Props Working Rocket Launcher Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
alright its been warm for the past few days so i think i'll start painting my rocket launcher. im going to start with a base color.
0201121450.jpg

0201121450a.jpg

0201121450b.jpg

i think i'll have some new pic 2 moro im all out of paint

Wow this looks really awesome the first rocket attempt compared to your latest is a major improvement! excellent work! Inspires me to make my own lol :p

Wow this looks really awesome the first rocket attempt compared to your latest is a major improvement! excellent work! Inspires me to make my own lol :p

trust me its a fun thang to build and use. the only thang that sucks for me is its cold and the paint its not going on right :| but i will get this one to be 100% finshed and this one will be my first full halo build. BTW when the 4th of july hits im going to have some fun

For the Rockets Have you thought about getting your hands on 2 Estes Viking rockets and build one with eight fins four in the front four in the back and build a sabot around the rocket body so that when it comes out the sabot will break away ant the rocket should fly straight

A sabot should work. Depends if he is going for accuracy of the rocket or accuracy of the game. Anyone who doesn't know what a sabot is, it's a sleeve of sorts that hugs the rocket and the inner walls of the tube. Usually used to keep all the force of the propellant behing the round being fired. The usually come in three to four peices and fall away as the projectile leaves the tube. In essence the rocket with a sabot will leave the tube at a perfect trajectory, instead of being cocked to one side.

its been some time so i'll update. im geting her ready for the 4th im hoping to have it painted fully for the 4th.
SANY0381.jpg

and u repainted my old noble 6 helmit for the 4th to
SANY0383.jpg

SANY0384.jpg

just got some rightfully names Artillery Shell fire works :)
SANY0392.jpg

now i just need to cut the base and mont it to the rocket launcher

Really cool how the entire system works... you should invest in model-rocket igniters and build that into your gun, so you could fire them remotely. Btw your voice reminds me of Cabooses

I work at a firework store. Be careful with lighting those. Make sure you aren't jamming them in the tube. I would hate to see it just blow up in the tube while you are holding the rocket launcher and I do not endorse building a firework artillery shell tube into a prop.

Other than that, it's a nice looking rocket launcher!

i did have a blowout once already it made my right ear ring for some time but othere then that its still working. but i am being careful. i do clean the tube ever 6th launch

you should make the trigger to where there is a flint at the end of the barrel so all you need to do is pull the trigger a few times and then all you need to do is aim for them elites!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back