What's Your Con Playlist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fallen

Community Staff
Member DIN
S922
Trying to put together a playlist for cons. Outside of anything from game soundtracks (already accounted for) what songs would you add to your con playlist that for whatever reason you equate with Halo or get you pumped? Bonus points if you share with the class why that/those songs.

Breaking Benjamin of course! I also love this band called "Periphery" - Misha Mansoor is a guitarist for that band, and was asked to play "Follow in Flight" and "Breaking the Covenant" for the Halo 2A soundtrack. If you like metal, check them out!

I've got a few songs I'd love to do cosplay music videos with. The first two are Fatboy Slim songs - Weapon of Choice (having someone in costume dancing and running around the center), and the second is Praise You - a love song for the whole cosplay community where we get a bunch of cosplayers to do the most ameture dancing, like in the video. I also really wanna get some people together to do Rasputin. The bulkier the armour, the better.

I think it's worth noting that I carry a kazoo around with me to every convention, just in case. [*TANK ON KAZOO INTENSIFIES*]

Pacific Rim's main theme from the movie will always be playing in my head when I suit up, and heck half the time I'm walking around too. That theme just screams walking around in a big suit of armor and feeling unstoppable. Diamond Eyes by Shinedown is another one for me, as well as the Gladiator Boss from Doom Eternal.

I rarely find myself with a consistent con playlist but its normally a mix of Sabaton, BTS, and other random upbeat pop music. Its silly fun to be a walking tank with something like Permission to Dance blaring out of a speaker. It makes people do a triple take for sure.

Trying to put together a playlist for cons. Outside of anything from game soundtracks (already accounted for) what songs would you add to your con playlist that for whatever reason you equate with Halo or get you pumped? Bonus points if you share with the class why that/those songs.
Never been to a con before but playing the games I like indie j rock and Englewood type songs. (I can’t give you a reason) but at a con I would want to hear some 80s pop

Never been to a con before but playing the games I like indie j rock and Englewood type songs. (I can’t give you a reason) but at a con I would want to hear some 80s pop
[Insert Ahora Te Puedes Marchar here]

For the folks that have participated in various streams or in convention panels with me you probably know that I have a mandatory hype up song to get in the right headspace for switching between the serious and the absurd in an instant. You only get one shot, do not miss your chance to blow, this /spaghetti/ comes once in a lifetime.

For the folks that have participated in various streams or in convention panels with me you probably know that I have a mandatory hype up song to get in the right headspace for switching between the serious and the absurd in an instant. You only get one shot, do not miss your chance to blow, this /spaghetti/ comes once in a lifetime.
With all those carbohydrates, I'm surprised he's still "Slim" Shady

For some reason, when I'm working on HALO armor/weapons I always like "High Roller" by The Crystal Method, or Diesel Power by The Prodigy.

I just envision walking along an alien landscape, armed to the teeth, and these songs are playing in the background.

Last edited:
Normally I listen to a lot of French house, electro, and synthwave, but lately for working on armor I've been listening to more pop punk/emo. So bands like MCR, All American Rejects, and Sum41. I've also been doing painting, decals, and weathering lately on projects and pop punk/emo just feels right for that. I guess it just feels kinda artsy, do what you want, let loose kinda vibes.

For con crunch I gotta go with It's Bugsnax by Kero Kero Bonito. That song is good at any time, but something about those late nights makes it hit different.

For day of the con, aside from Halo soundtracks, I also go with Cryoshell. They made the music for some of the Bionicle commercials and those will always be hype to me. Especially Closer to the Truth and Gravity Hurts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back