Yet another scaling question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeelock

Hey y'all, I'm using Pepakura files, and it seems the pieces are all designed to fit inside the pages. However, when properly scaled, some pieces may be split over two pages. I was just wondering how to splice them as seamlessly as possible. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Since this is your first post, welcome to the 405th. Please take some some to read through the stickies and watch Adam's introductory video.

You will also find the answer to your quesion in the forums. The short answer is: You can either just print really large pieces over multiple pages and then glue them together, or you can use the divide/connect-function to split a piece into multiple smaller ones that can be aranged individually.

Edit: I just misread your "splice" for a "split", sorry for that. Reading it right would change my answer a little... :)
Pieces that are split over multiple pages can be glued together with exactly the same precision as pieces with flaps. The downside is that you may have to fold "through" the glue, which might be more difficult than a normal fold, especially when the page border crosses straight through the middle of a really complex piece. I would try to avoid multi-page-pieces completely when possible, especially when you use really heavy paper.

if its a piece that still fits on one page, but crosses page borders after its rescaled simply drag it back into a page until it fits. If its a piece that requires a couple pages such as larger support struts then just add text inside that piece and line it up after you cut the 2 pieces. I always do a print preview before I print off anything just to make sure it all fits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back