Xbox 360 discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
drgon47 said:
Heres a stumper question for ya. I just got my box in the mail to ship off my xbox. Well they didnt bother to send the return pre pay sticker for the box. So I went online to look at something and when I sent off for the box, my warranty was in. Now its out of warranty as of 11/13/07 7pm. If I send it in, will they keep it and ill be SOL ? Or will they repair it and send it back. help .....

They won't keep it but you will have to probably pay a service fee. I did this when I had my original XBox and they charged me like $80 and ended up having to send me a refurbished one, but I got all new cords and an extra controler out of it :p . This occured like 3 years after I bought it. This happens with most warrantys that run out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if gamesetop is still doing the "trade in your old box, get some credit, then buy an elite." Maybe I could do that and get out before they check my 360 out :p

drgon47 said:
I wonder if gamesetop is still doing the "trade in your old box, get some credit, then buy an elite." Maybe I could do that and get out before they check my 360 out :p

I don't think you'll get that much for it, last I was told(not that I know this for sure, you'll have to check it out) EB only gives you like $50 credit for a 360 trade-in. Sucks, I know. I don't know what gamestop is like, but I bet it won't be too much different there.

I found an elite system on ebay, slighty used for 350 BIN. I may get that and have my current one fixed and then used as a spare.

Hmm my 360 makes wierd noise's. it clicks and whines when somthings loading, but I supposed its ok.

And if anyone wants to play me somtime my XBL gamertag is: smilie5768 (all lower case)

smilie120 said:
Ok I just splashed out $1,065.66 on my new 360 and TV. What I really wanted to know is.

What are the odds of this thing getting the "red ring of doom"?

Would the area where I live affect this? Because of the climate, and the UK being cooler.

How much did you dish out for a 360?

Can anyone find a site where I can get the wierless adapter to connect to my router?

What's your dislikes about the 360?

What do you like about the 360?

Thank you for your time.

--smilie120

If you have a first generation 360 your odds are about 99%.

It shouldn't really affect it if you play it indoors, its designed for use inside.
--------

I don't like how my first gen 360 broke a week out of warranty(the extended one year one they implemented) plan they added, however after an hour phone battle I get half off the repair costs(YAY). Oppsy Poopsy they didn't send the shipping box...I'll just pay 30 more dollars(YAY). Then they email me 3 months later saying the shipping box was just sent, but it never arrived even then.

I like how they refunded me a good 3 months after they announced they would cover the first generation 360 repairs. Funny how large corporations take there sweet time when having to pay the little guy, but they gobble up his money in a heartbeat. Never saw my shipping money :(. :tutu:

All in all Xbox 360 support can be horrible. Especially if your an early adopter.

I love xbox live

---Replying to the guy who's sending his xbox in----
If you scheduled for it to be fixed before the warranty was up you should be fine.

My wife is buying me a Xbox 360 for Christmas and I was wondering will it play Halo 1 and 2? If not I guess I will have to keep my old one

Ronin said:
Hey thanks guys!! This will let me know what games to get rid of!! :lol:

It does updates through live, so you will need XBL to play them. Just FYI in case you didn't know that and didn't have Live already.

23Magnum said:
It does updates through live, so you will need XBL to play them. Just FYI in case you didn't know that and didn't have Live already.

whooops, yeah forgot to mention that
thanks for the backup magnum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back