What's Your Printer?

Lutzbot TAZ 6
Print Volume: 280mm X 280mm X 250mm
Mods: added a SL 0.25mm Lutzbot tool head for high resolution prints.
Performance of printer: Bulletproof workhorse.
Prints: Mark IV Amor, Halo Assault Rifle, Destiny escape Velocity rifle, Part for vacuum sealer, Desk pen holder

Mono Price Maker Select Plus
Print Volume: 200mm X 200mm X180mm
Mods: Micro Swiss all metal hot end, Micro Swiss lever and extruder plate, Y carriage plate,
Rear mounted Z-brace, 3D printed fan cooler duct.
Performance of printer: Fair but after Mods great printer.
Past Prints: TV series Expance space ship model Rocinante, Mods for printer, Phone stand, etc.

Last edited:
Literally just put my first printer together today, can’t wait to get started!

1. Printer: Creality Ender 5 Plus
  2. Bed size: 350*350*400
  3. What you've printed on it: nothing yet, trying to figure out what to test & start on!
  4. Mods: I do have the upgraded silent board/driver & all-metal extruder for the printer (not sure exactly what benefits it has, but it seemed to had good reviews from what I saw)

Huh... Interesting. Seems like you should have been able to get your money back. That's a real bummer. The upgrade question is a good one. I wonder what's up with it. You looking to get rid of it or...?
Maxie is now in the shop for a total rehaul of her system, hopefully then she will be working properly, will find out in 2 weeks

Anycubic I3 Mega
210x210x205
I've printed everything I've ever printed on this guy. Props and miniature terrain mostly.

The anycubic is a decent machine. It's really loud, which would be my main complaint. I replaced a power supply fan with a beefy computer fan and also a bed because the coating was chipping off. Overall, it's a good printer that doesn't require much dialing in to get decent prints, but it does go down pretty often.

Last edited:
This question always seems to come up a decent bit so I figured "why not just make a thread?"

Post your printer(s) you use for props and costumes and if you like them! This is to help newer people figure out what printer they may want for starting their costuming adventure
  1. Printer Name
  2. Bed size
  3. What you've printed on it
Creality CR10S
Build Volume: 300x300x400ish (I think)

Mods: Does Aluminum Extruder Hand Count..?

Other: I use Cura for all my splicing, and get most of my files off Thingiverse (if I can't find them there I endlessly scoure the internet and eventually give up and model it myself in Blender)

Past prints: The majority of my Master Chief cosplay was printed on this (smaller parts I printed on my Ender 3), alongside a couple helmets I made for my friends.

Thoughts: Can be pretty tricky sometimes, it's harder to replace parts than newer printers, but it's much taller which makes it nicer to one-shot most of the individual parts.

Creality Ender 3
Print Volume: 220 x 220 x 250

Mods: Same as CR10S. Also with a new glass-ish build plate.

Other: Same as CR10S. I've also updated the firmware to support more accurate z-steps and better thermal runaway detection.

Past prints: Smaller cosplay parts, alongside many MANY trinkets and toys to just fiddle around with and show off.

Thoughts: INCREDIBLE printer. Very affordable and super duper easy to set up and learn from. Many tutorials online for it and teaches you the basics of printing and allows you an easy entry into the otherwise expensive hobby. Like all printers it needs some tinkering, but I've found it requires much less maintenance than any other printers I've worked with. I love this printer and it has caused me very little issues.

Artillery Sidewinder X1
Volume: 300mm x 300mm x 400mm
Mods: BL Touch, BTT SKR 2 mainboard

I've rehabilitated the build plate with glue stick a couple times, but I'm planning on getting a spring steel build plate. The max speed I can run it at is 60 mm/s. I could go faster but I need to make the frame more rigid to reduce vibration. I also want to install a hardened nozzle so I can print abrasive filament like Carbon Fiber PETG and GITD PLA.

For additional printers, I'd really like to get a dual extrusion printer for PVA supports or a Průša printer.

