WORT! WORT! WORT! (translation) My Elite Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, I don't think I've ever seen Sean's Arbiter. I kind of want to.

Yeah, Jeff, cardboard is my style too. 'Tis good stuff.

Well, if you need any help with the liquid latex stuff, just gimme a buzz. Dunno if I'll be able to respond since I get my messages in PMs through my email, but not in the actual inbox on this site, so...But I can give you my email address if you'd like.

I'm interested to see how this goes. The solution for the 3 joint leg is pretty clever. I think this could be a prototype to a very cool looking suit. Does need a little refining, spend some time just thinking really, and ways to make it better will sprout out! But i think it does have potential to be very efficient.

This is cool. so have you thought of using foam squares like the Halo war elite had? There is a couple threads for the squares(where to buya nd other things). Then you can roll and be safe! :)

I can walk very easily, but in some of the pictures I'm on a wooden floor, that is a little slippery. So to counter that I'll add some industrial rubber on the bottom. To increase Traction, and to reduce the "Clap-clap".
For the head I'm gonna use a Pep (shudder) File named (HD Elite Head) it is accurate. I'll pep it, glass it, slice it to articulate and introduce the muscle driven animatronics. meaning that the head will be mounted on a helmet, and there will a be a NECK strap to keep it on my head, and then a CHIN strap to make the Mandibles move. Maybe a Amp and a voice changer (to deepen)...but that isn't my area of expertise. My head will be just peeking out of the oversized chestpiece. some cloth and liquid latex later....bam! Elite...thats my plan at least.

I can walk very easily, but in some of the pictures I'm on a wooden floor, that is a little slippery. So to counter that I'll add some industrial rubber on the bottom. To increase Traction, and to reduce the "Clap-clap".
For the head I'm gonna use a Pep (shudder) File named (HD Elite Head) it is accurate. I'll pep it, glass it, slice it to articulate and introduce the muscle driven animatronics. meaning that the head will be mounted on a helmet, and there will a be a NECK strap to keep it on my head, and then a CHIN strap to make the Mandibles move. Maybe a Amp and a voice changer (to deepen)...but that isn't my area of expertise. My head will be just peeking out of the oversized chestpiece. some cloth and liquid latex later....bam! Elite...thats my plan at least.

EDIT: And a helmet pep by the same artist

I HATE pep, but it is accurate. And I want a very accurate head. Because if you have a so-so costume and a very legit Head, then it ties it together and makes up for the shoddy body....but I will not exhibit any costume in public until it has reached MY level of perfection. So expect a doozy....If all goes well...

Thanks for the huge ammount of interest This has generated...it started out as a "what the hell" kind of project, just to prove the elite legs could be done....now it has evolved into something much larger...thanks again for the support Guys, I really appreciate it!

Update!

I just got home from work, and I'm now posting what I did the previous night. I changed the nub on the top of the Greave and added more detail to the Greave and the Hoof.

IMAG0042.jpg

Once Again in Front of the Mirror

IMAG0046.jpg

shows some detail. The camera Highlights every flaw, it may look like crap on the pic. but in RL it is ok.

IMAG0047.jpg

Just showing more of what I added to the Hoof

IMAG0049.jpg

Elite: Crap....my Active Camo is crappin' out again...

Nice work and you have any pointer on using cardboard? I need some to scratch build a EVA helmet and have no clue what to do.

Ok, sure. First get Reference I every single angle you can find, either fire up the old xbox (if you have a eva helmet) go to custom match and start a game with only you in it, then mess around for 2 or so minutes then quit. Then Go to theater Mode and look and the dif. angles to get an idea.

(what i use for "Cardboarding")
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hot Glue Gun - ton of Sticks
Scissors- gotta have em
Box Cutter- I've bleed cups, literally cups of blood from being to stupid and rash. BE CAREFUL
Exacto Knife- Good for small details and the best part is that if you cut yourself you won't notice until you start bleeding on your hardwork
Good Pencil- for marking and sketching up your part
Meter Stick- good for making straight lines and for fending off attacks from Siblings.
Patience- lots of it

Note: I'm not kidding about the blood thing..being careless can cost you a days work. because you can't feel your hand or move it. My hands are covered in scars...past reminders of stupidity. Rememeber Cut away from yourself...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Or you could print out pictures. Thats what I do now.

You really need a Hot Glue Gun. I can't tell you how much it has sped up my "cardboarding" from Ducttape (don't do it!) To White Glue (Terrible, takes forever to get tacky on cardboard there was days when I was holding a stupid piece of cardboard to another for around an hour...ugh) Then Came the 9th age of reclamation.......Hot Glue Trust me, you'll love it. Just Be Careful.

Then get ahold of some cardboard (I recommend the nearest McDonalds the cardboard varies, from very thick heavy duty stuff to wimpy thin stuff (detailing) Raid the Dumpster and jet.

Then Sit down, pop in a movie and ready your glue gun. Study the Pics and start somewhere, get the general shape then move on.
Remember, the more time you spend in a particular part (like detailing) then you will start to see results sooner, and your moral and confidence will go up. Then It starts to snowball.

Take your time and get good Refs!

And now the Cardboard Rant comes to a Close

Ok, sure. First get Reference I every single angle you can find, either fire up the old xbox (if you have a eva helmet) go to custom match and start a game with only you in it, then mess around for 2 or so minutes then quit. Then Go to theater Mode and look and the dif. angles to get an idea.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scissors- gotta have em
Box Cutter- I've bleed cups, literally cups of blood from being to stupid and rash. BE CAREFUL
Exacto Knife- Good for small details and the best part is that if you cut yourself you won't notice until you start bleeding on your hardwork
Meter Stick- good for making straight lines and for fending off attacks from Siblings.
Patience- lots of it

Note: I'm not kidding about the blood thing..being careless can cost you a days work. because you can't feel your hand or move it. My hands are covered in scars...past reminders of stupidity. Rememeber Cut away from yourself...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You really need a Hot Glue Gun. I can't tell you how much it has sped up my "cardboarding" from Ducttape (don't do it!) To White Glue (Terrible, takes forever to get tacky on cardboard there was days when I was holding a stupid piece of cardboard to another for around an hour...ugh) Then Came the 9th age of reclamation.......Hot Glue Trust me, you'll love it. Just Be Careful.

Then get ahold of some cardboard (I recommend the nearest McDonalds the cardboard varies, from very thick heavy duty stuff to wimpy thin stuff (detailing) Raid the Dumpster and jet.

Then Sit down, pop in a movie and ready your glue gun. Study the Pics and start somewhere, get the general shape then move on.
Remember, the more time you spend in a particular part (like detailing) then you will start to see results sooner, and your moral and confidence will go up. Then It starts to snowball.

May I add something?

Paper tape works wonders on smoothing out edges. :D

Scissors- gotta have em
Patience- lots of it

Thanks this helps alot and I have plenty of ref pic, but no xbox but I have enough pic to make it happen.

Yeah Anytime. I'm always looking for Scratchbuilders to join the ranks!

Oh and RFP I have a question, did you Glass the cardboard after you made the piece?

Glass the cardboard?

The only glassing I know about is the kind the covenant does to the people they don't like. I can't say I'm familiar with the practice.

(also, out of curiosity--I hear "scratch build" a lot. What does this mean? *is so ungodly unfamiliar with the lingo on this site*)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back