you're not the only one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doom said:
Well, if it makes you feel any better, a Moderator isn't always perfect either :p.

-Have A's in all classes but a C in Language Arts :/ .
-Girls don't seem to talk to me much but they do occasionaly which is pretty nice :).
-People tend to call me Emo for my hair(Wtf?), I'll have to get a picture for you guys before I get it cut(Har har :cautious: ).
-I live in the middle of a desert :eek:.

Otherwise life is good :p.

-Doom

There are deserts in Minnesota?

Last edited by a moderator:
rvb4life said:
hey... you should be glad that girls actually WANT to be around you......

i seem to be horrible at picking up girls......ugh...the pressure.

Yeah....Sorry to hear all of this....

you still are alive! thats all that matters.

still alive...

i am of course alive as a living being, but what does alive actually mean?

Rrrgh! Damn my life sucks compared to you guy's. Im happy with my grades in collage, i have way to many friends my life is PERFECT. I want somthing to happen to me, somthing interesting (not bad).

oh! and for the count "I feel ya bro's!" (is that an american thing?)

m19sssm said:
all i can say is that if she was so perfect, then you should go find her. do you know what shcool she went to?

yeah i know what school she went to but it's like half an hour away and what do you expect me to do with that information?

and wtf leadingspartan?

no offense, but you post a link to your little topic saying how shitty your life is and all of a sudden you have 4 pages of replies and saying how much better you're doing now and i dont have ****. you're not the only one with a shitty life on the verge of suicide. you say your life sucks so much; you say playin with some of the guys here online makes you feel better, while my 360 doesn't work, the box to send it to M$ in arrived a week after i called them, i didn't get to send it in yesterday because i slept for 16 hours straight (probly due to my depression) and i couldn't send it in today because it's a sunday, and i probly won't even get the damn thing back in time for christmas, so anything i get for it i won't even be able use until like a week after. xbox live used to calm me too, but i haven't had that luxury for weeks.

you say you recently broke up with your girlfriend; i haven't had a single girl show any interest in me whatsoever in the past 6 months. the girlfriend i did have 6 months ago just stopped calling me for no apparent reason (this is the second time). i was completely miserable for the 10 months i went hearing nothing about her after knowing her for only a few weeks (though it felt like i'd known her my entire life), and after a month of being able to see her again, having it all taken away from me all over again was too much from me. i would mostly just stay in my room and cry myself to sleep. after having the best you could possibly hope for, losing it all just like that tends to affect you a good bit (hell, i had girls 2 years older than me complimenting me on my "really deep voice" in 6th grade). and to top it all off, my crazy ex-girlfriend calls and gets a myspace and trys to hook up with me again! and just when i thought things couldn't get any worse....

i also have two very annoying siblings (three if you count the one in college) who, even in the comfort of my own room, are always coming in yelling and screaming and annoying the hell out of me while i'm trying to ensure i dont fail and have to go to summer school for the fourth year in a row.

and while all this is happening and everything just keeps getting worse and worse, the people i used to talk to about it i either can't talk to or they just don't care anymore. the people i'd talk to on aim and myspace have stopped contacting or responding to me, what friends i had at school just ignore me now, and we can't afford for me to keep going to my psychiatrist anymore.

and don't any of you give me any of that "oh, it's just a phase, you'll get over/past it," "just be patient, it'll all get better eventually," "just be thankful for what you have, look on the bright side, think about what makes you happy," NOTHING makes me happy anymore! what the hell do i have to be thankful for? so what if i'm still alive? what purpose do i serve? what do i have that makes life worth living? i'm not just bitching because i had a bad day or week, my life has been like this for the past 2 1/2 years now! i'm tired of hearing from every damn person i talk to to just wait for things to get better when my problems just keep piling higher and higher and things just keep getting worse and worse and everthing i had before is always being taken away from me, and all this is happening at the perfect time to have the worst possible effect on me.

now i want to kill myself and just end it all just as much if not more than you do, but that doesn't mean that i'm going to do it. and i'm not going to start cutting myself like i did when all this started, that's something i am past. but that doesn't mean i'm going to end up taking everything out on someone else. i swear, one of these days i'm going to end up snapping when that one person says the one thing that just sends me over the edge and i'm going to end up hurting them or worse.

you have no idea how much all this is f***ing me up, i was hospitalized the first week of christmas break in 7th grade. though i have matured and become much more stable since those days, that doesn't mean any of this is affecting me any less.

like i said before, don't give me any of that "just wait, it'll all get better" ******** because that's all have been hearing for the past 2 1/2 years and i dont believe it any more now than i did then or "stop bitching and grow some balls" because i did that at the age most kids hadnt even started screaming into their mics yet (i matured physically very quickly, not that that really has anything to do with any of this). this is the only place i have left to turn for support because fate and the rest of the world have apparently turned their back on me. if that's too much to ask then i'll just give up and go on living this lonely, miserable, hopeless existance.

