Wood MA5D project

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADMRLParangosky

For one of my high school art classes, my teacher told us to make some art using 3 recyclable materials, and only using materials we haven't used before. So I thought I would make an assault rifle. Here it is, I used wood for the body, a steel pipe for the barrel, and an aluminum flashlight.
IMG_0103_zpse5cbd751.jpg

IMG_0105_zps6498249a.jpg

IMG_0106_zps552fb689.jpg

the width of it is off in places, but the length and height are to scale, 39 inches long and 10.5 inches high.
Let me know what you guys think!

Tools used:
Dremel tool
router
Xacto knife
hand sander
planer
sanding belt
drills
belt saw
table saw

I used 3 shades of wood stain on it, the lighter 2 didn't develop well.

Attachments

• IMG_0103_zpse5cbd751.jpg
    IMG_0103_zpse5cbd751.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_0105_zps6498249a.jpg
    IMG_0105_zps6498249a.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_0106_zps552fb689.jpg
    IMG_0106_zps552fb689.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 94
Sick work dude! Looks somewhat similar to the steam punk ar skin in halo 4, sans the brass accents. Keep it up!

This looks really nice have you considered a sliced method? May be capable of a mor accrate looking width. Also is that a tippman .98? Or an a-5?

This looks really nice have you considered a sliced method? May be capable of a mor accrate looking width. Also is that a tippman .98? Or an a-5?

Looks like a 98 haha, lack of a cylindrical foregrip and the cyclone feed gave it away for me

Looks good, but be careful; I heard a story of a gentleman who tried making a replica of a gun in woodshop and got expelled. Would hate to see that happen to you.

-Ryan M-82

Looks good, but be careful; I heard a story of a gentleman who tried making a replica of a gun in woodshop and got expelled. Would hate to see that happen to you.

-Ryan M-82
I suppose it depends on the teacher/principal. I made a gorgeous stock for my ruger 10-22 in high school wood shop, and my teacher was all for the project. That being said, I was one of the few guys to actually make an effort in class

-Ryan M-82

I'd have to agree. With the way the public schools are today, you can't be too careful, at least ask before bringing it in. Regardless, it's a very neat project. All recycled materials... that's definitely a new one!

Fudz

I suppose it depends on the teacher/principal. I made a gorgeous stock for my ruger 10-22 in high school wood shop, and my teacher was all for the project. That being said, I was one of the few guys to actually make an effort in class

I'd have to agree. With the way the public schools are today, you can't be too careful, at least ask before bringing it in. Regardless, it's a very neat project. All recycled materials... that's definitely a new one!

I made this mostly at my grandpa's garage, I only brought it to school to do minor touch-ups and for my final project review. My principal thought it was pretty cool, however he told me not to carry it around to my classes, and whenever I had to carry it, to hold it upside-down with my hand away from the trigger. Only one teacher was uneasy with me carrying it around, but she only told me to take it away once, when I was already leaving to go home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back