Xbox 360 Mic Fix

Status
Not open for further replies.

TH3 FETT MAN

Hey everyone,

This is a tutorial on how to fix a XBOX 360 mic if its not connecting when you plug it in. I understand you can go buy a new one for 20-30$ but I don't have any money( no job :) ). This is for anyone who just wants to fix their mic for free because most people might have the supplies already. So please no harsh comments I just wanted to help :)

-WHAT YOU'LL NEED-

Soldering Iron

Solder

a long wire

electrical tape

razor blade or X-Acto knife

First cut the rubber casing off.

Then cut the plastic cover off.

DSCN0531diagram.png

DSCN0535.jpg

Check which wires are broken, the little blue one was broke on mine but it could be the white or both.

Splice in the wire a little down the wire.

DSCN0541.jpg

Now get your wire and strip the ends.

DSCN0552.jpg

Now solder the wire to the corresponding spot.

DSCN0535diagram.png

DSCN0560.jpg

Then solder the wire to the spliced wire.

DSCN0590.jpg

It should be like this( If the wire is longer then you need remember to cut it down to size :) )

DSCN0586.jpg

now to secure the wire in place. You don't want to wrap the whole thing with tape because it wont be as flexible.

DSCN0594.jpg

DSCN0591.jpg

Update-

Ok I just made a quick tutorial if your mic is connecting but you cant hear and/or talk.

-WHAT YOU'LL NEED-

small flat head screwdriver

soldering iron

solder

electrical tape

First remove the padding

DSCN0598.jpg

then push the 3 pins in.

DSCN0601diagram.jpg

then check the blue and green wires to see if their broke.

If not then remove the black heat shrink

DSCN0606diagram.jpg

Then check and see if those wires under the heat shrink are broke or loose

If none or broke or loose then you'll have to go to my first tutorial

DSCN0608diagram.jpg

Then solder what needs to be soldered and then wrap some electrical tape on it.

DSCN0609.jpg

And now reassemble and your done.

I hope this helps. This does work :) just let me know what you think

Thanks,

Th3 FETT MAN

I..I think i could go without xbox live for a couple days so I could buy a new one rather than electricute myself...

If you somehow manage to electrocute yourself on a mic wire, then you are doing something impossibly wrong :|

yeah, youre right. I dont think things through too well. It would have to be connected to a power source, which...if youre messing with the thing where the power comes in, it would be impossible.

Aaron said:
I..I think i could go without xbox live for a couple days so I could buy a new one rather than electricute myself...

trust me you would do more damage attaching 2 AA's to your nipples then you would from the near non-existant amount of electricity running throught the microphone wire.

Nice fix mate

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice little tutorial. Funny how a little bit of soldering can go a long way in life. :) Just a word of advice, heat shrinks are sometimes a little bit cleaner than electrical tape.

Out of curiousity, where is this brown bear fund?

Cheers!

So what does this fix? I remember on my first mic the volume part or something stopped working, and I couldn't hear. Not sure if I could talk, I have a really bad memory...

Sniperbaas392 said:
Nice little tutorial. Funny how a little bit of soldering can go a long way in life. :) Just a word of advice, heat shrinks are sometimes a little bit cleaner than electrical tape.

Out of curiousity, where is this brown bear fund?

Cheers!

I didnt have any heat shrinks but they make it look cleaner.

The E.B.B.G.A.S.F ? lol

Thanks everyone.

@ Aaron, i dont think that this will electricute you. lol?

@ Mustang2500

it will fix if your mic is plugged in and it wont connect or if you move it a little bit it will disconnect. When you cant hear but you can talk the a wire for the ear piece came loose or broke. all you do is resolder the wire back on.

I can put up some more tutorials on other things if you guys need anymore help with the mics or anything, just ask :)

Th3 FETT MAN said:
it will fix if your mic is plugged in and it wont connect or if you move it a little bit it will disconnect. When you cant hear but you can talk the a wire for the ear piece came loose or broke. all you do is resolder the wire back on.

Well like I said I don't exactly remember, but whatever it was I attempted to fix it by tearing apart other mics for parts. Lets just say with some extra wire and a big click-switch for a mute button, it wasn't very pretty. But it worked!

adventSpartanMatrix said:
trust me you would do more damage attaching 2 AA's to your nipples then you would from the near non-existant amount of electricity running throught the microphone wire.

You, just made me ROFL :lol

Th3 FETT MAN said:
I can put up some more tutorials on other things if you guys need anymore help with the mics or anything, just ask :)

I would really like other tutorials, like how to mod your controller or how to prevent your xbox from overheating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back