Which Color?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey... two-for-two! Good to know my cognitive reasoning skills aren't completely going to waste, lol.

I'd gawk in awe at the pic you posted, heh heh, but as happened yesterday since I'm at work because of the stupid server restrictions it won't display *grumble grumble*. I'll have to check it out later.

So, let me get this straight: for your photo shoot you had to come up with something "unusual" fashion-wise? What was the photo shoot for? Modelling or something?

They look kewl, though... :D

Thanks, yeah it was updated pictures I was taking for my portfolio, so I had to come up with all my looks and stuff.

Well, it looks good. I take it you've got quite a few pics in your portfolio then, huh? I've known a few people who do modelling, and from what I've seen such a portfolio is typically very extensive (lots of pics, lol).

Not like an actor's portfolio, which only requires a couple different pics. Which reminds me, I seriously need to get my actor headshot redone. Probably should get a good three-quarter shot done, too... :cool:

SPARTAN II said:
Well, it looks good. I take it you've got quite a few pics in your portfolio then, huh? I've known a few people to do modelling, and from what I've such a portfolio is typically very extensive (lots of pics, lol).

That reminds, I seriously need to get my actor headshot redone. Probably should get a good three-quarter shot done, too... :cool:

Yeah, I have shots from shoots I have done, along with pics I paid for to update. Oooooh, acting? Cool! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I've done a little bit of acting here and there (have two years of professional training; went through post-secondary for it). Nothing major or anything; mostly stage acting, with one bit as an extra in a locally-made independent film. I've been in over a dozen productions, sometimes having to portray various characters in one show, so I've had some good experiences.

Having to do multiple roles in a single theatre production, being able to switch from one persona to the next in an instant, certainly helps to expand and hone my abilities as an actor. Lots of fun, heh heh.

Regrettably, I haven't done much in the last couple years due to on-going personal and financial matters, but this year I'm working toward getting more involved in acting and in the industry itself. Ideally, I'd love to be able to make a career out of it. You know, get paid to do something I really have a passion for.

Of course, that may very well require me to up and move elsewhere, as the acting scene where I am isn't exactly conducive to supporting career actors. So, later this year I may move to Toronto or Vancouver, as those cities are more known for film work and the sort. Even if I start getting work as an extra in a mainstream film, it'd be a step in the right direction.

That'd be way kewl...

I live in Chicago as well and i know that th is weekend is Fangoria weekend of Horrors which i am dressing as Punished and working security for . But what con is in May? I am always looking for Cons to wear my MC suit to.

Dreads said:
I live in Chicago as well and i know that th is weekend is Fangoria weekend of Horrors which i am dressing as Punished and working security for . But what con is in May? I am always looking for Cons to wear my MC suit to.
ACEN is in May at the Rosemont convention center. It is the second weekend in May, and it is a blast! I have been going to it since it began, and I always go in costume! I usually drive there from home, but with my Samus costume and MC I will probably have to get a hotel room at the center, lol, I better start looking now, rooms fill up by the 2nd week of march. Hope to see you there!

It's a good thing you have a car to drive to the convention, Aeon. Considering how large both of those costumes are, it'd be a real pain to lug them around on the bus on some such thing, lol :lol:

SPARTAN II said:
It's a good thing you have a car to drive to the convention, Aeon. Considering how large both of those costumes are, it'd be a real pain to lug them around on the bus on some such thing, lol :lol:

Yeah, lol! One year I before I got my licence, My dad was supposed to take me and 2 of my friends there in his van, and didn't show up to get us! I was dressed as Edea from Final Fantasy 8. I had this HUGE thing attatched to my back that looks kinda like a really big japanese fan (minus the paper fan part) and we had to take a cab, lol. We spent 15 minutes just dismatling my costume so I could get in, lol.

Oh, geez! Talk about a costumer's worst nightmare! I'd hate to have to do that myself. There is a DragonCon event coming up in July this year, and many of the membership here are planning to go (there's a registry thread for it in the "405th Discussion" forum at the bottom of the main page). I hope to have my own MJOLNIR armour done by then, but as I'd have to fly down it'd be a challenge figuring out just how to get my armour down there with me, and relatively unscathed... :p

Yikes, I have never had to fly with costumes....Yet. If I do go to DragonCon, I may have to do that. All the other cons I have gone to, I've done road trips! So much more fun that way!

I just found ti and considering it is not that expensive i may have to got for a day in my black or Green MC costume. I will also have to finish up some Prop weapons for it to Bu i think i will got for Sat and Sunday. Yeah I will probably get a room at the Wyndham Hotel about 4 block away and drive over. I am doing Fangoria this weekend there and Know the staff they usually give me a good room rate. So i guess i wills ee u there.

Just one other thing Dragon Con is on Labor day weekend in august September not July. And it will so rock with all of use being there in armor.

And yes a road trip to a con is so much more fun then flying.

Sorry for hijacking yr thread for a sec

what all at the ACEN? (there website doesnt help much)

You got tones of time on building the suit (85 days could be worse)

Dreads said:
I just found ti and considering it is not that expensive i may have to got for a day in my black or Green MC costume. I will also have to finish up some Prop weapons for it to Bu i think i will got for Sat and Sunday. Yeah I will probably get a room at the Wyndham Hotel about 4 block away and drive over. I am doing Fangoria this weekend there and Know the staff they usually give me a good room rate. So i guess i wills ee u there.

Just one other thing Dragon Con is on Labor day weekend in august September not July. And it will so rock with all of use being there in armor.

And yes a road trip to a con is so much more fun then flying.
Sorry for hijacking yr thread for a sec

Whoops... my bad, LOL. Guess I'll have to take a closer look at the details of the event, then.

I'd definately like to go, since as you said it actually wouldn't be too expensive. Not only that, but I'd have the chance to meet many of my fellow board members here (which would be kewl, putting a face to the name), as well as see lots of people decked out in full MJOLNIR armour, heh heh.

About hijacking threads, I think that's just what I've done, too. I'm horrible, LOL.

Maybe we should get this thread back on topic, though I'm not sure what more we can say about what colour to choose for Aeon's armour, as she's already decided on that and it's a simple matter of waiting to see what she chose once her armour's done... :whistle:

SPARTAN II said:
Maybe we should get this thread back on topic, though I'm not sure what more we can say about what colour to choose for Aeon's armour, as she's already decided on that and it's a simple matter of waiting to see what she chose once her armour's done... :whistle:

Don't you hate waiting? lol, I'm so mean! :p

Well, as you're new to the group, I guess we'll take it easy on ya, girl... ;) heh heh

EDIT: Btw, I like your sig. That quote from Cortana... classic...

As you can see in my own sig, I've chosen a few select quotes as well, from RvB.

If you can guess correctly just which characters from the series said them, I'll give you an e-cookie... :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back