vshore100's CQB build (pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man Vshore, your not very nice. You make everybody's builds look terrible! Anyways, Great job!
I'm so sorry Phil. I totally missed your comment. I apologize for that. I really appreciate your kind words. It's pretty awesome that people think my work is great. There are so many other awesome builds going on, it's nice to know that I'm in that group.

As far as the armor goes, I still haven't been able to work it any more. I do hope to get to it soon, it's just not a priority right now. i haven't given up on it and it WILL get finished! Thanks again for the comments, they mean a lot! Oh...and nice signature! :D

As far as the armor goes, I still haven't been able to work it any more. I do hope to get to it soon, it's just not a priority right now. i haven't given up on it and it WILL get finished! Thanks again for the comments, they mean a lot! Oh...and nice signature! :D

I'd really like to see you pick it up again. I also have a lot of competing work, but make myself put in a couple of hours a week on my Splaser just to keep moving the ball down the field. I'd really like to see more because you do a much better job than most showing HOW you got results, not just posting results pics.

Redshirt

I'd really like to see you pick it up again. I also have a lot of competing work, but make myself put in a couple of hours a week on my Splaser just to keep moving the ball down the field. I'd really like to see more because you do a much better job than most showing HOW you got results, not just posting results pics.

Redshirt

That means so much coming from you Red. You have been an inspiration to me my friend. I like to show how I did something when I can. It helps us all learn. Who knows, it might spark and idea and some one else could take my methods and make them even better. It's about giving back, and I'm happy to do it. :D

Hello again 405th! I'm back with a little update on the CQB build. I now have the shins built! A good friend of mine was kind enough to laser the parts out or me. He also did the boots so I'll be working on them when I get a chance. Anyway, on to the pics!

IMG_20131209_115734_4971_zpsd2af910b.jpg

IMG_20131209_115816_0851_zpsb9bd9c6e.jpg

IMG_20131209_115853_0571_zpse1dec6ee.jpg

IMG_20131209_115924_6501_zps84de8380.jpg

Not sure if you guys remember this but a while back I mentioned that I had another knife in the works. I was able to get the handle and knife mated together and did a little filler work on it. It doesn't need much more filling then it'll be on to paint.

IMG_20131209_115948_9261_zps72d781af.jpg

Lastly, I was able to get my hands on one of Tactonyx's H3 SMG builds. It'll go nicely with the suit I think.
15efd533-be47-4e8a-9554-b8e429224a08_zpsc2305e02.jpg

5cwuu1.png

Well, that's it for now. I'll try and get another update going as soon as I can. As always, thanks for looking and any comments you guys and gals might have are always welcome. Until then, keep building 405th! :D

HOW DID I MISS THIS!!! Man i cant believe i missed such an update! Great work V, glad to see at least one of us is doing something lol.

Cant wait to see more pics from you buddy

HOW DID I MISS THIS!!! Man i cant believe i missed such an update! Great work V, glad to see at least one of us is doing something lol.

Cant wait to see more pics from you buddy

Hey thanks M! I haven't been able to do any more work just yet. With work, Christmas, etc, I've been busy. I'll get back to it in a couple of weeks I'd say. :D

Hey thanks M! I haven't been able to do any more work just yet. With work, Christmas, etc, I've been busy. I'll get back to it in a couple of weeks I'd say. :D

totally know the feeling man. Im actually trying to debate on what i want to build still. I am thinking about finally building one of the weapons i printed out last year lol. we shall see

totally know the feeling man. Im actually trying to debate on what i want to build still. I am thinking about finally building one of the weapons i printed out last year lol. we shall see
You should go for it man. It'll be totally worth the effort. :D

sorry for posting this here buddy. Dont mean to take up space on the thread, but your PM inbox or whatever is full and it wouldnt let me send you a message.

Ok so you know that ironman build you did and you used the Exacto saw blades, well i have been looking all over walmart out here in las vegas, nv and i cant find those awesome exacto saw blades. Maybe im looking in the wrong spot or something. Can you please tell me what department you found them in where you live? If i still cant find them after that ill try hobby lobby or internet lol

Thanks V!

ps. you can send me a pm response if its easier :) so we dont take up room on this thread.

sorry for posting this here buddy. Dont mean to take up space on the thread, but your PM inbox or whatever is full and it wouldnt let me send you a message.

Ok so you know that ironman build you did and you used the Exacto saw blades, well i have been looking all over walmart out here in las vegas, nv and i cant find those awesome exacto saw blades. Maybe im looking in the wrong spot or something. Can you please tell me what department you found them in where you live? If i still cant find them after that ill try hobby lobby or internet lol

Thanks V!

ps. you can send me a pm response if its easier :) so we dont take up room on this thread.

Sorry about that M. I just cleared out some room. I had no idea it was that full, lol. I'll post it here in case others need the info as well. I found the blades in Walmart's craft section where they have the exacto knifes, etc. I hope you can find them. They proved to be quite helpful. :D

Update!!!

