Where do you go when you resin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do all of my resining,bondo, sanding and such in my garage, doors open, cardboard cover over my table and music blasting :)
I sometimes do it outside if it's a really nice outside : P

I haven't started resining yet but I will do it outside or in my bedroom with all 4 windows open and several fans (fans are not only for the fumes I live in Texas and it is still hot as hell here). As far as the safety of it everybody should look at the MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet) for the specific resin you are using. It not only has toxicity levels but also the ppe (personal protective equipment) you should use, and what to do if exposed at what levels or entry routes. You can get free MSDS's on MSDS.com or call the manufacturer by law they have to provide one if requested. If you have any Safety related questions email me I am a Safety Man with a degree so it will not be a ******** answer. By the way the Noob Basics is very well written just needs something about the MSDS and it would almost be OSHA worthy lol.

I do it out on my apartment balcony... I have done it out side my moms house (when I was still in highschool) and more recently did it in my girlfriends backyard.... hahaha

Man and nobody ever complains!?!?!? My apartment balcony faces inward, is right by the main, open walkway on my floor, is a few feet from the balcony next door, AND isn't far enough from the apartment across the way. basically its the worst place ever! I can't do any resin/bondo while I'm up at school, which SEVERELY slows down projects.

but when I'm home its the backyard or the garage, pretty much like everyone else

Well this is the set up I have in the garage.
dscf3380e.jpg

By misfitjh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back