1. Creality CR10s-5. 500x500x500 filament printer.
    1. Generally a .8 nozzle and use this for big stuff. Armor, gear cases etc.
    2. Love this printer
    3. But its a beast and needs room. But awesome to print entire helmets and even entire chest parts in one peice: No glueing of 12 segments together.
      IMG_2236.JPG
  2. Hictop D3Hero. 300x300x300 filament printer. IDEX. (Four of them actually)
    1. IDEX being there are two extruders so you can do several special things.
      1. Dual color
      2. Dual material
      3. Mirror mode
      4. Duplicate mode
    2. So might be a little more $ than a typical 300x300 printer but the extra abilities are well worth it. Like using two materials so your supports don't stick like glue. Or duplicate mode is like having two printers instead of 1 speeding up your print times.
    3. Tends to be a little finicky so maybe not your best first printer if you get frustrated easily but a gem once you get a feel for it.
  3. Creality Ender3pro (three of them)
    1. This is generally considered the best first printer a person can get. If you can't print with this just stop now.
    2. I think its like 210x210 making it the smallest in my shop but its a workhorse that will just keep going.
  4. Anycubic MonoX6k resin printer. (one of them)
    1. In the 9"x200mm tall pro-sumer grade of printer in the sub US$800 range it the best overall value and the tallest Z in this range
    2. It is the successor to their MonoX4k and they learned a lot from that {read "don't buy the 4k"}. The 6k has a few bugs they are working out through firmware but now days everything gets updates, right?
    3. I tend to throw the taller stuff that won't fit on the Saturn-S on this printer.
  5. Elegoo Saturn & Saturn-S (three of them).
    1. Fast set-up. Works like big dog around the clock. Superb output.
    2. If you're considering resin do the Saturn-S first, then a MonoX6k if you can point to a *need* for the greater Z height.
    3. Size.jpg
Word of caution: Resin printing workflow is toxic as hell. It has no place on the same air handing (HVAC/heater/air con) as your house or shop. It is not a spare bedroom technology like an FDM printer. Resin needs to be in its own space like a dedicated resin shed etc.

1. Creality CR10s-5. 500x500x500 filament printer.
    1. Generally a .8 nozzle and use this for big stuff. Armor, gear cases etc.
    2. Love this printer
    3. But its a beast and needs room. But awesome to print entire helmets and even entire chest parts in one peice: No glueing of 12 segments together.View attachment 315884
  2. Hictop D3Hero. 300x300x300 filament printer. IDEX. (Four of them actually)
    1. IDEX being there are two extruders so you can do several special things.
      1. Dual color
      2. Dual material
      3. Mirror mode
      4. Duplicate mode
    2. So might be a little more $ than a typical 300x300 printer but the extra abilities are well worth it. Like using two materials so your supports don't stick like glue. Or duplicate mode is like having two printers instead of 1 speeding up your print times.
    3. Tends to be a little finicky so maybe not your best first printer if you get frustrated easily but a gem once you get a feel for it.
  3. Creality Ender3pro (three of them)
    1. This is generally considered the best first printer a person can get. If you can't print with this just stop now.
    2. I think its like 210x210 making it the smallest in my shop but its a workhorse that will just keep going.
  4. Anycubic MonoX6k resin printer. (one of them)
    1. In the 9"x200mm tall pro-sumer grade of printer in the sub US$800 range it the best overall value and the tallest Z in this range
    2. It is the successor to their MonoX4k and they learned a lot from that {read "don't buy the 4k"}. The 6k has a few bugs they are working out through firmware but now days everything gets updates, right?
    3. I tend to throw the taller stuff that won't fit on the Saturn-S on this printer.
  5. Elegoo Saturn & Saturn-S (three of them).
    1. Fast set-up. Works like big dog around the clock. Superb output.
    2. If you're considering resin do the Saturn-S first, then a MonoX6k if you can point to a *need* for the greater Z height.
    3. View attachment 315883
Word of caution: Resin printing workflow is toxic as hell. It has no place on the same air handing (HVAC/heater/air con) as your house or shop. It is not a spare bedroom technology like an FDM printer. Resin needs to be in its own space like a dedicated resin shed etc.
Thank you for the word of caution. It's an often overlooked aspect of the hobby.

1. Printer Name

Ultimaker 2+ with Bondtech DDG Extruder and a few mods

2. Bed size

230 x 225 x 205 mm

3. What you've printed on it

Very much, you would need an own thread for this.
    The printer is very reliable if you care good for it. That machine is in a better condition than i am.
    It is worth the price and best of it, it is an analog system, no digital gimmicks like automatic leveling and else.
    I never had a fail on this printer and when, it was user error due to wrong settings.

Last edited:
My printer's an Ender 3 Pro which I set to 230 x 230 x 250mm in Cura.

I replaced the extruder with the aluminum upgrade, replaced the leveling springs with more heavy duty ones and aluminum leveling nuts/hand gears, and replaced the standard bed with a glass one. Plenty of glue sticks on hand for it.

My first and only machine, don't have room for another one unfortunately lol

EDIT: I have printed mostly props like guns and blasters, DnD mini figures, My ODST armor (which I'm planning on upgrading), and a few upgrade pieces for my printer like a filament guide

Last edited:
So far I have just one:

Ender 3 Pro - I named her Gertie
220x220 (I think? I never use the full bed)
I've printed my ODST gauntlets, M6C Socom (2 of these), Reach knives, ODST thigh buckles, Mandalorian Armorer Helmet, articulated slugs, Operator Helmet (in progress), BioFoam Canister, and probably a few other small things!

This printer is great for small things, but I really have to slice my files up into tiny bits to even use it. I do not recommend it for printing armor or larger projects. I've never really had any trouble with it, but I'm planning on getting a bigger one in the future.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back