Your Other Costumes

Status
Not open for further replies.

rowan

Many of us out there dabble in many other forms of costumes, props and cosplay, so now its time to show them off!
Thanks to Drakku for suggesting a thread for other peoples costumes.
And yes there was a thread quite some time back for other costumes, but its long since gone, this is the new and improved thread for the new and improved 405th!

One rule of this thread:
NOT halo stuff! That's what the rest of the forum is for. This is for any other costumes or props you have worked on/are working on/have seen and though were cool.

One Halloween I went as Sam Fisher (Splinter Cell), and last year I was Thomas Bangalter (Daft Punk).

:D Copied/pasted from my topic just to streamline things.

I did theatre six years straight as soon as I could during school, and dabble about in home movies with my friends still. I absolutely love costuming, and am even considering changing my major if my university does away with my current one, as it is threatening to do. While pepakura is still very new to me, as with all the processes that come with it, if you guys ever need any help with anything other than that, I'm sure I could help out!

So anyhow, without further ado and first up, my infamous Tetris costume.

l_39877475d3c4eeb27cf0e49171abca2f.jpg

And the finished products, as my friend also constructed one.
We were a HUGE hit. We wore these for Video Games Live in Dallas in June, 2007, and we won! We're planning on running around in them again when VGL hits Ft. Worth in July.

Next, and this is for you uber Star Wars nerds, Platt O'Keefe. She's a character that only appeared in the novels and, I think, a couple comics. For those that don't know, she's the equivalent of Han Solo. In fact, she's even a higher rank than he is, hence the red stripes on her pants.
Here's a pic of me posed as she is.
DrakkuPlatt.jpg
DSC01768.jpg

Aside from not having the armor on the shoulders, and the hair not really being poofy enough, shazam. The pic I was referencing was actually inaccurate, her pants are indeed black with red stripes, and her gloves are red. The pic on the right is me actually booth babe-ing, we were for a miniatures booth, hence my black stand. Haha!

2365_1086167841984_1460050214_32030.jpg

Here's me and my friend again, she as Aayla Secura, the blue Twi'lek as seen in the movies. The tentacles actually blended in a lot better, trust me. Bad pic.

And last, but definitely not least, is the cosplay of my Gaia avatar, next to the real thing.
DSC01758.jpg
363c715743436_flip.png

I was very popular with the Gaian crowds.
S1010009.jpg

:D Will post more later~

When I'm not a spartan, I'm either Freddy Krugger, or a Ghostbuster.
That's all I got.

And here we go...
Costumes:
Resident Evil Umbrella Security Services
100_0445edit.jpg

Joker Henchmen (On the right, I know, kind of a cop out, just ditched the gas mask)
Jokerandgoons.jpg

Stormtrooper
3385224010_8d5cc4a742_b.jpg

Episode II Clone Trooper
BC25.jpg

Comic/Movie Hybrid Spider-Man
2006090372-1.jpg

100_2532.jpg

Silver Age Spider-man
DSCN1792edit.jpg

Robin
l_3eda01c714e4a65feb89d3133c916d57.jpg

Ravenclaw Quidditch Player:
DSCN1399-1.jpg

300 Spartan
l_ad2ec692df9b97a46d36801cf223f24b.jpg

And I have made several Prop Maps:
http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y236/Cade...ent=Picture.jpg
http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y236/Cade...oronminemap.jpg
http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y236/Cade...current=map.jpg
http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y236/Cade...=Picture001.jpg

Cadet, those're some awesome costumes. :D

You can freaking bend into more awkward shapes than I can. Wtf!
But no offense, you don't really fill out the Spartan like you should. Haha.

C'mon, let's get s'more pics in here! These are fun to look at.
:)

Old Costumes, no longer owned by me:

Indiana Jones - Not pictured

Sandtrooper:
l_55f6c81b58ffed65bb23fa211248a8a0.jpg

Master Chief:
n780223199_323206_5744jpg.jpg

Clone Commander:
CCMW-1.gif

IMG_8811.jpg

IMG_8931.jpg

n780223199_285755_5834jpg.jpg

Currently Owned costumes:
Secret Apprentice:
Burned.jpg

n780223199_1537760_3463jpg.jpg

2851_85945453199_780223199_2498320_.jpg

Stormtrooper

n780223199_2186074_1097991-1jpg.jpg

Jango Fett:
jango076.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My pride and joys, my joker's goons masks. Two other friends and I waked around school in these, and my bud had full Joker make-up on underneath, so when the teachers asked him to take off the mask, they got a shock. Very funny.

Glorious Pictures!

0312092215.jpg

03120922131.jpg

Keegan, I lurv your PacMan Costume!

@Cadet: I'm jealous of your flexibility!

@darkesword2020: Hahaha awesome dancing clone commander picture(My first ROTS action figure was that clone commander!))! Any chance you'll do a Revan?

@keegan: I think you guys were the inspiration for a pacman themed play at our school. The people in the play made costumes exactly like that! And I am pretty sure they are based off of yours!

@Achille: My favorite one is the middle one! I like how you can see the "human" lips under the "make up". You guys get to wear masks at your school? That's so awesome!

Here's one of mine.

BySOjian3.jpg

I'm Ike.

The only other costumes I got are crossplays, but I'm not gonna post them for the sake of your eyes.

I've done tons of cosplay, sadly, I don't have pics of any of them except the most recent on my new lappy. Ive done...

