WIP: Full set of Halo 3 variant helmets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weekly update time!

Have decided to put my current CQB to one side and rebuild using the absolutely fantastic model just released by , looks totally gorgeous!

That eva is coming along very nicely man. Keep up the great work.

side note: I didn't quite catch who the new cqb helmet was from. I believe you forgot to type it. I have a couple different files already. It would be nice to get my hands on this one to compare.

That eva is coming along very nicely man. Keep up the great work.

Thanks very much! I need to work on the underside tonight when I get back from work and then just a little bit more smoothing on the visor section and it'll be ready :D

side note: I didn't quite catch who the new cqb helmet was from. I believe you forgot to type it. I have a couple different files already. It would be nice to get my hands on this one to compare.

Ohh yeah I kinda slipped when I went name hunting, it's by L3X and it is gorgeous, has all the nice little details that I really didn't want to have to hand make with putty etc ;)

Aaaaand that's the EVA base detailed and smoothed out something rotten. Now I'm moving onto either Recon or CQB till that's done, and so on till the rest are ready, then on with the moulding!

Two down...

Photo-1229.jpg

(though tbh, Ironium's wolf helm is kinda tempting atm...)

Attachments

• Photo-1229.jpg
    Photo-1229.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 98
SWEET MANG!! im loving the way that eva helmet looks! Keep up the good work!
Thanks! Ohhh I'm dead happy with it so far, was terrified I wouldn't do my mates modelling 3D skill any justice but he was happy with how it's looking so far :D

Oh, *nice*. If you mould that Scout and Recon set, I'll be on it in a *flash*.

Thanks Cpt Recon, I'm certainly planning to mould them. Really depends on cost so it may end up with me making a couple of moulds, then a wee break then the next couple etc till I have the lot. I've got a couple of localish friends with some interest in the Recon so that was already amongst the planned early moulds ;)

Now you can get up, stand in front of the shelf, and find out which tie you want to wear today... err, i mean helmet.

Thanks! Ohhh I'm dead happy with it so far, was terrified I wouldn't do my mates modelling 3D skill any justice but he was happy with how it's looking so far :D

Thanks Cpt Recon, I'm certainly planning to mould them. Really depends on cost so it may end up with me making a couple of moulds, then a wee break then the next couple etc till I have the lot. I've got a couple of localish friends with some interest in the Recon so that was already amongst the planned early moulds ;)

Local as in...? I'm currently in Aberdeen, is that local enough? :p

Local as in...? I'm currently in Aberdeen, is that local enough? :p

Aberdeen Scotland? If so sweet yeah that's pretty local. Would certainly make it easier to get to you, I'm a lil nervous of the postage to the US. I'll send you a PM when either ones ready, not sure how long that'll be though.

Aberdeen Scotland? If so sweet yeah that's pretty local. Would certainly make it easier to get to you, I'm a lil nervous of the postage to the US. I'll send you a PM when either ones ready, not sure how long that'll be though.

That's alright, watch this space. I'm all over recently, have to go down to London for a training course and then I'm in Dundee for a fortnight doing a series of seminars. Might be that you end up mailing it to me where I'm currently at xD

That's alright, watch this space. I'm all over recently, have to go down to London for a training course and then I'm in Dundee for a fortnight doing a series of seminars. Might be that you end up mailing it to me where I'm currently at xD

Bit of a mobile job then eh? Well I'll shift the Recon into line as my next one to finish detailing and I'll give you a shout when the mouldings ready to see where you are ;)

Well sat and worked on the Recon this evening, smoothed the right side of the upper section, added bondo round the neck rim and over some joins for smoothing tomorrow, added putty to the side pieces and carved slots into them, added the detail on the point above the visor and the forehead box started, carved in the lines across the upper surface (they're not very smooth but as good as I could manage) and gave it a wee primer coat to see how it looked.

Photo-1241.jpg

Attachments

• Photo-1241.jpg
    Photo-1241.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 112
how is the eva comming? have the files bean releaced yet, if so whare? ethere way how do you plan to make the viser see though? also i herd you where making a meta sute. if so what chest where you using?

how is the eva comming? have the files bean releaced yet, if so whare? ethere way how do you plan to make the viser see though? also i herd you where making a meta sute. if so what chest where you using?

It's getting there, I need to save up and get the casting materials now to make a couple runs of it for building. The see-through visor is a sneaky plan between a friend and I which will be documented and posted ;) And yup I plan on this ending up being a Meta build too, for the chest either EVA or Scout, I'm still not fully decided on that one.

When will you release Eva file? I would like to build that too. Btw your helmets look awesome.

Soon as my ones finished completely I'll host the files up for people to try out :) And thanks very much! Trying my best!

Slight update, got the Recon done and dusted, just needs a final coat of primer and it's totally done for casting. Got a visor in for the Security and found that the slight warping of the sides was actually too much to be forgiven by the visor so I'll need to rebuild that one :-/

Photo-1244.jpg

EOD is semi-bondoed and underway, freezing temperatures are really not helping though!

Photo-1247.jpg

And the gf is watching too much Dragonball so I had to spend a while making this...

Over9000.jpg

Attachments

• Over9000.jpg
    Over9000.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 99
  • Photo-1247.jpg
    Photo-1247.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 93
  • Photo-1244.jpg
    Photo-1244.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 94
Status