Would this be possible???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big John

Hi All :D

I do love this site, I always looking at something on the site.

I would like to ask a question which I don’t know if it has been covered before if it has I have not found it and apologies if it has been covered. :facepalm

I am a newbie and suffer with dyslexia, I not very good with computers and struggle with a lot of things especially if it involves figures.

I am very good at making things and have just discovered this art of making replica costumes from foam and want to get on board and join other members on the site and start making some. I am looking at making things like Robocop, Ironman, Cyberman, Halo (Master Chief).

I know that I must not be the only person to struggle with certain things.

I have downloaded the Pepakura page from there web-site and when I download a foam file the 405[SUP]th[/SUP] or RPF web-site the all show up very very small or each piece to be made fit on two one A4 sheet and are not the correct size, this is were I am having the problem.

I have read a number of threats about resizing, but I might as well be reading another language.:wacko

Is there a way that members who have downloaded the files and resized them to fit there height what ever that may be, who in turn can put the resized file back on the site in a section that had a like Heading Resized Files, and the when you put the file back on you could have the threat heading like, Foam File; Halo Master Chief to fit 6 Foot 4 inch person or Pepakura File, Cyberman to fit 5 Foot 8 inch person.

They could be in different formats like PDF file or Word as that all that would need to be done would be print them out.

Sorry for any misspelling or incorrect grammar.

Look at SavedbyGraceG12 thread specifically post 24. Use this pic which he uploaded.
http://s773.photobucket.com/user/joshuabouillion/media/download_zpsmogbfzwv.jpg.html

take the measurements in inches and convert to millimeters input into pepakura designer. Use them as your dimensions. You can print out the pic and write your measurements on it for future reference.

You can get pretty close to your dimensions with pepakura. Very few people will have it perfect. Only thing i can add is that you are going to have to build something to test it. Say a shoulder or hand plate. Some of the file need to be resized and reorganized to suit you as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All :D

I do love this site, I always looking at something on the site.

I would like to ask a question which I don’t know if it has been covered before if it has I have not found it and apologies if it has been covered. :facepalm

I am a newbie and suffer with dyslexia,.

Hey man join the club I'm also suffer with it i wish you the best of luck with your build and may the foam always bend in your favour

Look at SavedbyGraceG12 thread specifically post 24. Use this pic which he uploaded.
http://s773.photobucket.com/user/joshuabouillion/media/download_zpsmogbfzwv.jpg.html

take the measurements in inches and convert to millimeters input into pepakura designer. Use them as your dimensions. You can print out the pic and write your measurements on it for future reference.

You can get pretty close to your dimensions with pepakura. Very few people will have it perfect. Only thing i can add is that you are going to have to build something to test it. Say a shoulder or hand plate. Some of the file need to be resized and reorganized to suit you as well.

A test piece is definitely a sure fire way to get the right fit but unless you are able to take the test fit item and measure that out and translate it to the program........it may not help w/ the rest of the build. It is going to take time but be patient and don't get discouraged. I know i saw a group of files sized from 4'-6'6" somewhere. I will look again and post for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back