Shiva (FF7)
Yuna (FFX2)
Payne (FFX2)
Fran (FF12)
Padme (Star Wars)
Taki (Soul Calibur)
Sophitia (Soul Calibur)
Princess Zelda (Zelda: Twilight Princess)
Faye Valentine (Cowboy Bebop)
Major Kusanagi (Ghost in the Shell)
Rei Ayanami (Neon Genesis)
Lulu (FF10)
Nurse (Silent Hill)
And most recently Faith Connor from Mirrors Edge....
acen09025-1.jpg

acen09022-1.jpg

Man Haruhi said:
Cadet: I'm jealous of your flexibility!

darkesword2020: Hahaha awesome dancing clone commander picture(My first ROTS action figure was that clone commander!))! Any chance you'll do a Revan?

Keegan: I think you guys were the inspiration for a pacman themed play at our school. The people in the play made costumes exactly like that! And I am pretty sure they are based off of yours!

Achille: My favorite one is the middle one! I like how you can see the "human" lips under the "make up". You guys get to wear masks at your school? That's so awesome!

Here's one of mine.

BySOjian3.jpg

I'm Ike.

The only other costumes I got are crossplays, but I'm not gonna post them for the sake of your eyes.
Meta knight = epic win. Weres Kirby?!

Aeonyx said:
I've done tons of cosplay, sadly, I don't have pics of any of them except the most recent on my new lappy. Ive done...

Shiva (FF7)
Yuna (FFX2)
Payne (FFX2)
Fran (FF12)
Padme (Star Wars)
Taki (Soul Calibur)
Sophitia (Soul Calibur)
Princess Zelda (Zelda: Twilight Princess)
Faye Valentine (Cowboy Bebop)
Major Kusanagi (Ghost in the Shell)
Rei Ayanami (Neon Genesis)
Lulu (FF10)
Nurse (Silent Hill)
And most recently Faith Connor from Mirrors Edge....
Wow! thats quite a list there Aeonyx! Faye Valentine FTW!! And great Faith!

Most of you probably saw mine on my own cosplay thread, but I'm putting them here too XD
Maes hughes from Fullmetal alchemist, my first cosplay aside from my armour:
Hughes_and_John_by_p0rtalman.jpg

isn__t_she_adorable_by_p0rtalman2.jpg

Spike Spiegel:
DSC_0613.jpg

th_DSC_0639.jpg
And currently working on:
Desert punk- th_Dpunk.jpg
Vincent Alzey from Last exile- th_LastExile-038.jpg
Aoshi shinomori from Rurouni kenshin- th_aoshi_shinomori_wallpaper-390800.jpg

As far as costumes I have pics of, I've done Mark 0.25 Iron Man.
n653307658_1147173_3451.jpg

Future Hiro Nakamura from Heroes. It's not visible in this pic, but I even got the DNA symbol on my sword grip.
n653307658_266539_2471.jpg

Gordon Freeman and my wife as Alyx Vance from Half Life 2
287198060_987da57851.jpg

EDIT: Oh yeah, this was at some random Halloween party. I have no idea why the host had a stripper pole, but it ended up being the stage to showcase entries for best costume that night.

Poster Goosebot and myself had an army of Ghostbusters at Dragoncon last year.
Goosebot, was the leader and costume czar for our group of 8.

I'm the guy on the right side, Goosebot is the male on the left side.... we also had 3 more GB's not in the photos
1.jpg

Once again, in the back...
2.jpg

And, just because I thought this was a funny picture now:
Goosebot lusting over someone on the 405th's AR and helmet.
3.jpg

D-con isn't too far away now....
:lol: :lol: :lol:

(Pardon the blurring, but the internets are full of creepers..)

My gf and I as teletubbies
[attachment=9526:teletubby.jpg]

While most people wear bed sheets to toga parties, we went all out.. the togas are 6 meters of fabric a piece, and the tunics have pockets built in for cash and ID for when we go out
[attachment=9527:togacostume.jpg]

I went to what was possibly the lamest pirate party ever.. my friend looks more like Michael Flatley from the Lord of the Dance..
It needs some improvements, the peg leg is a plunger, and my leg is suspended in a my "booty" sack to try to disguise it.
Let me tell you.. pirate shirts are a freaking pain to sew.
[attachment=9528:pirate_l...thedance.jpg]

and, la piece de résistance..

Lego man and 2x2 piece
[attachment=9529:legocostumes.jpg]

It was a little awkward to actually do at the party, but we made sure everything to measured, and scaled up directly.. so much that my head fit into her back.
I'll go ahead and rate this image PG-13. lol
[attachment=9530:legocostume2.jpg]

Nice costumes so far, everyone. :)

I don't have any yet. Dragon*con '08 was my first ever convention so yeah. :D;

Well wait...I take that back. No pics but I've made the following costumes with the help of parents in emematary school.

Hershey bar
Rubix Cube

The hershey bar was from a pattern and for a rubix cube you just need a sturdy cardboard box, some colored paper and some rubber cement...oh an black spray paint...

Of course I'm working on my armor starting soon (read: sometime next week) as well as a non-halo 'secret project' (he wants it to be a surprise), for the brother. So yeah, I've got a scratch build to go with my pep and two months to do both. woot.

I know theres a bunch of Army of Two-ers on here.

Sadly I have no good pics. But I'll include what I have.

P2260016.jpg
newly painted, much better than before.

1asdf.jpg

Lul does airsoft uniforms count?!

nam2.jpg

I'll have to get one in my normal/modern loadout. Heck I'll just say its from Modern Warfare 1/2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back