non exciting employment vein. Warehouse manager for a local retail store and part time handyman for myself.

Im currently working my ass off with 3 jobs.

1. I work as a Butcher for a small time grocery store and i make specialty brats and marinades and such all the time, its pretty cool cause they give me freedom to make new stuff all the time.

2. Auditorium Technician (dumb name cause im actually the Technical Director) for a high school in town working on musicals and shows that come in, mostly dance.

3. Im a Stagehand/Rigger at the Events Center in town as well as being in IATSE for the state. This is fun cause ive worked on shows like Foo Fighters, Reba McEntire, Judas Priest, Snoop Dog, and recently Gabriel Iglesias. Not to mention the many touring broadway shows that stop in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back