Yay for new TV's!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeonyx

Halo 3 looks AMAZING on my new tv that I got yesterday!! I got a 50 inch Samsung series 6 DLP HDTV!!! Finally 1080p, my old tv was a 52 inch pro-jo with 720p. It looks freaking sweet!!!! Just had to share!

This is a pic of the tv I got.

tv.jpg

Nice, I have a 37" 720p LCD HDTV Pillips Ambilight. I'd love to go bigger, but after 42", or something, LCD skyrocket in price.

I love playing all my games on it. The only setback is I can't really play on my friends tiny SDTVs anymore. Something about the glass, so if I wanted bigger I'd have to go plasma, and I've heard to many bad things about plasma HDTVs.

How much did that TV set you back, or was it a steal?

23Magnum said:
Nice, I have a 37" 720p LCD HDTV Pillips Ambilight. I'd love to go bigger, but after 42", or something, LCD skyrocket in price.

I love playing all my games on it. The only setback is I can't really play on my friends tiny SDTVs anymore. Something about the glass, so if I wanted bigger I'd have to go plasma, and I've heard to many bad things about plasma HDTVs.

Yeah we bought our television, a 42" Plasma Phillips Ambilight like 3.5 years ago now and that was when flat screens were still really expensive. We've honestly never had any problems with our plasma. There's nothing wrong with them versus LCD. The one downside to plasma's was burn-in factor, and that's pretty much been resolved. We've left images on the screen for a while, no burn-in whatsoever. Since we bought ours back when they were insanely overpriced (cause I had to have one) it was like $3000 + the extended warranty ($500) = $3500. But it's paid off now. Did two years no interest and had it paid off before the interest kicked on. I definitely recommend plasma, but do your research on the manufacturer. I can only speak for our Phillips television, and btw Ambilight rocks!

Last edited by a moderator:
AoBfrost said:
I thought the ratios were 480p 720p and 1080p, not 780?
Sorry, I meant 720, lol, it is still early, I had a brain fart.

23Magnum said:
It was on sale for $1449.00, but with warranty, I paid about $1700

NOICE!! i gots my self a 32"hd screen there a while ago... but they mixed it up and gave me a 42" instead for the same price XD snping is soooo much easier in hd!

Actually, many TV's come with 1-2 year warranty if you read the manual. Store warranty's are always over priced and useless. Everytime I go to best buy to buy a game or something, they ask me if I want to place a warranty on it, never once has something I bought from them exploded or not worked properly. My stuff works, because I treat it good and take care of it. I can understand if something is already dead on arrival, but that's what the return desk is for.

AoBfrost said:
Actually, many TV's come with 1-2 year warranty if you read the manual. Store warranty's are always over priced and useless. Everytime I go to best buy to buy a game or something, they ask me if I want to place a warranty on it, never once has something I bought from them exploded or not worked properly. My stuff works, because I treat it good and take care of it. I can understand if something is already dead on arrival, but that's what the return desk is for.
I know they come with a warranty, but I do like the convenience of the repair guys coming to my house to repair it, and if they can't fix it, they bring me a new one the next day instead of going thru the hassle with the manufacturer. I have had to go thru the manufacturer before with stuff, and it just takes way too long.

Damn... that's one helluva nice TV there, girl! I can only imagine what the picture is like on that thing for playing HALO 3, heh. 52" just wasn't big enough for ya, huh? :p lol

AoBfrost said:

Frost I will agree with you on almost every statement except for one event that happened this weekend. Backstory here is my fiance bought me my 360 back in 2006 for Christmas with a 2 year Best Buy warranty. Well this weekend my 360 bit the dust...didn't RROD me, but the disc tray wouldn't stay closed and all it would do is scrape and spin the discs. Well I figured I'd have to take it back to best buy and they'd send it to Microsoft for repair. Well, we went up there, and they replaced my broken one with a brand new one. Now I have the HDMI 360 versus my old component video only 360. So some store bought warranty's are a good idea. Otherwise I'd have no 360 now because it would be in the mail to microsoft.

In addition, our tv warranty also has a stipulation to where if the tv breaks, Circuit City brings a similar model out to us while our tv is getting repaired. That in itself is a good deal considering if your tv's broken it could be gone for a month or more.

I guess on certain items a warranty is smart, but most small electronic devices like mp3 players, cameras, etc, they dont need one, they work fine 99% of the time.

I got my TV from Circuit City, but no warrenty. I paid approx. $1400 after adding the HDMI cord and tax stuff, but I also had two years no interest. I just paid it off this past February and I got it last year in January.

The burn in factor was one of the reasons I got an LCD instead of a Plasma, but also I had read that Plasma's burn out quicker than LCDs. Either way, I'm happy with my TV. It should last me quite a while. HD Gaming and Cable TV is beyond compare to my old TV experiences.

...and btw Ambilight rocks!
Agreed!

i have a 42' flat screen plasma and i have just played costume games since no internet. but once i do get internet it will be awsome!!!

I have a 27" CRT TV that was made in the stone age, flickers constantly, and hums like a power station (and it wieghs a ton). I also have no surround sound. YOU GUYS ARE LUCKY :p.

Robogenisis said:
I have a 27" CRT TV that was made in the stone age, flickers constantly, and hums like a power station (and it wieghs a ton). I also have no surround sound. YOU GUYS ARE LUCKY :p.

hahaha dude me 2! only its a 37"

gotta love the non hd tvs

It's K, I have a 15 inch 720p LCD PC monitor as my gaming television. And I use 5.1 PC speakers for sound.

Ok, Frosts is small, but it's semi-HD, and I bet it doesn't hum louder than your 5.1 PC speakers go. At least you have something better than one or two speakers in the TV.

My brother has a projector. It's not HD, but it still looks great. He can only have it at 86 inches in his room. He has a cheap but effective surround sound system, and one of the X-Rocker chair things, and a 10' projector screen.

My speakers dont hum at all, they work fine and sound great, I have a sub woofer too, so grenades and gunshots on cod4 sound super real.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back