Working On First Set Of Mark V

Status
Not open for further replies.

agroom

Completely new to the entire costuming process. No prior experiece with fiberglass/bondo, latex or other modeling processes. The only advantage is i was an origami fanatic for many years, so the paper modeling came very natural. I'm in the process of making my first Mark V armor set as a test run to hopefully go onto Mark VI Hi-res and ultimately, if it is released, the ODST armor set. If I was any good at 3D modeling I would glady assist in projects, but alas...I'm not.

Anyway, I'm about 90% done with the paper model and am moving onto the fiberglass portion. All of which I've done prior ot ever posting here or even getting an account. They are 120% true that everything you need is here, you just have to look and read.

I'm very happy with all the pieces so far and hope that, even though it's a first attempt, it turns out to my expectations. Check out my profile gallery, I posted a few prelim pics of the helm, SMG rifle (first go at pepakura), and a body shot of the uppperbody set so far. Let me know what you think and feel free to provide some constructive feedback.

Thanks to everyone in the community for the invaluable information and the opportunity to learn and amaze my friends :)

pictures?? dont make a topic if you aint got them yet.
Some here say pics or it didnt happen. Your thread will most likely be locked if you dont post pictures soon.

rundown said:
pictures?? dont make a topic if you aint got them yet.
Some here say pics or it didnt happen. Your thread will most likely be locked if you dont post pictures soon.

Sorry, I put the pictures in my profile gallery but I'll provide some here.

Last edited by a moderator:
nice rundowns helm looks very good, and there is a odst set out just look up skullcandy girl i think it was who made a topic with them

That is INCREDIBLE, You better believe I'll be doing it! I really like the challenge of the more difficult models and feel I can do a very nice job. Working with the low res armor was not very satisfying, but it was more for a first-time quick model to practice on the reinforcement and painting. Last thing I want is to nail the paper model then make the rest look like $&!* :)

As for the edges, I use the back end of my exact-o knife rather than pen. I don't think pens work that great. I just have 2 knives, one with my new sharp blade for cutting and the other with an older dull blade for scoring.

I also found regular Elmers paper glue to work best for me. Hot glue is too messy and super glue dries too fast. With the paper glue, a thin bead holds superb and gives you a decent dry time to get the alignment just perfect.

Nice to see another Mark V in the works, even if it's only a warm up to an ODST.

Because, everybody knows the Mark V is money, yo!
Cadet23864a291f767e2e7.jpg

Cadet said:
Nice to see another Mark V in the works, even if it's only a warm up to an ODST.

Because, everybody knows the Mark V is money, yo!
Cadet23864a291f767e2e7.jpg

^this^ priceless! lol

on topic, nice helm, good folds, looks really good, just remember to take your time in the resin and glassing stages so ya dont warp anything

keep it up

Last edited by a moderator:
Question on your girdle and stomach piece. What did you use to connect your girdle and ab piece? I was thinking of mounting the ab piece to a belt, but not sure about the girdle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back