Whos wearing armor to the t.b.a HALO movie??

Status
Not open for further replies.

grid 187

Whenever the movie is done, its gonna fluster a whole new kind of insanity!! CAN'T WAIT!!! As far a we know its to be expected sometime in 2009, does anybody else have a different release date?

PETER JACKSON: "Can I make a Halo film?"
PRODUCTION COMPANY: "Hell no!"
PETER JACKSON: "I want the Rock to play Master Chief."
PRODUCTION COMPANY: "Get lost!"
PETER JACKSON: "You know what would be really cool? A Halo film..."
PRODUCTION COMPANY: "Are you going to leave, or do we have to call Security?"

The idea was pretty bad from the beginning. First off, it couldn't be live action - all of the aliens would be CG (unless you can find several people who are 3ft tall to play grunts, people with 4 mandibles to play elites, people 12ft tall and really stocky to play hunters, several stick-thin 4ft tall people to play jackals, etc.). Second of all, the Rock as Master Chief? The whole thing about Master Chief is that he never removes his helmet. A 'star' like the Rock would insist on having his face shown for part, if not most, of the movie. And lastly, how many vehicles would a production company want to build for a Halo film? Nobody would enjoy building a Scorpion, even if it was just building one that would be scanned in and used for CG models.

I think that with all the progress in CGI and computer animation, there would be no problem at all doing this film. You see "The Transformers"? From what I hear, it is "scrapped" but will get picked up soon. Hey, who knows. Its all speculation.

Listed production companies on IMDB are Microsoft Studios, Bungie, and Wingnut.
Listed excutive producers are Peter Jackson and Fran Walsh.

If the names don't ring a bell how about some of their movies like "Lord of the Rings" and "King Kong". Both of which were hugh undertakings and I doubt Microsoft will miss out on making even more money off the Halo name. The movie will be made, it's just a matter of time. The real question you have to ask is will it be an alright movie or an average movie. I'm really not sure if you could make it a great movie, but if anyone can Peter Jackson will sure give one hell of an effort.

One of the problem's Microsoft was having regarding who would make it was that the budget got enormously high, and kept going and going and going... However I heard a couple of weeks ago that Fox finally decided to stick with it. And as for the Covenant, did you see the Combat trailers for Halo 3? If not, check them out, then come back.

Sean Bradley said:
When your videogame breaks all Hollwood sales records... Why bother making a movie based on it?
True. But just think if they do decide on making the movie I think it should really go Totally CG, Its easier on the artists really and i think would be more cost efficient in the long run, the only gripe I would have is that like in most "videogame turn hollywood movies", they go ape sh-- over scripting/story plot for example DOOM the movie sucked in my opinion. So hopefully there more than meets the eye in the post production undertaking!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah heck just make a movie like the final fantasy series, do it all in high def 3d then use voicing, 3d models can do anything, I mean you could make masterchief do a backflip, but then in reality, a person with armor on may not be able to do a back flip.

AoBfrost said:
Ah heck just make a movie like the final fantasy series, do it all in high def 3d then use voicing, 3d models can do anything, I mean you could make masterchief do a backflip, but then in reality, a person with armor on may not be able to do a back flip.
hehe yup Aob I here that :lol: !! All we can do is wait and see.

Seriously, why do you even bother asking this when the movie isnt 100% official yet? I'd ask when I see a trailer come out.

AoBfrost said:
Seriously, why do you even bother asking this when the movie isnt 100% official yet? I'd ask when I see a trailer come out.
Doesn't hurt to ask!!! Were all just guessing anyway.

The thing you guys are forgetting, though, is that Lord of the Rings and King Kong are the only two really successful films Peter Jackson has worked on.

Actually, King Kong was just a remake - everything had already been set up, and Jackson just 'improved' it (of course, I still enjoy the original one and the sequel? Not so much...)

You seem to forget that most of Peter Jackson's recent movies have been absolute failures - no offense to Peter Jackson.

AoBfrost said:

They could make a guy in armor do a backflip... It is hollywood.

If I was picking someone to do the movie I would get Michael Bay.

Chemical.Reaper said:
PETER JACKSON: "Can I make a Halo film?"
PRODUCTION COMPANY: "Hell no!"
PETER JACKSON: "I want the Rock to play Master Chief."
PRODUCTION COMPANY: "Get lost!"
PETER JACKSON: "You know what would be really cool? A Halo film..."
PRODUCTION COMPANY: "Are you going to leave, or do we have to call Security?"

The idea was pretty bad from the beginning. First off, it couldn't be live action - all of the aliens would be CG (unless you can find several people who are 3ft tall to play grunts, people with 4 mandibles to play elites, people 12ft tall and really stocky to play hunters, several stick-thin 4ft tall people to play jackals, etc.). Second of all, the Rock as Master Chief? The whole thing about Master Chief is that he never removes his helmet. A 'star' like the Rock would insist on having his face shown for part, if not most, of the movie. And lastly, how many vehicles would a production company want to build for a Halo film? Nobody would enjoy building a Scorpion, even if it was just building one that would be scanned in and used for CG models.

Uhhh...

If the Rock was ever casted as the Chief, I might go attack their studios.
First off, Grunts are estimated at 5 feet, Jackals at 5.5, Elites at 8, Brutes at 8-9, Hunters at 12, MC at 7.

We don't need a star, just Steve Downes for the voice, and a dude in a suit. We also would use CG for the following:
-Scorpions
-Wraiths
-Phantoms
-Large Ships
-Large armies

That's it.
All we need.

If I was making a movie, I'd rather spend millions of CG actors and scenery, rather than paying millions to real actors. Real actors couldnt be elites, their body isnt right, plus Like I said, if you have armor on, I doubt your going to run and jump around like the chief really does ingame.

What about all the trailers? Marines? ODST's? And the warthog? Why waste cash on thoes things if you aint' going to make a movie?!?!?! :cry: pleas tell me its still going to be made?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back