Wash or No Wash?

• YES

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
ok it looks like it lines up fine but it needs to be shorter because the bullets have to be exactly lined up with the barrel not past it and the top of the mag is just flat it doesnt have a cut in it

In order to fit more ammunition into the mag, it would have to have a rised area in it. It also in real life weapons it helps with feeding. Just look at most handgun mags, there like that.

And yes, I still have to trim the mag a bit anyhow.

Also, S1l3nt V1p3r, remember, when ammunition is stacked in the most conserving state, they form a Banana effect. You can see that some mags (ie. The M4A1) are curved. For all we know, it may be a double stacked banana magazine.

Ok, I trimed the mag down quite a bit. I found out the mag was really over sized, so I cut it down a bit to make it more realistic.

Pictures:

DSCN1455.jpg

DSCN1457.jpg

And the blank shell casing in the magazine that is actually from one of the guns on Omaha Beach from the movie "Saving Private Ryan":

DSCN1456.jpg

EDIT: I finished the back of the WETA Battle Rifle. Its more Bondo friendly then my Halo 3 version back, and its far more WETA accurate.

Pictures:

DSCN1458.jpg

DSCN1459.jpg

DSCN1461.jpg

Tell me what you all think.

CHEERS!

Ok, I am ready for resin, and Im starting today. I just finished up some extra details, added the trigger/trigger guard, and also the ball at the end of the charging handle.

The flash hider will not be added until late production due to lack of a copper pipe, and the proper cutting tools.

Pictures:

DSCN1525.jpg

DSCN1526.jpg

DSCN1529.jpg

I also found some alen key screws for extra detail:

DSCN1528.jpg

In addition to this detail, I also added more detail to the ammo counter area:

DSCN1531.jpg

I also added a gun sling mount to the back of the Battle Rifle:

DSCN1532.jpg

Tell me what you think, and wish me luck on the resining.

Depending on how my funds are after the relice of Halo 3:ODST, and how this Battle Rifle turns out overall, I MAY mold it and make a few limited casts. This only will happen if my funds are good (Or somebody else molds it, makes a few casts and sends me back the original and a cast or two), and IF Weta Workshop will permit me to do so. Thats just a little heads up.

CHEERS!

Thanks guys.

Sorry for the lack of an update. I've just been so buisy with work, and the Weta ODST costume to go with this Battle Rifle. I havent been abled to get realy any work done on it.

I will try to get resining finished in the next week or so.

Cheers guys and galls, and wish me luck!

Thanks for the links. I had a rough idea of how the mag would be, and I just used my imagination and any information I could find (Exact measurements of the round and what not). Although the mag is still logically to short, it works and is more Weta accurate according to my one and only referance picture of the mags.

Ok, small yet very high detailed update.

This morning at around 3:45 AM (I work best at night) I was thinking of ways to make the Battle rifle more real-world like. So, I came to the forums, and looked through the M6G referance pictures, and focused mostly on the markings. Now, That got me thinking "Why wouldn't every UNSC weapon have markings". From there I decided to mod the markings to better fit the Battle Rifle. Here is what I came out with:

Front upper reciever:

DSCN1534.jpg

Back upper reciever:

DSCN1536.jpg

Top of back upper reciever:

DSCN1537.jpg

Profile view:

DSCN1538.jpg

Well, each little plate of engravings took me about 1 hour each on average, so I sat down for about 3 hours, and carved them out of cardboard.

I plan on keeping the engravings by only putting one very thin coat of resin on top with a small fine detail brush. For painting, I will mask off the areas with the engraved wrighting, and will paint the areas with a brush to keep the detail.

Although this is straying from the Weta Battle Rifle, I don't plan to stray much further.

Wish me luck on the other high detailed areas.

CHEERS!

HEEEYYY Xtreme :p

(Hey good to see someone else work better in the night time, i do too :D Its like, when its quiet, and your by yourself, you become more efficent in working what you do best, depending what it is really)

Im really digging the CB BR :D LOVIN' the details budd. Wish i can do the BR, im scrapping mine now, i got some other weapon im almost done with. :D

Im glad, you had to take your time, and the outcome became the most A W E S O M E L Y - B A D A R S E

*High-5*

*Claps*

Your cardboard buddy,

SprayNoob

Thanks for the encouragement and comments SprayNoob.

Ok, yet again another small update.

I have redone the "MISRIAH ARMORY-9.5mm AUTOMATIC" marking to be smaller. Befor it was far too big, so I made it to be a bit more realistic in size, and I also make the cut-out cleaner:

DSCN1539.jpg

I also did the "BR55HB SR-UNSC PROPERTY" marking on the other side of the upper reciever:

DSCN1543.jpg

Now that I have the hardest markings out of the way (Phew...) I have to do the others, and remake one of the markings.

I also got a tiney bit more detail into the Battle Rifle. I did the adjustment nob for the ammo counter that will be used to turn the light on:

DSCN1546.jpg

I also put a little more detail on the carring handle:

DSCN1545.jpg

Hope you like it so far. Im still a ways away from resining and bondo, but I will keep working on it.

Now, for the markings, should I put a black wash over them once I put the silver paint on so make them stand out more, or just keep them silver? Please vote in the poll at the top of the page.

Wish me luck.

CHEERS!

Oops, deleted my post. Oh well, I guess I will re-type it:

Theron 113 said:
Why isn't this Elite yet? It rules!

I don't think this deserves Elite...yet.

Ok, well, after thinking about something since the start of this Battle Rifle, I finaly gathered enough courage to do it. I am making the Battle Rifle abled to be field stripped. I know Lee Kegan has made his Battle Rifle field strippable, but im taking it to the next level. Im prety sure what I am doing has never been done before with any Halo Battle Rifle that I know of.

My Battle Rifle will be abled to have a full basic field strip down. Such as opening of the reciever, seperation of the upper and lower reciever, removeable barrel and removeable magazine. The charging handle, as you know, is functional, and the ammo counter will be abled to light up.

I have done plenty of research on the field stripping of M14's, M4's, M16's, C7A2's, C8's, C3A1's, and the FAMAS. From them, I have developed a basic insight of how the BR55HB SR Battle Rifle works. From there, I was abled to desing the basic look of the interior of the Battle Rifle's upper and lower reciever.

Heres what I came up with:

Upper/Lower reciever:

DSCN1547.jpg

Upper/Lower reciever apart:

DSCN1552.jpg

Upper reciever interior without barrel:

DSCN1549.jpg

Upper reciever interior with barrel:

DSCN1551.jpg

Lower reciever interior:

DSCN1548.jpg

The barrel still has to be trimmed to a certan length, and there is still some work to do, but other then that, im getting close to resining.

Tell me what you think. Any possible imporvements that you think I could use, feel free to tell me.

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back