Where too buy supplies

Status
Not open for further replies.

kertins

Hi guys I'm in the UK and I'm looking for the best place to buy supplies from for pepakura making.

I have already made my self a companion cube out of paper to start with then I made it again out of card and I even resined it up and painted...

Well I now want to make a large version and I want to build it using corrugated cardboard. My question is where can I buy sheets of corrugated cardboard from??? any ideas?

Thanks for your time...

This is my paper companion cube lol
IMG_0863.JPG

not sure about where you would get cardboard (other than just from boxes, which you could probably get for free from a grocery store.) but I do hope you weren't fiberglassing on plastic... fiberglass resin will chew through plastic. You're much better off with butcher paper, or a scrap piece of plywood.

Another great place to check on for free cardboard is appliance/furniture store warehouses. Refrigerator boxes are awesome if you have a large project...maybe after you finish the cube you could build a GLaDOS. Good luck with your project...I like to do my resin/bondo work outside.

not sure about where you would get cardboard (other than just from boxes, which you could probably get for free from a grocery store.) but I do hope you weren't fiberglassing on plastic... fiberglass resin will chew through plastic. You're much better off with butcher paper, or a scrap piece of plywood.

lol I did not fiberglass that one in the end. Wow im very lucky coz my other build i did fiberglass but I did not spill any lol.

This is the second one I made and fiberglassed
IMG_0892.JPG

Another great place to check on for free cardboard is appliance/furniture store warehouses. Refrigerator boxes are awesome if you have a large project...maybe after you finish the cube you could build a GLaDOS. Good luck with your project...I like to do my resin/bondo work outside.

I was working out side when O finally resined my second cube lol next to the table was my back door XD. I was working there just in case it rained lol.

appliance shops it is then. thanks for the advice guys

i use plastic over my work table and resin have never ate through it if thing after it hardens it pops off and is clean as new again

I found a great craft shop near me that sold everything I needed for peps. I got a load of thick card from there that still fits in the printer. I did buy a cheap glue gun off amazon tho.
What other stuff you looking for?

Right so I have been looking at this companion cube build and I have started building one myself.

Well I'm stuck on the circles I don't suppose anyone can tell me how its done???

This is where I'm up to anyways
IMG_0905.jpg

I made it from an old TV box lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back