where were you when the towers fell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cirkob, no offense brother, but there is no such thing as a "smart teenager." That isn't a cut, that is just life. Teenagers' brains are so affected by hormones that our intuition, decision making process, and everything else is shot to hell. I am 19 years old and I am just now seeing decisions that I made when I was younger, and those of my friends', were not only wrong, but they were terribly stupid. I say this knowing that I still have a few years to go before my mind is totally free from the stupidity and idiocy that is being a teenager. And here is the kicker: I have been considered a very mature and very smart teenager by just about every adult I have ever met. I am not saying this to pick a fight with you or to make you feel badly. I would just ask you to be careful before you talk down a man in his late 30s because you think that you are "mature." Secondly. When you make comments like that, everybody around you instantly judges you to be immature. That may be an inaccurate judgement, but people's minds will always gravitate towards the worse. Write that one down in stone. One last thing and I will finish my rant. Don't make statements like "Oh and please limit the swearing, it's considered an infraction around here." People find it snotty and they will judge you to be an *******, as well as a forum Nazi.

Terrag. I am sorry about your friend. He sounds like he was a truly great man. I'll be praying for him.

Terrag Shugo> I hear ya brother. I felt really old by all the comments from everyone that were just childern when it happened when I was a full grown adult. I am also saddened by the loss of your friend because regardless of the service all fallen service members are fallen family to me.

I remember just haveing drill on the weekend and I was getting reading for my first day back at work. I would often watch the news as I got ready for work and just as I turned it on I saw the burning building that was just hit by the first plane. I first thought that it could have been just a terrible accident. When the second one hit not soon after the first I knew that it was an attack and that I was going to war. I wondered how much more there might be and how fast I would have to go some where in response to it. It took about 3 years for me to be sent somewhere and now I to have less friends and comrades than I would have before. I wouldn't have met most of them if not for 9-11 but it would be better not knowing them so they could still be here today.

9-11 didn't end on Sept 11, 2001 for me because I have to still deal with it to this day and for how ever long into the future.

No offense brother, but there is no such thing as a "smart teenager." That isn't a cut, that is just life. Teenagers' brains are so affected by hormones that out intuition, decision making process, and everything else is shot to hell. I am 19 years old and I am just now seeing decisions that I made when I was younger, and those of my friends', were not only wrong, but they were terribly stupid. I say this knowing that I still have a few years to go before my mind is totally free from the stupidity and idiocy that is being a teenager. And here is the kicker: I have been considered a very mature and very smart teenager by just about every adult I have ever met. I am not saying this to pick a fight with you or to make you feel badly. I would just ask you to be careful before you talk down a man in his late 30s because you think that you are "mature." Secondly. When you make comments like that, everybody around you instantly judges you to be immature. That may be an inaccurate judgement, but people's minds will always gravitate towards the worse. Write that one down in stone. One last thing and I will finish my rant. Don't make statements like "Oh and please limit the swearing, it's considered an infraction around here." People find it snotty and they will judge you to be an *******, as well as a forum Nazi.

Terrag. I am sorry about your friend. He sounds like he was a truly great man. I'll be praying for him.

/SALUTE !! Beautiful comment. Really, made me smile. Congrats.

I was in my 10th grade German II class. We had the tvs on the news the entire time, watching the 2nd plane was one the worst things I've ever seen. My entire high school was freaking out, parents picking up their kids, students were panicked. Eventually my principle pulled the cable from the tv's and tried to get students to concentrate on their classes

lets see... i was in 1st grade at the time and my mom woke me up late and kept me home from school. i didnt see the towers fall but my dad was in the control tower in john wayne airport all night directing air traffic all over the country (his other feats are on the oc sheriff website just google "john gaul" and it should be the 1st one) and i didnt learn about what happened till about a week or so later

I was in mid-town Manhattan attending a training. Obviously the training was cancelled. And then we saw the 2nd plane hit on TV. Everyone was in shock of the severity of the event.

The subway was shut-down and no one could leave the city. At 2PM, the F train started running and I took it to go home. After deboarding the train, I had to walk 10 blocks to get home. It never felt so good to see my wife and newborn son.

I was actually home from work that day and was just flipping channels when i see a plane go into a building. I thought it was a diehard movie or something else I hadnt seen before but when I realised it was actually happening on CNN news I was like OMG.. I had to phone my folks soon after to tell them what was going on.. It was that day the world changed....

Im just going to bring up this thread again, seeing as its almost the anniversary. And im the op so its not completely necro.

I was seeing it live on TV and I remember watching, my parents all shocked and me thinking what was going on. R.I.P 9/11 victims...

I was in the 9th grade, and I remember waking up and noticing everyone in my home was really quiet. I walked past the TV and saw the tower burning, first thought was it had to be a movie, but quickly realized it was CNN. I watched the smoke billowing out, the reporters talking. I saw the second plane slam into the tower, I was filled with so many emotions.

I watched as the buildings burned, and they started showing people jumping from the towers. I watched people doing the most insane things imaginable to get away from the pain and the terror. I was crying and screaming inside. I watched as the tower collapsed, at that moment it sunk in just how big of an event this was. I watched it collapsed and I knew that it was only a few more minutes until the other tower fell. I imagined the horror and the shock you would feel if you looked out from within the tower watching it collapse.

Imagine the feelings as suddenly the floor under your own feet suddenly lurched and gave way.

The thing that I remember most though is the feeling inside of me wanting to be there, sharing stories, seeing things and letting people know.

I remember a bit later when the US invaded Iraq, I remember staying up all night watching CNN as they live broadcasted from the tanks as they invaded Iraq. I remember watching every second of footage, no sleep for a few days as I watched things unfold. I remember learning about Aljazeera as a news source and reading things on there and comparing with other sources. I learned a lot about journalists and the work that they do.

I remember wanting to be there.

I remember when Egypt had riots to over throw the government, and when Libya, and when Iran, and when all of these major events have happened. I have always felt the yearning to be there and to share those stories.

I should probably take a Degree in journalism.

Senior year of high school. I will never forget it, most of the senior class sitting in the library watching in t.v.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back