Yet Another Recaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

rube

I've been forwarded some photos of my ODST helmet that are being offered for sale elsewhere. The recaster modified some details in an attempt to hide the origin. It seems that hitting the original with a blow torch was one of the techniques they employed. Man, if I sucked that hard at mold making I'd have to go out back and eat a bullet to relieve the pain of being me!

At first I didn't think it was my helmet since it is badly distorted but I can see some of the mistakes I made are there. Here's the pics. Judge for yourselves.

OdstHelmets034.jpg

OdstHelmets033.jpg

OdstHelmets037.jpg

OdstHelmets034.jpg

OdstHelmets031.jpg

OdstHelmets030.jpg

OdstHelmets034.jpg

Please don't band wagon folks. Unless you have information to contribute, opinions don't matter much. All non-essentials posts will be removed. Consider this a concerned artist protecting his investment, not a chance to openly attack folks.

@Rube, if you find out any good information, feel free to share it. Sorry it has happen to yet another person.

Spase said:
Please don't band wagon folks. Unless you have information to contribute, opinions don't matter much. All non-essentials posts will be removed. Consider this a concerned artist protecting his investment, not a chance to openly attack folks.

@Rube, if you find out any good information, feel free to share it. Sorry it has happen to yet another person.

Here's some good information! It's Darkesword2020 again. How about banning some of these recasting punks?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've opened this back up, Fitz has had ample time to provide any evidence that this is in fact his work, which he has not done.

This is how to destroy the hobby for talented people.

Its sticky until this guy decides to show his face again, no doubt with posts of a bondo clump he's desperately tried to make resemble the incredibly shoddy cast he was parading for sale.

Hey Rube. I'm really sorry to hear about another recasting of your work.

Here are some images from Fitz's ODST photo album on Facebook, if this helps any. (moved to my Photobucket, JIC.)

This looks like one of yours.

In process of molding. You can see the paint underneathe, so it's the same helmet in the picture before.

Here was the ODST helmet he was working on, with plenty of photographic evidence. But unless he's a whiz, there is no way he got it looking as good as what ended up showing up on the internets.

:{ Ho hum..

Thanks for that image, can you tell me what date it was uploaded to his photobucket?

It's on his Facebook, but that's my Photobucket, as I've noticed with my art theft situations, they try to remove evidence.

But I digress, the image with him wearing the helmet at the ODST-tour was dated September 18, the image of the mold September 20. The image of the work in progress is dated July 24th.

It's on his Facebook, but that's my Photobucket, as I've noticed with my art theft situations, they try to remove evidence.

But I digress, the image with him wearing the helmet at the ODST-tour was dated September 18, the image of the mold September 20. The image of the work in progress is dated July 24th.

Thanks for that.

everyone else please keep posts on topic, post information only, not opinions.

This feels like deja-vu all over again. Didn't I bust out the camera physics on this guy before? Okay let me get this straight .. please correct me if I have anything wrong before I go all CSI again...

This Offworld Armory is owned by Darkesword2020 as seen here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fairfax-VA/Offworld-Armory/133125360785 and their Twitter account here: http://twitter.com/OffworldArmory

The claim is that Offworld Armory has taken Rube's helmet and recasted it and is claiming this: http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a178/oneeyedtom/IMG_2781.jpg as the WIP?

As a little memory refresher, this image has come up before: http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=20249&st=0&p=321595&#entry321595 in which I showed those WIP pictures are from September 3, of 2008 as seen here http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b27/Kensai111/odst-drakes.jpg and he has already claimed it to be this ODST: http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e90/ScaryMonkey75/LinkFitz.jpg which is marked by their last post of any ODST work found here: http://twitter.com/OffworldArmory/status/3149234709

If we get to a point where Darkesword2020 will provide WIP photos of the helmet and Rube can provide me links to the original photos he ahs in his first post I can digitally verify the date on both photographs and leave it up to the moderators and the public to make their mind up. As for the above posted picture being claimed as this new helmet... not a chance. He's already claimed that helmet in Link's thread with above evidence.

Cheers,

Kensai

First up, that embedded photo data thing was awesome, second the misunderstanding is only that it was links helmet that was recast. Rube has identified his tells on the close ups of the raw cast. This is a closed case. The only thing that remains to be seen is where Fitz got the helmet and if his recast is 1st or 2nd generation.

I took some pics today for comparison.

My Rube helmet is probably my favorite piece in my collection, so I think it's a damn shame he left over this. I wanted to take and post pictures so there's no doubt of his claim.

Some parts were altered such as the chin, scribing on the chin, underside of the brim, and width of the 'cheek straps', but other than that there are so many identical tells there's no way it's not Rube's helmet.

If anyone has any problem with these pics being up for any reason let me know and I'll take them down, but I think these pictures are pretty definitive proof.

OdstHelmets034.jpg

ODSTHelmComp01A.jpg

OdstHelmets033.jpg

ODSTHelmComp02A.jpg

OdstHelmets037.jpg

ODSTHelmComp03A.jpg

OdstHelmets031.jpg

ODSTHelmComp04A.jpg

OdstHelmets030.jpg

ODSTHelmComp05A.jpg

Thanks so much for taking those images. They are as you say definitive proof, anyone who knows anything about sculpture can see what's going on. This is a closed case.

I hope you don't mind, I've linked to some of your images on a TDH thread.

Like I just posted on TDH This is why you should support original artists. Sure you might save yourself $100 but as a costumer really ask yourself is it worth it in the end for the difference in quality and knowing that every time you support a recast, another artist has just had his passion stomped on? This is why artists leave communities, stop offering casts of sculpts and it just makes it harder for honest people to acquire parts they need to build their dream costume or collection. Do the maths, it just doesn't add up to a $100 saving.

NZ-TK said:
Thanks so much for taking those images. They are as you say definitive proof, anyone who knows anything about sculpture can see what's going on. This is a closed case.

I hope you don't mind, I've linked to some of your images on a TDH thread.

No problemo sir, I don't mind at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Darkesword2020 has been banned from the 405th for recasting Rube's ODST Helmet. This thread remains open only for new information or for Rube, not for flame wars please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back