WHS Red vs. Blue build (Very Pic Heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahh, my bad, duno how i missed that sorry. yeah it looks as good as i thought, and it looks like it was sealed in the pic on the box too.

man, i been away from this thread far too long. Stupid school/graduation/holidays/Work/procrastination.
but the builds are looking very clean :) keep them pics coming

Thanks a ton Road Kill. Its always rewarding when others appreciate the work that goes into these.

It looks like a summer build group is in limbo right now. One of my group graduates and the other is moving out of town so things are up in the air until we know for sure that we can meet to keep working. But I'll keep pushing the guys to finish.

love what you've done with your red suit, the battle damage and blackwash look really good
also loving your concept to pass over a much needed spread of creativity and creation in with the students
a very much welcomed contribution good luck to you and your students
happy 4th

just realized i reached the last post. 2 hours of reading through this thread have me in the planning stage for my ODST armor. its great that you have students interested in this. i know this has been said multiple times, but i wish our art teacher was as awesome as you! you sir, have me motivated... even if i am going ODST instead of Spartan.

your suit looks amazing, and i cant wait to see your students finished suits when you get the group building again.

I actually do plan on doing something similar with a group of my friends, do you have any tips for us on how to get started? what did you make your suits out of?

Angus314 -

At the risk of being a bit short in my answer I will simply say that both these questions are answered throughout this thread. Take your time and read through the posts. I have tried to detail as much of the process as possible including materials used and where I found the files. As for a good starting point, I would say just make sure that everyone is on the same page and dedicated to finishing. The biggest challenge will be finding appropriate work space.

Well Thorn,

Unfortunately there is no news. My final two builders have graduated and moved on to college. They both will have to finish on their own. So until I get some new kids started this thread will be essenstially dead. If anything new happens I'll post with news.

Thank you to everyone who has followed this thread and I can only apologize that you didn't get to see the team completed as I had hoped. Hope you all got something out of what you see. Until next time, keep building and keep sharing.

thats a really nice project and i wonder how hard it is to get the permission from the principal. iam on my way to be a teacher in germany (history and math) and i want to start up an afterclass project in foam armor building as well. hope this is going to work ^^ pepakura gives a lot of diffrent costumes to make :p

Okay I know it's been a while, but I have a small update!

Did a little work on the under suit today and repaired all the damage from last halloween. I'll be suiting up for the Midnight release of Halo 4 so pictures of that will hopefully be up soon after.

Here is the under suit update:

So all I did was to add some of the midsection details to the vest I wear. I used the same "foam sandwich" technique that the manufacturer used. (except mine is hand sewn rather than by machine)

In this pic you can see where I've laid out the pattern for the details in white pencil:
20121104_2037.jpg

And after the hand sewing you can see the pattern shown on the front of the vest here. I do wish I had used white thread as it would have caused the pattern to show more.
20121104_2038.jpg

Overall it is a subtle addition but I like it. It give that extra bit of authenticity I've been looking for. Maybe later I'll continue adding the detail to the back and shoulders.

Looks great. It's nice to see you back posting:D I can't wait to see how all the Halo 4 pic's come out. :cool

Looks great. It's nice to see you back posting:D I can't wait to see how all the Halo 4 pic's come out. :cool

I'm liking that SA. I agree with thorn, great to see you again! :D

Thanks to you both. It is good to get some time to actually build again. Even if it is just small repairs and additions.

So last night was a trip. Overall the suit held up well again. The only problem was in the boot. The toe box separated from the sole right at the joint. But the boot still stayed on so no biggie. Everyone at the release had a good time and and really took well to the suit.

Without delay here are some of the pics:
Just arrived and suited up. Not the best quality but still early in the night:
20121106_2043.jpg

He was taller but I was packing heat!
20121106_2051.jpg

A friend's little brother. Can't even describe how excited he was. This kid never shuts up and yet he couldn't speak at all.
20121106_2050.jpg

Blue Team better have this guide on hand or the Reds are gonna dominate! Well everyone except Griff, but dies so well:
20121106_2047.jpg

Wait, you mean I don't get a free copy just for showing up? Simmons, pay the lady!
20121106_2044.jpg

I met this group of Marine Special Forces operators. It was the highlight of my night. Great group of men. It is very humbling to be complimented by men who put their lives on the line for our country. But last night they got to have a blast dominating the LaserTag arena.
20121106_2045.jpg

Come on! Where is the part where Griff dies a horrible death?
20121106_2048.jpg

SUCK IT BLUE!!
20121106_2042.jpg

That's right anyone want to argue with me being first in line? Didn't think so.
20121106_2041.jpg

And one last one. I just couldn't help myself. Had to have a little photoshop fun at Playstation's expense. Calvin would be proud:
sargepissing.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back