Then do something about it! If you're tired of waiting, then it's time to step up to the plate and deal with your problems!
I'm sorry if I sounded harsh, but that's life! You can't just sit and wait in agony, waiting for the sweet happyness. Destiny doesn't choose your way of life, you do.

And you may rant at me all you want, but I'm only trying to help you.
~Viper~

S1l3nt V1p3r said:
Then do something about it! If you're tired of waiting, then it's time to step up to the plate and deal with your problems!
I'm sorry if I sounded harsh, but that's life! You can't just sit and wait in agony, waiting for the sweet happyness. Destiny doesn't choose your way of life, you do.

And you may rant at me all you want, but I'm only trying to help you.
~Viper~

what? you think i dont? i try talking to and getting to know new people and people with whom i've lost contact with, but nobody seems interested in returning the favor. there must just be some thing about me that makes people don't want to have anything to do with me. they always ignore or dismiss me every time i try to get something out, every time i try to start a conversation. i can't imagine why, when i post these on my myspace and my "friends" post comments on them they say how funny i am and how fun i can be to hang out with and whatnot, but they're just typing empty words, doing and saying nothing in the real world to back it up. and whenever i actually talk to someone who acknowledges my existence and we start to talk some, a week or two later it's like i don't even exist, and i don't know why. there must just be something about me, something me nor apparently anyone else can see, and i dont know of anything i can do about it.

now i know you're just trying to help and all, but dont say i dont try, because i do; it's just all in vain....

I know what you feel like. But it's all part of nature's course: To try and fail. And try different things.

But sometimes the best thing to do is nothing at all. Spend some time alone with yourself, to gather your thoughts.
And you know... You do have friends here on this board, right? ;)

At the risk of sounding insensitive...

Now we're comparing lists of what we're 'going through?' Seriously? On our costume armor forum?
It sounds an awful lot like you're competing with each other for pity. Who are you expecting to come and save you from your problems? We're not counselors... we're not equipped to deal with your problems for you.

Sack up, men. Life isn't something that happens to you. You are an active participant. Don't be a victim in your own life.

I'm all for giving advice, but this is ridiculous.

Sean Bradley said:
At the risk of sounding insensitive...

Now we're comparing lists of what we're 'going through?' Seriously? On our costume armor forum?
It sounds an awful lot like you're competing with each other for pity. Who are you expecting to come and save you from your problems? We're not counselors... we're not equipped to deal with your problems for you.

Sack up, men. Life isn't something that happens to you. You are an active participant. Don't be a victim in your own life.

I'm all for giving advice, but this is ridiculous.

Second'd

These are all normal American high school concerns. Few are good with the other gender at that age, only about 10% make good grades, and priority thoughts are typically how do I look, who likes me, what things do I have. Anyone who purports to be happy in high school has realized that few of the above matter.

This **** will last until you graduate and then you will realize how freaking stupid everyone around you was and wonder why you ever wanted them to be your friend in the first place. Sounds like you will enjoy college much better once you get to that point.

I'd recommend staying away from (the drama, deceptive picture fest that is) Myspace. If you want to keep a life journal, I'd suggest a real hard copy book to write in. Places like myspace will only give your ex an avenue to contact you.
---

As far as posts on people's personal issues... only each person knows what they are going through and the main goal should be cooperative not comparative.

Read about average people in Iraq, Chad, Ethiopia, or Vietnam if you really want to get some perspective on life troubles. People there aren't as concerned with a broken Xbox as they are with their infant mortality rate.

G'luck to ya.

Sean Bradley said:
Who are you expecting to come and save you from your problems?

masterchief?

I hate Myface those sites are stoppid dum. and i already know that most people in school are stupid i even like to make a hobby of pointing it out infront of everyone.

I just want to nip this whole thing in the bud while it's still possible. I fear that some previous threads may have opened the floodgates for more of these types of threads, and this isn't the place for it.

Granted this is the General Discussion forum, but these types of threads are a liability to the website... we're not authorized in any way to give advice to troubled or suicidal people. In fact we could all get into a heap o' trouble for allowing this to go on.

If you are in serious need of counseling you should talk to someone close to you like a parent, teacher, or guidance counselor, and if you are having suicidal thoughts, you need to seek immediate help. Call a hotline, or go directly to one of the afforementioned sources for help, or visit one of the wesites listed below.

Girls and Boys town National Hotline: http://www.girlsandboystown.org/hotline/index.asp

Listening Ear Crisis Hotline: http://www.thelisteningear.net/

National Suicide Hotline: http://suicidehotlines.com/

Hopeline National Suicide Prevention Center: http://www.hopeline.com/

Suicide Prevention Lifeline: http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/

Continued discussion of this nature will be locked. This isn't the place for it, and it could get us in alot of trouble. Contact a trained professional counselor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back