I've had a little free time at the shop so it's back to working on the armor. I finished building the back half of both boots. Here are a few pics. Let me know what you think. Your comments mean a lot as always. :D

Here's a progress shot I took. The only one I took actually...
IMG_20140122_114018_4241_zps5be8ff41.jpg

Then on to the completed build...
IMG_20140122_150436_3931_zpsca643ce5.jpg

IMG_20140122_150401_7681_zpsd7b687b7.jpg

IMG_20140122_150511_2431_zps72cde9cd.jpg

Now it's on to the front halves. As always, thanks for stopping by. More to come soon hopefully! :D

Dem boots Dem everythings is amazing Vshore I've been a stalker in your forum ever since ya started and now i am posting

Dem boots Dem everythings is amazing Vshore I've been a stalker in your forum ever since ya started and now i am posting
Thanks hood for the comments. I appreciate you stopping by and taking a look!

Well, I've managed to get one toe section done.

IMG_20140123_162734_4501_zps83ff09db.jpg

IMG_20140123_162743_8311_zpsf56a05f2.jpg

IMG_20140123_162753_2041_zps73ec792c.jpg

I wanted to get an idea of how it would look so I had a buddy of mine at the shop to take a quick pic for me.
IMG_20140123_163515_1751_zps884a420b.jpg

It's coming together nicely I think. Still quite a bit to be done, but it's getting closer! I hope to have the other toe portion built tomorrow. :D

Update!

Both boots are finally built! Let me know what you think...
IMG_20140128_074620_6181_zps443149d2.jpg

IMG_20140128_074544_2321_zps42b8bf67.jpg

IMG_20140128_074522_2501_zpsb4a3b2d8.jpg

Next up is to find an old pair of shoes to fit them to and get them painted up! I'll also be painting the other thigh and shins too! Keep building and posting guys and gals. See you again soon! :D

Really interesting how you did that big section on the greaves- bending at that little area and gluing the rest, if you get what I mean. I wouldn't even think to do that but for constructing some of those weird convex/concave shapes, it makes so much more sense. Looking great btw.

The attention to detail you put into just crafting the foam is, I think, unmatched by very few on these forums. Keep up the amazing work, and keep it coming!

Wow, your pepping is perfect, your… everything is perfect! Keep up this bad-a$$ work, man! What did you use to keep the paper together? Super or hot glue? Any tips for a noobster? Loving this. Good luck with the rest!

Really interesting how you did that big section on the greaves- bending at that little area and gluing the rest, if you get what I mean. I wouldn't even think to do that but for constructing some of those weird convex/concave shapes, it makes so much more sense. Looking great btw.
To be honest, that's how the file was lasered so that's how I put it together. It did work out pretty good that way though. Thanks! :D

The attention to detail you put into just crafting the foam is, I think, unmatched by very few on these forums. Keep up the amazing work, and keep it coming!
Wow...Thanks so much for that great compliment! There are so many awesome builds here on the forum. I'm just glad to be apart of it.

These look great dude!!!
Thanks Sniper!
Wow, your pepping is perfect, your… everything is perfect! Keep up this bad-a$$ work, man! What did you use to keep the paper together? Super or hot glue? Any tips for a noobster? Loving this. Good luck with the rest!
Thanks very much Agent! I used a low temp hot glue gun to put all my pep stuff together. One tip I can give you is to be patient. Take your time when pepping. Keep pep designer open while pepping, use it as a reference while putting the model together. It'll help you alot. Feel free to message me or stop back by and post if you have any other questions. I'll be happy to help where I can! :D

I have another update!

I wanted to finish up mounting the knife so I made up a quick cardboard template and fabbed up a metal plate to glue to the back of the sheath.
IMG_20140129_124613_4101_zps53c429b4.jpg

Then, using two small magnets, I counter sunk them into the knife like so...
IMG_20140129_144939_4881_zps4ec75aa2.jpg

They fit together quite nicely and holds good too...
IMG_20140129_144947_7181_zpsa714457c.jpg

These are the magnets I used if anyone is interested in them. I bought them at Walmart in the craft section...
IMG_20140129_124545_8431_zps9d939997.jpg

Here's the sheath remounted on the CQB chest attachment. I like the look of the exposed blade.
IMG_20140129_152754_4481_zps51bf4ce9.jpg

It was then time to add the ribs to the handle. To do this I cut several narrow strips of thin foamies and starting from the outside edges of the handle, super gluing them on. Then I placed one in the middle, then the middle of those spaces, until it was all filled in evenly. (Hope that made sense, lol.)
IMG_20140129_161935_5031_zps05d9e697.jpg

IMG_20140129_163248_4641_zpsf5f58283.jpg

The foam on the handle in currently being sealed with Mod Podge spray sealer, then I'll look at painting it.

I also managed to get the other thigh painted and weathered...
IMG_20140129_164406_7381_zpsc4c3f39f.jpg

A big thanks goes out to my good friend JUSTINIAN117 for this next bit. He had a cod piece for his Mk. VI Master Chief build that wasn't quite the right size for him, so I was able to take it off his hands. He did an awesome job building it, and it's a great addition to the suit for sure. I started by respraying it flat white, then taped it off to do the flat black accent pieces.
IMG_20140129_100253_4521_zps84cdf57a.jpg

Followed by some light weathering with newspaper and dry brush silver.
IMG_20140129_144645_7301_zps1be6fbec.jpg

IMG_20140129_144704_8671_zpsde72ac63.jpg

IMG_20140129_144726_8501_zpsfa1b66d9.jpg

I think that's about it for now. I'll be working on more today and I hope to have another update out soon! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back