vshore100's CQB build (pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks amazing Vshore! I always love seeing successful molding/castings of great helmets! There is one thing that sticks out to me though. It looks like you molded your helmet like pretty much everyone else does, create a single piece mold and support it with a two-piece mother mold. If that's the case, how did that seam on the back sneak in there?

Well, seam or not, it looks great! I've been watching this build from the beginning and you've always produced amazing results. I can't wait to see the entire build together.
Thanks carpathia, that really means a lot. Your build is an inspiration to me man...just saying. As far as the mold goes, he had to cut the back portion of the mold about a quarter of the way up in order to get the helmet out. That's why you see that little seam there. :D

Great job V! Casts looks great :)

Bummer about you having to stop again though :-(

Maybe now ill beat ya MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! lol

Great job V! Casts looks great :)

Bummer about you having to stop again though :-(

Maybe now ill beat ya MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! lol
NEVVVAARRRRR!!! Ok...maybe you will. I won't be down for too much longer though! :D

Wow Vshore---- I just want to say amazing mold work :)

I keep thinking about how you did this and its giving me a headache-so im getting off this thread =D
AMAZING JOB =D
Super AWESOME!!!!!

Helmet casts look gorgeous!!!

And I don't know how I missed your foam thigh/shin updates...but they look aaaaawesome! Can't wait for more! :)

Wow Vshore---- I just want to say amazing mold work :)

I keep thinking about how you did this and its giving me a headache-so im getting off this thread =D
AMAZING JOB =D
Super AWESOME!!!!!
Thanks for the comments Nogood but I didn't do the mold. My buddy Tony (blackula727) did it for me. I just did all the helmet work.;)
Helmet casts look gorgeous!!!

And I don't know how I missed your foam thigh/shin updates...but they look aaaaawesome! Can't wait for more! :)
Thanks for the comments I worked on detailing them this weekend but I don't have any pics as of yet. I'll try and do that soon. Thanks again! :D

Wow Rusty! The thighs and shins look great! YOu should be receiving a casting soon :) Anyways, keep up the great work buddy!

Tony

Wow Rusty! The thighs and shins look great! YOu should be receiving a casting soon :) Anyways, keep up the great work buddy!

Tony

Thank you my good man, I can't wait to see it!:)

Update for you guys and gals! I have the thigh and shin painted. I'm not sure if I'll have these lit up for Halo-ween or not. The cheapo dollar store lights I bought are kinda big and there's not much room inside so I think it'll have to wait until I buy actual led's. But any way...onto the pics!
2012-09-25_13-58-44_424.jpg

2012-09-25_13-58-32_72.jpg

2012-09-25_13-59-07_976.jpg

2012-09-25_13-59-43_813.jpg

2012-09-25_14-00-03_688.jpg

Sorry for the darkish photos, I'll try and do better. That's all for now. Trying to bust out this work in the shop so I can get back to building full steam ahead, instead of just a little bit here and there at home. Thanks for looking and keep building peeps! :D

*whistles* wow thats a nice lookin thigh. mind if i have it, kay thanks *walks away with it*..... lol Very good V

Nice job, they look seamless, yours look better than mine, now I have to start over lol
I had a good teacher, lol. ;) They aren't perfect by any means but they are pretty good for a first try. Thanks Steve! :D
*whistles* wow thats a nice lookin thigh. mind if i have it, kay thanks *walks away with it*..... lol Very good V
"Throws a box of cracker jacks at M's feet and trips him. Quickly retrieves stolen thigh!" Thanks M for the comment buddy. :D

Thanks to you too bigmac! Oh great, now I'm hungry, lol! :D

Man, that is the smoothest CQB Helmet I have ever seen. 0_o You sir are legendary! I hope I can make a helmet half as good as that some day.

I have no doubt you can do it phoenix. Remember, patience is key. You have to be willing to take your time if you want it done right. Best of luck to you in your future build. I look forward to seeing progress on it.

Good news, the mold is on it's way to me as we speak, and with work slowing down in the shop, I should be able to get back on the armor very soon. Not to mention I'm off work all next week. So after a couple of days doing stuff with the family, I'll be building there too. I've got a lot of work to do if I want to make it in time for Halo-ween!!!;D

"Throws a box of cracker jacks at M's feet and trips him. Quickly retrieves stolen thigh!" Thanks M for the comment buddy. :D

*falls!* heeeeey...... oooo cracker jacks! lol dibs on the prize thats inside!
no prob man, i love your build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back