First Build: Dead Space 2 Engineer Suit

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think i'm going to unfold them all personally because i find the way i do it easier to pep. but let me know which one you want to give a shot at so i'll start off with another xD

i think i'm going to unfold them all personally because i find the way i do it easier to pep. but let me know which one you want to give a shot at so i'll start off with another xD

Yeah, same here, I guess everyone has their preference in pepakura :D . I was also thinking of making two different unfolds for two different materials. Most of the armor looks like it would be best in other forms other than pep as well like foam board or foam. What's your opinion?

-Seth

I spent some time fixing the boot last night and ended up doing the unfolding process as well. Was going to upload last night, but the site seemed to be down. Download is there if you want to check it out. I was inspecting the model and it seems the left and right boots' only difference is the little thing on the "toe". So instead of making two separate .pdos, I just made it symmetrical to fit both legs and kept it as one.

Yeah, same here, I guess everyone has their preference in pepakura :D . I was also thinking of making two different unfolds for two different materials. Most of the armor looks like it would be best in other forms other than pep as well like foam board or foam. What's your opinion?

-Seth

And you have a good point. I was thinking about some of the pieces that are just thick enough for cardboard, but still keep them in there as pepakura. is there a way to remove faces in Pepakura Designer so it may still stay unfolded, but again, we can remove faces so the piece can be used as tracing templates? I've never worked with foam board, nor have I ever seen any or know where to get it... So I figured I'd stick with the resin and bondo. Would also keep the suit hard. But I know some people like the foam so if polygon face removal is possible in Pepakura Designer, I can start making those files and organize them for when everything is ready.

Also, when I opened your forearm pdo, it was not unfolded. When I pressed unfold, it had a TON of little pieces around the 2D window. So I figured it wasn't finished =[

unfold_problem_by_statyk94-d5kgmo4.png

oh yay this sure speeds it all up :p

i have never worked with foam but i like pepping it. cause bondo will allow more detail and when you screw up you can just add some more <3

and thin pieces are easy to replace with cardboard!

Yeah the forearm was what I said needed a bit more work with the slicing :( Also I'm going to try unfolding it again to make it work for thicker materiel. I'll let you know what happens with it :D

-Seth

Well I was thinking of having a full pepakura set (as I would like. I think I want to keep mine fully bondo'd) and then after they are all complete, I'll go in, edit the models and I (or we, as I will put up links) will unfold the models for use with foam or carboard. then in the download list at the end, it will be the full pepakura set, or the pepakura + materials set. How does that sound? =]

I also added your right arm downloads Draakjuh, thanks!

Alright, makes sense. Now for splitting up the models? I'll take the torso if that's fine. When you get it done. ;D

Alright, makes sense. Now for splitting up the models? I'll take the torso if that's fine. When you get it done. ;D

Seth, for this time, I'm going to add Draakjuh's Left arm to the finished pep. His unfold saved more space and his forearm is finished. I hope you don't mind. I will also start cleaning up the torso set in a moment. (That rig is going to be a bitch to configure ;__;)

Seth, for this time, I'm going to add Draakjuh's Left arm to the finished pep. His unfold saved more space and his forearm is finished. I hope you don't mind. I will also start cleaning up the torso set in a moment. (That rig is going to be a bitch to configure ;__;)

No problem. I'm new to this and it doesn't bother me. Just let me know when I can help.

haha yeah the rig is going to be a tough one xD
you should see the DS2 security suit files, those are even harder...
btw if you want those let me know, they need a lot of work but you seem to know your way at 3d.

Actually I had a thought about the rigging. Fabricate a literal wire mesh/frame (shaped much like a rib cage) and attach the pepakura pieces to the fame. Just a thought.

Added the fixed torso to the OP. It was quite a pain but thank goodness for symmetrical modelling. =P I'll get right on the Rig... Oh lordy lordy.

The little chestpiece panel is not included because I already fixed and unfolded the thing because it seemed quite simple. I'll wait for your torso unfold and I will put them together.

And that wireframe torso base idea actually doesn't sound too bad. It might help when it comes to attaching the pieces to the jumpsuit.

i wonder if it's possible to make molds of the bottom row instead of making those little blocks piece by piece o.o they seem to be the same dimensions!

They are. And hey, it may be a good idea =P I think I'm going to take the lazy man's way out and just glue together every piece. I'm not super experienced in all this, so I don't know where to start when it comes to mold + casting.

Edit: I think I want to unfold the RIG myself, So I'm gonna call dibs on that before anyone else does!

Seth called the torso, but it looks good, and I guess the early bird gets the worm! =P Thanks for the help guys, really. You don't know how awesome it feels to see that the pepakura files are almost done for this <3 I couldn't even have imagined it, but it happened! When the Rig is fully unfolded, I will package all unfolds into one whole zip archive for an easy download. I will also package all the .objs in case anyone is interested in the original models themselves for whatever reason. =P Once they are out, I will start editing the models for material pepakura (less pages as all the faces will be flat. This is for people like Seth that want to use cardboard, foam, or whatever rather than use tons of pages for the suit) and once they are unfolded, which should be MUCH easier to do, Iwill package that. So in the end, there will be 3 different downloads and I will finally begin the project. Anyone else is of course free to do so as well =]

Thanks again guys!

i only miss the little round thigh strap/armor from his right leg!
but yeah, i can't wait to start this thing :D

I'm really looking foward to seeing how this all works out! There are meny looking for PEP fies for Deadspace.
I have never created files before but I have desided to learn so I can get on with creating. I feel like i'm always looking for files LOL

Hey Dax79! I thought I recognized your name! 2 years ago (maybe 3), I made my own Pyramid Head costume using your PH template idea from your youtube video! =D I had no idea you were here! What a coincidence. lol 2 years later, and I have to say thanks for the help in that whole ordeal! If you want to check it out, here's the gallery on my DeviantArt: http://statyk94.deviantart.com/gallery/35355706

I owe you some gratitude, I would've never thought of it. And I'm glad you're looking forward to seeing how this turns out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back