Who Is Getting Halo Wars?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to get the demo hopefully on friday.

Review sounds good buy they way.

Is there any online gameplay in the demo?

-Pony (y) (y) (y)

ACDCrockr209 said:
I'm going to get the demo hopefully on friday.

Review sounds good buy they way.

Is there any online gameplay in the demo?

-Pony (y) (y) (y)

nope, no multiplayer at all.
And, btw, now i get it! You can use the glassing abbility for as long as you have money! XD
It takes like, 100 per sekond, or somthing like that. But i had 16.000 so i could use it constantly for 2-3 minutes... XD
If anyone wonders about money...
U can build up to 7 "money making facility" per base. (If you do, you cant build any other structure cuse you only have 7 build slots)
A squad of marines cost 100. and a Warthog 150.
A scarab cost 3000. AND u got to have the hightes rank of tech.

Its only at 2 percent for me... for about 8 minutes now.
It may have been my internet, and i dont know anything bout yours, but i took me over 2 h, (maybe 2,5, not sure) to download. I think it is because everybody is downloading it, so microsofts servers are pretty full.

If anyone wonders anyting, il try answere it :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I downloaded the demo this morning before I went to school. Took like 5 minutes.
Played through the campaign and loved it and the cutscenes.
About to play skirmish. I hear the scarab is a B**** to destroy.

baileyboys said:
I downloaded the demo this morning before I went to school. Took like 5 minutes.
Played through the campaign and loved it and the cutscenes.
About to play skirmish. I hear the scarab is a B**** to destroy.

When u say "this morning b4 i went to school", what was the local time, and what timezone do u live in?

for like the first 2 hours the darn thing wouldn't download, me and all my friends were getting some kind of code error... But it soon fixed up and let me download it. I think it's amazing! I nearly fell out of bed laughing when i blew up a grunt and it decided to rocket into the sky XD soooo funny!

yeah i also downloaded it about 6:00am in pacific time zone.
to answer the original question, yes it reminds me so much of halo 3, in fact the menu screens are almost the same, even the pregame lobby has a lot of the same elements. as for gameplay the way the units behave and interact are very much like halo. as for the rts aspect it works rather well however it is more like the space battles of star wars empire at war you can only make a base where it tells you to, no custom layout, no turret stacking, no outposts (unless you capture forerunner structures), and no way of choosing what special ability you want each unit to use (you have to either have them use a special all at once or one at a time). now for the good parts: you can upgrade tech levels, you can choose whether you need a barracks or a tank factory first, you can have multiple bases (but only on build areas), and most of the new units at least look halo like (although i think making up a bunch of new content was a bad idea). One of the things I really like though is you get to use mk 3 armor they call it the cyclops its this bulky power suit that jumps around and rips things apart. also all the vehicular explosions look just like the halo 3 ones :)

It's something of a relief to hear that others are having trouble downloading as well. Last I checked I was at 13% after at least an hour and a half, and I was worried that it was a problem with my connection, or worse, my Xbox. This demo must be really popular to be slowing the servers this much. I've never had it moving so slowly before.

Ok so I finished my skirmish.
Through out this demo I have had 2 complaints.
1) No death animation or ragdoll, just kinda feel over like bricks, literally at some times.
That reason is not a big one it just bothered me some.
2) Unit Cap!- Speaks for itself
The unit cap I hate, espically since I can't make more than 3 spartans.

But other than that this game is amazing.
ODST aren't the cool black in the skirmish level(maybe they change each level)but are still awesome.
Overall: Can't wait for March 3rd.

the game is pretty cool, but i do think they REALLY REALLY REALLY screwed up the elites, now they just look like a retarded monster thing...

C 4468 said:
but i do think they REALLY REALLY REALLY screwed up the elites, now they just look like a retarded monster thing...
i agree, they look like wierd tentacle monsters, especially the arbiter

After playing through the campaign levels, the tutorials, and two skirmish battles(one for each team), I think that its just awsome. (y) It was a bit hard to get used to the Covenant after playing as the UNSC since their stuff is a bit differant but it didn't take me too long. I just can't wait until March 3rd!!! :lol:

Adam294

I downloaded it earlier and just got to play. It is great so far. They did a good job with the controls, so for those of you scared about an console RTS because of the controls, do not fear. I am a PC gamer myself, but I found the controls easy to get used to. :D

I just downloaded the halo wars demo and ...well ...its pretty badass so what is your is opnion of the demo o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back