Xbox Gamecard On Your Desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenStreeper

Put Your Gamer Card on Your Windows Desktop

If you need one more place to show off your gamerscore, how about putting your gamer card on your Windows® desktop? You can also feature those of your friends and rivals … so when you're deep in a PowerPoint presentation (*yawn*) you know when your archenemy just edged you out and can immediately fake a cardiac episode, cut out of work, run home, fire up Xbox 360™, and regain the lead. Not that we would ever do that. Ahem.

Here's how to get your gamer card (or anyone else's) onto your Windows desktop.

From your Windows Desktop:

Select Start.
Select Control Panel.
Double-click Display.
Select the Desktop tab at the top of the window.
Select the Customize Desktop button (at the bottom of the window).
Select the Web tab at the top of the window.
Select New.
In the Location field, enter the url recieved from http://www.mygamercard.net/
Click OK, OK, OK … etc.
If your gamer card seems to be swimming in a sea of gray, just re-size the window to frame the gamer card.

You can now view your gamercard on your desktop.

[Side note]

Once you have this up you may want to set up sync times and lock your desktop (this will update your
gamercard, and prevent it from moving after you get it in a good spot)

Very cool.

However, I'm very OCD about my desktop. There are only ever three icons and one folders on my desktop. I don't have any tools or anything else like that. I like my desktop clean! ;) (And my toolbar as well)

Razgriz said:
Very cool.

However, I'm very OCD about my desktop. There are only ever three icons and one folders on my desktop. I don't have any tools or anything else like that. I like my desktop clean! ;) (And my toolbar as well)

lmao you should see my desktop :p junk everywhere. The hole screen is taken by files and shortcuts xD
And somehow its organised o_O

Last edited by a moderator:
rundown said:
lmao you should see my desktop :p junk everywhere. The hole screen is taken by files and shortcuts xD
Rofl, just like me and my messy room. What ever I need I can grab it easily, but when it is cleaned up I can't find anything I'm looking for.

Are those instructions for Xp or Vista?

Boryenko said:
Rofl, just like me and my messy room. What ever I need I can grab it easily, but when it is cleaned up I can't find anything I'm looking for.

Are those instructions for Xp or Vista?

these instructions will work for any version of windows from 98 to vista

rundown said:

Organized mess huh? Sort of like my garage. :p

lol thats all nothing, I have some organized stuff now, but I have 6 folders on my desktop that are all filled with one or two (cause dual monitors) completely full monitors of stuff and the current one is about 30GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back