Xbox Live Connection Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xtreme TACTICS 101

Alright, here we go,

Today I bought a wireless connector for be to be abled to play Xbox Live. I hooked everything up properly, and tried what had to be 215 times (I was counting) to get a signel from my wireless internet connection. I have tried and failed at every possible way to connect to Xbox Live. This is really getting anoying, so any help possible would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!

ok now do u see ur connection on ur xbox when trying to conncet to it or is it not there at all

if its there and u can connect to it,make sure(if ur connection is secured)u have ur password that was giving to u by ur IP

well i had some problems connecting the wireless adapter to my xbox so i called the internet company and asked them to come to my house, they knew nothing about xbox but they solved the problem, maybe its an ip thingy you need to correct?

Yea, thats the whole problem. I have manually put the IP Address in the settings, and I have tried the automatic setting aswell. Nothing works. I just moved the 360 closer to the computer, and still no luck. The signel has to go through a wall, but that shouldn't prove a problem because my moms laptop can recieve a signel as clear as day through the wall. There are no appliances between the computer and the 360 but the laptop. Although im almost 100% sure the laptop would not interrupt the signel, im no expert on this kind of thing.

I have looked over Xbox.com for a couple hours now with no luck. I have used Google and Yahoo to find a sollution with no luck.

Yea, it is. Its made for the 360, and its from Microsoft so it should be fine. My mother has a huge wall of mirrors in the house, but its in the other direction of the connection from the computer to the 360. I know radio waves bounce off of them, so could that be a factor?

If I can't get this to work, I may have to buy a 200 foot wire for the computer to hook up to the 360. Its a long way for a wire to run without drilling any holes through the walls.

CommanderFluffy said:
is your router xbox live aproved? if it aint it isnt going to transmit anything to your xbox.

Uh...Do you mean the WI-FI modem because the wireless adapter is OF COURSE made by Microsoft and I'm pretty sure you don't need a particular WI-FI modem at all,because thats plain out un-fair then.

ON TOPIC:

Uhh...maybe ask the store you bought the wireless modem from if it's available with usage with XBL or not?just a suggestion,don't go refunding anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
does your router/modem witch splits the internet to other computers in the house have these specifications

Dual-band 5-GHz and 2.4-GHz signal.

802.11a/b/g wireless home network compatibility.

if it doesnt then the xbox will not connect via wireless. the a/b/g is a frequency used by the router and xbox. most times people only have one kind of router letter say B or D and then it doesnt work because the xbox runs all frequencys A/B/G checkl your users manual if not router manufacturer to see if you have the correct router and settings. yes it is usually this simple too. my router works on b/g and my laptop is a/b/h and i cant get wireless because of it. had to buy a compatible router and return the old one. dunno its just how things work!

adapter? you mean like your xbox adapter?

ok lets dumb this down so i can get it right.

xbox adapter

wirelessXBoxWirelessAdapter.jpg

router

DIR-615_left.png

now does the router have the settings of

Dual-band 5-GHz and 2.4-GHz signal.

802.11a/b/g wireless home network compatibility.

and yes the xbox wireless adapter works for those settings... does the router? remember wireless adapters from your computer is not the same as the wireless router either.

lol, I'm kinda laughing at the misinformation given in this thread. ha

You do NOT need an xbox live approved router or a router that runs all three ABG frequencies. The xbox 360 wireless adapter can run on either B, G, or A. Speeds of B are not recommended for media sharing. Chances are that you have a wireless G router. You can check the sticker on the router to confirm. While your checking the sticker of the router, also take note of the router's model number.

Set the wireless adapter back to automatic settings. Run the xbox live troubleshooter on the 360. It will tell you if the wireless adapter is connected to the internet, but cannot connect to xbox live. If this is the case, you will need to forward the ports that xbox live uses on your router. Visit this page, choose your router's model number from the list, and follow the directions to open ports on your router for xbox live.

http://www.portforwa...ve_360index.htm

If the troubleshooter says something like not connected to network, or not connected to internet. You have other problems. You can post the results of the troubleshooter here and I will try to help, but it may be faster to call 18004myxbox (microsoft xbox support) for assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back