vshore100's CQB build (pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
1282786204310.jpg

The best work I've seen so far! Makes me wanna redo everything back from the start :(
You really have talent.

Can't wait to see this baby cast. Almost as excited as when mine will be :)

Amazing work V!
Tom.

1282786204310.jpg

The best work I've seen so far! Makes me wanna redo everything back from the start :(
You really have talent.
I really appreciate that. I really worked hard on this. :)
Are you selling these props?

Can't wait to see this baby cast. Almost as excited as when mine will be :)

Amazing work V!
Tom.

Thanks Tom. I'm looking forward to casting available as of now. I have one (1) casting available to sell as of now. It needs to go in order to buy the materials to make more. So pm me if anyone is interested.

Oh and Tom...I can't wait to see your helmet molded either!!! :D

Well...I didn't make it for Halo-ween this year.:( But I really didn't want to rush anything and with work and home life they way it has been, I haven't had much time lately. Work has finally slowed down as of this week so I am able to continue on. I have been working on fiberglassing the cod and one boot. Here is a shot with the cloth spray glued into place awaiting resin. (which has been done along with the rondo)
2012-10-25_11-38-20_813.jpg

I also finished up pepping the other boot...finally.
2012-11-01_10-02-41_134.jpg

I am going to print out the templates for the other thigh and shin today and hopefully get started on them soon. Thanks for hanging in there guys and gals. I know it's been a long road. I'll get it finished one of these days! :D

Looks great. Though, when I saw the first picture, the only thing running through my mind was that your armor pieces need a shave. You're doing great, though!

Thanks for hanging in there guys and gals. I know it's been a long road. I'll get it finished one of these days!

Hey, I just realized that you started your built only a few months before mine. It's a pain how school/work/life can really slow progress down, isn't it?

It's all looking awesome! I see you used the two-part boots rather than the three-part boots. I'm curious how you're planning on attaching them to your footwear.

Oh, and I also just noticed that we use the same pink cutting mat!

Hey, I just realized that you started your built only a few months before mine. It's a pain how school/work/life can really slow progress down, isn't it?

It's all looking awesome! I see you used the two-part boots rather than the three-part boots. I'm curious how you're planning on attaching them to your footwear.

I actually built mine as the two piece boot as well and cut the front! I'm curious to see if you will do covers or whatnot.

Yes, it's a major pain! I would have liked to have been done a long time ago but...here I am. Pink cutting mat FTW!!! :D
I actually built mine as the two piece boot as well and cut the front! I'm curious to see if you will do covers or whatnot.
You two guys are an inspiration to me so I will be looking to your builds for guidance for sure. I had planned on using the foam for the sole but as far as attaching the shoe inside I was kinda lost on it. I like how you both attached the cap, with the clips. I may have to cut mine like that too. How has your's held up Mac since you finished them? Mainly the sole being glued to the foam? I also like your alternative to the plunger.I'll have to take the plunger I bought back and get some of that backing. I'll be so glad to get this build done!!! :D

Mine have held up really really well. I did replace the foam with a soling sheet though because the foam got torn up pretty quickly. I had one case where a buckle pulled out and all I had to do was glue it back in place (that was my own fault though). Other than that they have been the best thing ever.
The foam in the middle may eventually take a beating at some point. I've usually touched it up with some black acrylic paint.

The boots are probably my most favorite part about my suit.

Mine have held up really really well. I did replace the foam with a soling sheet though because the foam got torn up pretty quickly. I had one case where a buckle pulled out and all I had to do was glue it back in place (that was my own fault though). Other than that they have been the best thing ever.
The foam in the middle may eventually take a beating at some point. I've usually touched it up with some black acrylic paint.

The boots are probably my most favorite part about my suit.

Where did you get the soling sheet from?

Okay, so I have another small update for you guys and gals today.

I have built the other thigh, sealed it with silicone caulking, and put a coat of plasti-dip on. It's ready for paint.
2012-11-06_09-33-38_723.jpg

2012-11-06_11-19-04_755.jpg

2012-11-08_10-10-48_132.jpg

2012-11-26_10-50-36_100.jpg

Also, I finally got around to ordering my supplies for making more casts of my CQB helmet!!!
2012-11-26_10-54-06_431.jpg

Hopefully I can have another update in the near future. Thanks for stopping by! :D

Thighs look really nice man!
Good to see you got the foam thing down to a tee :)

Tom

I got it on ebay. I purchased the 3/8" thickness I believe. It's held up amazing well. With that thickness, it can be a little stiff so if you are aiming for some flexibility with that thickness, I put a slice in the sheet between the 2. (Toe and Heel)
If you need anymore information or helpful photos, let me know!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SoleTech-Cl...S_Unisex_Accessories&var=&hash=item25741e30f1

Thanks for the info Mac. And yes, photos and any more info you can think of would be great. I appreciate it! :D

YAY updates! man i feel ashamed, i have been off the forums for like a week and im missing so much lol.
Looking good V :-D

This project is shaping up very nicely!! Love the detail work you're putting into it....keep it up buddy. :)

-Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back