Votes: 0 0.0%
  • buy a ugh...wii

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wrigley93

Jr Member
yes i know i'm stupid for not getting a intercooler or even a instore warrenty. :oops: :oops: :oops:

BUT this is reDICKulus

ok if they would give me a repair what would you do?

thanks

Buy a new system, getting it repaired isnt worth it, it will break again, plus, you shouldnt need a intercool fan system, the system should be able to run and cool itself just fine, otherwise, you know something isnt good about it.

Don't buy the intercoolers, they murder your consoles, considering they fuse to the back of it. Void your warranty, and fry the power supply, causing the RROD

The xbox360 power supply is made to mainly work with the components inside the system, but has some power for external devices, but sometimes the fan systems use too much, and just kill your system, thats what happened to a friends.

Best thing to do at this point is to either got to llamma.com or xbox-scene.com. They have many diagnostic and repair guids. Simplest fix which i am curently using in ine is called the penny fix, search it on youtube. I'm at a friends house now so cant really help, just pm me or something if you need help, whatever you do dont get another box and at the very least dont get a intercooler

Like I said, if the system cant control it's own heat problems, it isnt that good of a build quality, some may be built better, while others may not, or it could be just a random problem, who knows.

get a elite. they dont overheat and get the RROD I hear.
And repair will never give you back a new one. only refurbished. ive gone through 3

Don't get the intercooler. It's more likely to break your xbox than just the xbox overheating.
It can have a bad connection and cause a short and burn up your xbox.

I'd just buy a new xbox, rather than trying to get it repaired, but try to ask from for a brand new xbox from M$ first.

The elite does get rrod, it's the same hardware in a different case, plus a 120gig HDD. Maybe a few things, but the main overheating components are still present. What you need is a NEW regular premium xbox360, they have the falcon chipset which runs cooler, plus they have loads of heat sinks to keep it cool inside.

A simple google search will show the elite can get rrod. The new falcon chipsets can too, so no matter what, you arent safe, but slightly safer with a falcon, but still many reports of the rrod with the new falcons too.

If you want a "baby" elite, get a arcade and a 120gig HDD for the 360, some component cables, and save some cash. Though you dont get HDMI output....I guess thats where you "save"

My first Xbox 360 was defective. I bought it from Walmart, so I was able to just exchange it for a new one, which hasn't had any problems at all. It is the new Premium system, with HDMI and the falcon chipset. I've had it for a few months now.

My bother bought a Xbox 360 a year ago, and he's only had it 3-red ring of death a few times. I've been able to get it working each time, but I think the new ones are more reliable.

Also, the only difference between the Elite and normal consoles is that they glued down a certain piece so it didn't overheat as much.

tsk tsk.... It is true that the 360 has many problems concerning hardware, but only in a few key areas. Those areas are the X-clamps and the ramchips. The red ring of death simply means a general hardware failure. Most of he time this is due to overheating, or the X-clamp screws not being tight enough and therefore not making contact with the motherboard. There is a way to test for both of these called the towel trick(originallyfrom one of the mods at llamma.com) Simply take a towel and wrap it around the 360 and let it overheat. This will cause a warping of the motherboard to to the heat and pressure of the X-clamps, and will make contact with the motherboard. This however is only a temporary fix that only lasts hours/days and will evenntually stop working. When this happens the thing to do would be to replace the thermal paste on the cpu and gpu. But what i found out when i was going through all this is that there is a simpler fix called the penny fix. By putting pennies on the 4 ram chips(which are right next to the X-clamps) it takes away heat that they are producing and also warps the motherboard jutsenought to make good contact with the X-clamps. I dunno if you have ever taken your 360 apart( sounds like you haven't) but i have haad to many a time and have dealt with this very same problem, i would strongly recommend the penny fix, heres a link for a detailed tuturial and video tutorial

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=606431

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asTDsKLVexA

this fix is very easily reversable and easy to do, all it requires is dissassembly of the 360 and removval of the motherborad, no soldering any wires or anyything( you can even just use electrical tape instead of hotglue to hold the pennies in place), i hope this helps and i wish you luck, like i said pm m if you need help, i know what your going through

Ironcobra3000 said:
Don't buy the intercoolers, they murder your consoles, considering they fuse to the back of it. Void your warranty, and fry the power supply, causing the RROD

This is not true. As I've stated many times before, I've had an Intercooler on my 360 for almost two years now. Still on my first system, and it's not fused or even singed the back of the 360.
The most I get any more is a Hard Drive Failure error that's as easy to fixed as turning the 360 off then back on, and even that is rare.

I will say, a friend of mine just got a BRAND NEW 360. Hooked it up and it RROD on him RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX. I think the newer systems have some serious issues.

You could always spring for one of these, haha.
coolitsystem.jpg
Liquid Cooling for your 360.

-Magnum

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back