• YES

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks.

So any flaws so far? Anything that you don't think would work?

Also, has this been done before? Just wondering.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!

Xtreme TACTICS 101 said:
Ok, I have figured out exactly how the battle rifle would work in real life. It took a good 2 weeks of solid research, but I have finally desinged the whole upper reciever to be as real-world accurate as possible. Now, I based most of the internals of the Battle Rifle on the SA-80:

SA80.jpg

And the FAMAS:

FAMAS.jpg

Heres the diagram of the whole upper reciever I drew:

07-25-2009102143AM.jpg

NOTE: DO NOT use without writen permision!

The first point I came up with was that it would be impossible to have a 3 round burst fire in about 1 second without the recoil of the rifle being 2x that of a .50 calaber machine gun, and the rifle shaking to pieces.

The second point I came up with was the stick under the barrel of the battle rifle is part of a short-stroke gas piston. Heres a diagram of what a short-stroke gas piston is. Now remember, this diagram is a M4 Carbine, not a Battle Rifle. The Battle rifle's short-stroke gas piston is under the barrel, not above the barrel like the M4 Carbine.

short-strokegaspiston.gif

Heres a basic diagram of what I will be explaining in this next paragraph:

Gas-operatedfirearm1.png

Now, the short-stroke gas piston system actually creates most of the recoil of the rifle. The recoil of the rifle is part of the reason why another round can be chambered and fired. What happens is when you slam a new magazine into position and pull back the charging handle a little device called a transfor lever is pushed back along with the charging handle. When the charging handle is pulled as far back as possible, the transfor lever attaches to the firing pin housing. As the charging handle slams back into place the transfor lever, dragging the firing pin housing pushes a shell into the correct firing position. This position is located just under the charging handle. Now, when you squeeze the trigger the firing pin inside the firing pin housing is thrown forward and ignited the primer of the shell. This lights the pouder inside the shell, and with enough preasure sends the bullet through the barrel, and at your target. As the bullet exits the barrel the short-stroke gas piston vents any harmful gasses away from the gunman. This, along with the bullet creates the recoil that throws the charging handle back, ejects the spent cartridge, and re-starts the cycle.

Now that I have figured this out, I just have to make it work.

Wish me luck.

Cheers!

i hope this ends out good, oh, have you looked at the TAVOR yet?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea, I looked at the TAVOR. Its not the greatest modle of a weapon to use for the Battle Rifle anyway because the magazine is set so far forward in the butt stock.

And I also hope this works otherwise I just destroyed a perfactly great project.

Oh no. Im defenatly not making it fire real ammunition. That would illegal, and I would probably be thrown in prision for quite some time. Its just going to be a field strippable prop.

I just had a gander in the Theater, and the BR's mag is straight for sure. the angle at which your spartan removes a BR mag and an AR mag is completely different, but other than that, looking awesome...

I actually had figured out that either way, the Battle Rifle magazine is simply impossable to build realistically. The magazine relice button is no where near the magazine even if its 90 degrees up. the mag would have to be put 2 cm forward. I also figured out it would be very hard to fit a firing pin, and the housing of the firing pin behind a slanted mag. It would be nearly impossable regardless of where the magazine is. Although I know how I can make a working Battle rifle Airsoft gun finally. Other then that, this project is turning for the worst.

Ok, I have a small update.

I made some changes to the blueprints of the internals of the Battle Rifle. Its a little differant, and I bassed the changes more on the MG-42, and the M1 Garand then anything else. Its also more practical, and will look cooler when finished.

08-13-2009105548AM.jpg

Close up of the new short-Stroke Gas Piston system Desing:

08-13-2009105703AM.jpg

I will be starting production of the whole internal desing today. Wish me luck.

Cheers!

Hey everybody,

I have finally managed to get to the part where im ready to start creating the internal pieces of the Battle Rifle. The only problem is, I can't seem to figure something out.

Im using the M4A1 Carbine as the basic idea for the joint at the front of the Battle Rifle that join the upper and lower reciever. It also makes it possible to pop open and yet stay in one piece. I will have 2 other pins along the Battle Rifles body to hold the upper and lower reciever togeather, while that joint piece acts as both a pin, and a joint.

My question is, on the M4 carbine, at a certin point while opening the weapon, does the upper reciever catch on something to keep it up? Or does it not have anything there stopping it from slamming back down on your fingers.

Thanks everybody. I will be updating tomorrow.

Cheers!

Nope, you don't. I have personally field stripped one (well, a C8, but its almost the same as an M4) and all you have to do is make sure your weapon is empty, remove a pin, and snap it open. Simple as that.

Accidentally deleted the post explaining everything about the Battle Rifle, so I’ll re-post it.

This took a good 2 weeks of solid research, but I have finally designed the whole upper receiver to be as real-world accurate as possible. Now, I based most of the internals of the Battle Rifle on the SA-80:

SA80.jpg

And the FAMAS:

FAMAS.jpg

Here’s the diagram of the whole upper receiver I drew:

08-13-2009105548AM.jpg

Close-up of the short-stroke gas piston system:

08-13-2009105703AM.jpg

NOTE: DO NOT use without written permission!

The first point I came up with was that it would be impossible to have a 3 round burst fire in about 1 second without the recoil of the rifle being 2x that of a .50 caliber machine gun, and the rifle shaking to pieces.

The second point I came up with was the stick under the barrel of the battle rifle is part of a short-stroke gas piston. Here’s a diagram of what a short-stroke gas piston is. Now remember, this diagram is a M4 Carbine, not a Battle Rifle. The Battle rifle's short-stroke gas piston is under the barrel, not above the barrel like the M4 Carbine.

short-strokegaspiston.gif

Here’s a basic diagram of what I will be explaining in this next paragraph:

Gas-operatedfirearm1.png

Now, the short-stroke gas piston system actually creates most of the recoil of the rifle. The recoil of the rifle is part of the reason why another round can be chambered and fired. What happens is when you slam a new magazine into position and pull back the charging handle a little device called a transfer lever is pushed back along with the charging handle. When the charging handle is pulled as far back as possible, the transfer lever attaches to the firing pin housing. As the charging handle slams back into place the transfer lever, dragging the firing pin housing pushes a shell into the correct firing position. This position is located just under the charging handle. Now, when you squeeze the trigger the firing pin inside the firing pin housing is thrown forward and ignited the primer of the shell. This lights the powder inside the shell, and with enough pressure sends the bullet through the barrel, and at your target. As the bullet exits the barrel the short-stroke gas piston vents any harmful gasses away from the gunman. This, along with the bullet creates the recoil that throws the charging handle back, ejects the spent cartridge, and re-starts the cycle.

Now that I have figured this out, I just have to make it work.

Wish me luck.

Cheers!

I'm still in awe that you were able to build something so totally kewl out of simple cardboard. Once it's bondo'd and smoothed over, that'll make one helluva nice piece for your own collection. Great job, buddy ;)

if the piston creates the recoil, what prevents the gun's firing pin from from coming forword(spell?) with the breech and keeping another round from firing after the cycle is complete?

When the trigger is squeezed(SQUEEZED, you never "pull" a trigger)it moves something out of the way, or activates something to push the firing pin forward. I don't really know, im not a weapons tec guy.

how do you even find out how to make that o.o i mean iv seen pep files but that just looks like "how the hell are you supposed to make that"

All I can say is... aren't automatic weapons awesome? I think they're even cooler once you know how they work. I'm really impressed that you're talking the time to build all the internal systems in there. Very cool!

from the halo 2 spartan models that come with a BR i can say that the magazine in the halo 2 battle rifles is pretty much a square. i dont know about halo 3 though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back