rainbow dash's Mark VI Armor Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome work! I can see great things coming out of this project.

Like many are saying, your peps are way cleaner than mine. The knife trick doesn't really work for me, I just don't have the skill. I would explode twice if not for my ball point pens...

I hope your project turns out 20% cooler than the other hundred of the same kind.

I have noticed a lot of people suggesting that you use an exacto knife to score the paper before folding. What I feel that is failed to be mentioned is that if you flip the knife over and use the none cutting edge of the blade you will get great scores and very rarely actually cut it.

I always scored my lines with a knife rather than pressing down hard with a pen/pencil, but i found that I could save a lot of time just freehanding them. It stays within the dashed line most of the time, and almost never deviates more than a single line's thickness. As for valley folds, it doesn't get a very crisp edge once folded, unless you've scored very deeply, so what I do is make 5-10 stabs along the line, flip it over, and join the dots. Once you get the angle right from the first 2 marks, it's almost as accurate as freehanding the mountain folds.

If you're looking for clean pepping though, it's much more important to make sure they line up properly when gluing the tabs together.

I usually only do freehand when I have many small pieces with lots of folding lines. But if you're faster freehanding them and you're satisfied with the result, then please stay with it. ^^ As for valley folds I have to admit I am a bit lazy, I guess it would take to much time for me to make stabs, turn them over and join the dots. I can live with the not very crisp edges. ;)

Awesome work! I can see great things coming out of this project.

Like many are saying, your peps are way cleaner than mine. The knife trick doesn't really work for me, I just don't have the skill. I would explode twice if not for my ball point pens...

I hope your project turns out 20% cooler than the other hundred of the same kind.

Hmmm, but it really isn't that hard. What exactly doesn't work? Do you cut off the flaps?

I have noticed a lot of people suggesting that you use an exacto knife to score the paper before folding. What I feel that is failed to be mentioned is that if you flip the knife over and use the none cutting edge of the blade you will get great scores and very rarely actually cut it.
But I don't use the none cutting edge, I don't know if that will work fine, because the none cutting edge is none cutting ^^, so in fact it's really dull, to dull to score, you will rip of some paper i can imagine, you won't get very clean folds.

I dunno "Dashie", but when I tried scoring my paper with a knife it went through and hurt my table (which doesn't matter anyway).

Too much wing power?

I dunno "Dashie", but when I tried scoring my paper with a knife it went through and hurt my table (which doesn't matter anyway).

Too much wing power?

Way too much wing power! :D

After your done building your armor are ya gonna paint it after rainbow dash or any other pony? *COUGH* LUNA! *COUGH*

Haha, that would be funny, that would be the first spartan with a rainbow look. :D If I did so, I'd have to repaint it sooner or later. I don't think that will happen.

Just wanna show you guys the recon helmet i finished yesterday :)

recon1.jpg

recon2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back