First Build: Dead Space 2 Engineer Suit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auh dang... I missed my chance :( , oh well, as long as it gets done it's all that matters.

-Seth

D: Sorry! If you want, since you would like to work the suit with materials rather than full pepakura, would you like to unfold the whole "material set" when the models are prepared? The models will have less face, but you get to unfold them ALLLLL. :O

i only miss the little round thigh strap/armor from his right leg!
but yeah, i can't wait to start this thing :D
I was going to configure it but they made multiple meshes on the model that were not connected. This seemed like more work to fix than it was worse as obviously, taking out the "flashlights" and what seems to be similar to 4 elastic bands, would leave a few strange faces leftover that would be hard to properly measure. For what it's worth, I think the thigh piece is better made by hand. =P

Sounds like something I could do. I don't know about me making a full suit as of yet, but I would appreciate it, sucks having a job and not having time to do 'fun' stuff. Whenever all of these files are ready, send me the obj files and I'll do my best for the non paper costumers.

-Seth

Updated the OP with a download of the FULL, UNFOLDED pepakura suit, join me Engineers! We shall curb-stomp necromorphs together! =D

I can finally get this thing started!
*Credit to Statyk and Draakjuh.

Great work both of you guys! Now I just need to finish all of my current projects to make this... :p Whenever I get the alternate materials unfold done I'll let you know ;D .

-Seth

Putting a motion in to change this thread title to: *Official Dead Space Pepakura File Thread*

-Seth

dead space is a great game when i read this thread the first thing i did was play the game again(this is a lie first i download the pdo´s, are great).well i could rip the models from the first game if could be a contribituion just let me know, cause i rip the model meanwhile i play.
thanks and this thread is great.

I'm doing the same, and no kidding. I finished the bulk of the head, but it seems like to get proper measurement fitting right, the bottom row of faces around the neck had to be discarded. Just a heads up. =P I only have to do the pieces that make the front "flat". I'm enjoying this though <3 The RIG seems like it's going to be fun...

And thanks Heusos, but Seth is taking care of the material set (a set of pepakura templates of the model used for materials such as foam board/cardboard. It's less faces, less paper) already, so if you're looking for that one, you may have to be a little patient! Glad this could help some others interested in the same build. =] NOT ENOUGH ENGINEERS AROUND HERE.

A update post of the helmet will hopefully be up by tomorrow. My nosy cat keeps getting in my way... >>

Put me on the spot huh? LOL , a lot of stuff is coming up, but I should be able to get something done very soon. Very soon ;) And I might try the helmet, and see if what everyone is having problems with.

-Seth

i'm having problems with the faceplate add-ons, some faces are disformed or something, do you have the same problem?

I think edges in the .obj are missing and Pepakura Designer, rather than draw a line from point A to Point B while remaining on the face, decided to take the shortest route and it created edges in space rather than on the appropriate face. So one side of the top faceplate is funky, yes. I just used it's opposite side to fix it up. The same thing happened on the RIG.

I just bought a 6 piece stack of EVA foam, so I think I'll be taking that route instead of pepping the whole thing. After consideration, I figured pepping whole objects was tedious and irritating as there are hundreds of tabs for a few small objects rather than a whole helmet with an equal amount of tabs. Something tells me this is more of a difficult build than a Spartan/ODST build. >> YAY FIRST TIME. I can't wait to start on an ODST suit after this one.

But yeah, I'm going to be cracking down a majority of the suit with foam. I hope the bugs in the edges don't become a hassle. Each piece's opposite is shaped correctly. I say just flip it over and trace out the correct edges on the funky one.

I once helped you.... You now helped me....
Thank you! I have your files and will be starting work Jan 2013! I will keep you updated!!!

BIG THANKS!

Also, do you know who or where is/ has the best cutter file? That would be all the files I need?

Glad I could return the favor! =D

And I was planning on building mine from reference and scratch. But if need be, I could 3D model it. The file I was given with the suit had Isaac holding the Line Gun (don't ask me for that. I deleted the file long ago =[ ), which is why he is standing like that. The only Plasma Cutter pepakura I found was about a year back and the model was very flat and high poly. It didn't look much like it. Other than that, there aren't really any Dead Space files out there. =\

So if you guys want, I could 3D model it the best I can and pep it. It'll take a little while though. But I'm sure the suit will keep you all busy, so it shouldn't be much of a burden, eh?

That was the cutter I was talking about =P IMO, it's high poly, but relatively unsimilar. I'm playing Dead Space 2 now to check out the suit (and shoot some Necros), and the pistol looks much beefier. I'll probably end up remodeling it, even though Dax may like the one you posted. I'm picky, and it's just not cutting it for me (no pun intended).

The little rods at the bottom look like they'd be a total pain to fold and mend together as well.. I might just leave those out and advise those who print it out to find another means of a rod, such as a dowel stick or even a pen shaft. Sturdier and easier to work with.

First progress shots!

Damn CAT...
dead_space_2_engineer_suit_build___4_by_statyk94-d5l3dt1.jpg

My favorite so far
dead_space_2_engineer_suit_build___1_by_statyk94-d5l3das.jpg

Thumbs up for the happiest I'VE EVER BEEN? YES.
dead_space_2_engineer_suit_build___2_by_statyk94-d5l3ddl.jpg

Too much Dead Space?.... NAAAAHHHH!! <3
dead_space_2_engineer_suit_build___3_by_statyk94-d5l3dgk.jpg

This is my first ever pepakura and foam build, and I must say... Foam is amazing. Time was cut into basically a quarter and hell.. It feels nicer to me. The helmet itself will still be resin'd and Bondo'd. FUN FACT: Dead Space 3 releases on my birthday. If I get this done before February 5th and there is a midnight release, you're damn right I'll be going to it in this suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back