Which Color?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I recommend Cobalt......but that's just me. And there is pink armor on 405th on the Hall of Honor. Some guy on there carved a Spartan helmet out of wood ( o_O ) and painted it pink.

Dark Rogue said:
But make sure it's not like, hot pink or something. Maybe salmon?

Definetly NOT hot pink, if I did pink it would be more like salmon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, there's nothing wrong with going with the classic look. I plan on the doing same.

Besides, if one's not sure about something else, it's always good to go with something they know, and we all know the green works, heh heh.

Don't listen to Luke, Aeon! He's just talking crazy! :p lol

Well, I have given it A LOT of thought, AGAIN, lol, and have made my final decision on color! Thanks guys for all your input!

P.S. Gotta wait til I'm done with the full set to see what I chose, lol. :p

Aeonyx said:
Well, I have given it A LOT of thought, AGAIN, lol, and have made my final decision on color! Thanks guys for all your input!
P.S. Gotta wait til I'm done with the full set to see what I chose, lol. :p

AwWwWwW! But I want to know NOW! :mad: lol

So, how long do you think it'll take you to put your suit together, then? Have you managed to go through enough of the tutorial threads to figure out just what you're doing? o_O

@ Rob: Nice... good ol' RvB FTW, heh heh. Is that you in the red? Who's that clad-in-black lady hanging all over ya? lol

SPARTAN II said:
AwWwWwW! But I want to know NOW! :mad: lol

So, how long do you think it'll take you to put your suit together, then? Have you managed to go through enough of the tutorial threads to figure out just what you're doing? o_O

I have read ALL the tut threads, lol, and I feel pretty confident about it. I want to wear the suit to a convention in Chicago the second week of May, so, I would like to have my suit done about 3 weeks before that, so if there are any problems, I have time to fix it. I have been doing cosplay and costume making for 7 years now, I have only done 1 armor, and I did that with cardboard (turned out pretty nice I might add), but, this will be my first time using pep. I am going to start the helm this weekend (In video game crunch time til then) I can't WAIT to get started!!

Good good, sounds like you're well prepared to take on a project of this magnitude. Those tutorial threads really help, that's for sure. Given your prior experience in cosplay/costume making, this shouldn't be too difficult for you, then.

So, you're giving yourself a time frame of about two months to complete it, huh? Sounds reasonable. If I were just doing mine as Pepakura I'd probably be able to get it done in that length of time too, however as I'm making mine out of layered sheet styrene it's taking quite a bit more time and effort to get it looking right. Hell, I'm still on the helmet at this point, lol.

Anyway, I guess we'll just have to wait until the end of April to find out your colour of choice, heh heh. Looking forward to seeing your work on this, girl! Be sure to post progress pics! We'll want to see how this unfolds! ;)

EDIT: Uh, no pun intended with the "unfolds" comment. You know; fold/unfold --> Pepakura... NVM, it was pretty lame... lol

I will definetly post progress pics! I just wish it was the weekend already, lol, I wanna get this started! I am going to make this my "Show" piece. The convention goes for 4 days, the first 2 days are going to be my Samus cardboard costume, and the last 2 days will be MC. I will post pics of the convention too!

P.S. The "Unfold" comment wasn't lame, lol.

Aeonyx said:
I have read ALL the tut threads, lol, and I feel pretty confident about it. I want to wear the suit to a convention in Chicago the second week of May, so, I would like to have my suit done about 3 weeks before that, so if there are any problems, I have time to fix it. I have been doing cosplay and costume making for 7 years now, I have only done 1 armor, and I did that with cardboard (turned out pretty nice I might add), but, this will be my first time using pep. I am going to start the helm this weekend (In video game crunch time til then) I can't WAIT to get started!!

Theres a con in Chicago i might have to go

Aeonyx said:
I will definetly post progress pics! I just wish it was the weekend already, lol, I wanna get this started! I am going to make this my "Show" piece. The convention goes for 4 days, the first 2 days are going to be my Samus cardboard costume, and the last 2 days will be MC. I will post pics of the convention too!

[...]

Believe me, I know what you mean. What with work and what not in the way, there just never seems to be enough spare time to work on things like this.

I so want to get more done on my Mk VI MJOLNIR armour, if only I could primer and paint indoors *sigh*.

At the very least, I can fold and styrene each piece, and then once warmer weather comes around I can do the priming, painting and detailing. I can get the actual building part done before that, then.

Forgive my ignorance, but what's this "Samus" costume look like? Are we talking the character from Metroid? Or am I completely wrong, and we're talking some other character from something else, lol?

Btw, I've been meaning to ask this since I saw your profile pic, but... what are those things on your arms? I can't really make out any clear details on them, but are they part of some costume? Or are they simply fashion-related? :cautious:

SPARTAN II said:
Forgive my ignorance, but what's this "Samus" costume look like? Are we talking the character from Metroid? Or am I completely wrong, and we're talking some other character from something else, lol?

Btw, I've been meaning to ask this since I saw your profile pic, but... what are those things on your arms? I can't really make out any clear details on them, but are they part of some costume? Or are they simply fashion-related? :cautious:

1) Yes, Samus is from metroid!

samus.jpg

I did this color for my suit

And

2) The things on my arms are fashion related, they are like gloves minus hand coverings. I had 6 hours to come up with something unusual for the shoot, and that's what I came up with!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back