Zonbi's MGS4 FROG Trooper Progress thread *Pictures and Videos Included*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonbi

Jr Member
Hey! Excited to be able to work on a new project again. I started work on a FROG Haven Trooper from Metal Gear Solid 4 this past weekend. I'm making all the armor bits from scratch, using card stock paper as a base.

Here are some of my reference pictures:

edit6.jpg

edited1.jpg

edit5q.jpg

smaller3x.jpg

edit4if.jpg

I've started work on the helmet already. My scratch work is usually REALLY rough in the starting stages so I'm kind of self concious about it--but don't feel discouraged about giving me some constructive criticism or pointers so I can improve :p. Here's a video of my helmet progress so far:

And here are some photos, too:

img3379j.jpg

Here's my scratch paper work of the helmet. This is probably about 1/3 of the way through.

img3387a.jpg

My cat wanted to crawl inside of it. Bad kitty~

img3397p.jpg

Smoothcasted and slushed! I would have liked to put on more layers, but I ran out of Smoothcast. I'll have to wait to get more in. Haha.

img3398n.jpg

I scribbled notes all over the helmet to remind me about certain details--and also so that I won't forget to look at my ref pictures (I get a little carried away sometimes).

ANYWAY! Please comment and feel free to give me some pointers. That'd be a HUGE help for me. Thank you very much!

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks awesome, Zonbi!! I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE MORE! Too bad I've never played the game. My cat learned to not go near my peps after my first HD Mk6 chest a while back..

wow, youve done A LOT of stuff in your time. ever thought of doing a grunt costume?!?!?!!??!?!?!? that would be awesome!!!

Looks awesome, Zonbi!! I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE MORE! Too bad I've never played the game. My cat learned to not go near my peps after my first HD Mk6 chest a while back..

Haha. Thank you!

wow, youve done A LOT of stuff in your time. ever thought of doing a grunt costume?!?!?!!??!?!?!? that would be awesome!!!

Woah! The helmet looks a lot like a grunt's that's for sure. Maybe someday I'll give it a shot.

Did some more work over the weekend:

edit8f.jpg

This is the part of the helmet I need to pay more attention to when I'm editing the frontal-lobe area (???) of the helmet. This little area that sticks out, doesn't stick out as far as I originally thought when making the paper base. I'll need to edit this eventually--probably by extending the bridge of the nose up into the head and trimming off the front of the head and re-sculpting that area entirely to make the helmet look more proportional.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks so cool, what do you plan on doing for the soft armor??

Thanks! I'm ordering Lycra material and sewing a suit for it. I'll use soft padding inside the suit to make all the details. I'm planing on making those little "washer" looking details out of flex foam or another flexible material. I'll also be making the shins and shoes out of flex foam.

youre work always amazes me HOW DO YOU GET SUCH DETAIL!!!!! anywho, nice job cant wait to see it finished

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back