• YES

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
beefhat said:
how do you even find out how to make that o.o i mean iv seen pep files but that just looks like "how the hell are you supposed to make that"

I made a whole tutorial on how to make it.

Link: How To Make A Battle Rifle-Tutorial

Flyerfye said:
All I can say is... aren't automatic weapons awesome? I think they're even cooler once you know how they work. I'm really impressed that you're talking the time to build all the internal systems in there. Very cool!

Thanks, and I totally agree.

playdohlord said:
from the halo 2 spartan models that come with a BR i can say that the magazine in the halo 2 battle rifles is pretty much a square. i dont know about halo 3 though.

Im not building the Halo 2 or 3 BR. Im building the Weta Battle Rifle. There are small, but noticeable differances.

Now, due to lack of funds, lack of time, and lack of wanting to finish this project, I am no longer continuing it. Possibly as soon as as I have more funds I will continue it, but now is not likely.

Sorry everyone, but I just don't have the patients or even want to finish it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Xtreme TACTICS 101 said:
Im not building the Halo 2 or 3 BR. Im building the Weta Battle Rifle. There are small, but noticeable differances.

Oh right i forgot the Weta part, go figure, i am like the male equivalent of a dumb blonde:lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Well everybody, as you may have guessed by me posting, this project is back on the road!

A few days ago I was brainstorming ways to make this project more bondo friendly, more accurate, and to make it look cleaner. I finally found out how to do it. I went looking around my house for some very thin, smooth cardboard boxes. Mainly cereal box type cardboard.

After re-drafting the Battle Rifle to match exactly to the original Battle Rifle, I began to cut sections out of the cereal box board to glue on top of the original cardboard detail. This turned out to be far harder then I had hoped, but in the end has so far proven to be the best idea I have ever had. The cereal box board didn’t only allow me to smooth the cardboards appearance, but it also eliminated about 95% of the bondo work I would have needed. It also made it so the surface of the Battle Rifle was far harder, and more likely to support the bondo needed without it cracking.

I have decided to go full-out on making this not only perfect, but as Weta version accurate as possible. Although this means no extremely high detail, it does mean I can acquire some practice with this new method for my next project (MA37 Assault Rifle).

Now, enough with the description, here some the pictures!

DSCN1735.jpg

Although the whole Battle Rifle is not finished cereal box board wise, I have managed to get one of the most difficult areas of the Battle Rifle finished and ready for very light bondo work.

DSCN1737.jpg

DSCN1738.jpg

I had to redo the other sides detail, so its not quite finished yet.

DSCN1736.jpg

Well, that’s it for now. I will be updating later tonight.

Tell me what you think!

First, once you paint, definately wash it. Nothing looks worse than a pristine BR with an ODST... second, I like it. Looks about as accurate as you can get it in cardboard.

Dude! How??? Are u this amazing? Im shocked at the smoothness of the cardboard and how u managed to seal the edges on the board so neatly on the triangular details. All that painstaking work is starting to pay off and its really showing the potential of ur skills and ur project. Nice!

Dude! How??? Are u this amazing? Im shocked at the smoothness of the cardboard and how u managed to seal the edges on the board so neatly on the triangular details. All that painstaking work is starting to pay off and its really showing the potential of ur skills and ur project. Nice!

Pictures don't lie, lol. Thanks for the comment by the way.

I didn't learn those skills over night. I have been working at my skills for three years, and have built 4 Assault Rifles, 3 Battle Rifles, 2 Sniper Rifles, 1 Pistol, and 1 M1 Garand. Many of witch those weapons have not been reviealed to the 405th. I have currently in progress a second Sniper Rifle, this Battle Rifle, and the Halo Reach version MA37 Assault Rifle. Without those many projects, I would not be where I am today.

This Battle Rifle has been in progress since September 7, 2008! I plan to not have it sitting in a corner unfinished for 2011. I am hoping for the best on this project, and when its finished, I will be sure to post a picture of my very first Battle Rifle to show everybody how well your skills can improve with practice.

Anyway, I finished writing my 405th Source article, so I guess I'm off to work on this bad boy. I will do my very best to update tomorrow morning before I go to the dentist.

EDIT:

New update!

I have gotten the other sides high detail area finished.

DSCN1740.jpg

DSCN1742.jpg

DSCN1743.jpg

Tell me what you all think!

Next up will be the rest of the upper receiver and down around the magazine and pistol grip area. I then will have to redo the heat shield because its not only un-proportionate to the other parts now, its also inaccurate, and I believe I could make it look far better. I will then do the fore grip, followed by the carrying handle. I will then remake the magazine, and then go from there with hardening the Battle Rifle, bonding it, then painting it. I should have this project ready for bondo by the end of this coming weekend.

Wish me luck!

Awwww, you made that BR for meee. How Nice of you...I WISH. I am lovin the progress dude. Wish I had your epic skillz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back