Xtremenoob's Mark VI build

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys out of some old RCA cables,Broken iphone, clay, and a computer HDD i made this it looks epic good for my movies
P1011494.jpg
HOW WOULD YOU DEFUSE IT?

Dip the whole thing in liquid nitrogen, then throw the whole thing in a lake lol. Your work is coming along fantastically and I love the attention to detail. Can not wait to see more!

Dip the whole thing in liquid nitrogen, then throw the whole thing in a lake lol. Your work is coming along fantastically and I love the attention to detail. Can not wait to see more!
organic pyrotechnics!!!!! >=D no seriously, it's lookin good dude!

Hey guys another update First i wired up a switch that looks like this
P1041496.jpg
this allowed me to have just the fan on or the fan and the LEDS
P1041500.jpg
Then an edge protector made out of heat shrink tube
P1041503.jpg
After i converted a Xbox batterypack and used it as a holder for my 9V battery
P1041505.jpg
is stays in and is easily removed to change batteries
P1041506.jpg
Added some padding
P1041504.jpg
i used a old 9V battery and pulled it apart and removed the top part cut it in half and used it as a clip
P1041507.jpg
So now the back is removable to change the battery when its empty ;-) If you want to buy this i will sell it for 145+ postage

hey guys its been a while i had to rebuild mt chest piece wall because it was completely destroyed last time i molded itSORRY FOR THE BAD PIC i had no grey spray paint and now no red
P1221502.jpg
i have no money and the money i make from my helmets have to be enough that i can make more and also continue on with this build (i dont even have enough for cups to cast more helmets). Ill be back when i am able to do anything but i have to wait until i sell some helmets. C U THEN

HEY GUYS i borrowed some money and i got some fiberglass resin and cups!!! AND i made a chest piece mold i am almost out of dragon skin and i might have enough to mold a shoulder piece or a hand plate. It is very thin but i was able to pull a cast from it yesterday but i ran out of plastic so the chest is very thin.
IMG_0059.jpg
gave it a sand and a basecoat of green
IMG_0060.jpg
You can see the cracks on the side. I can prevent this by getting more plastic
IMG_0061.jpg
OK GUYS- i will make another order of smoothcast and dragonsking in a month or so.

hey guys i did up these 2 helmets a week ago once they sell im selling my jtag xbox slim and borrowing a couple hundred of my parents to get the molding supplies to finish of this build im hoping to have it finished before halo 4 comes out. heres some pics
P2211518.jpg
P2211522.jpg

Hey guys it been a while, well my helmets arnt selling so i am putting a hold on things for a few months as we are being forced on the street if these no space for my halo stuff sadly i might have to throw it out. And my mum is suicidal so i have to put everything on hold for a while ill update when in a better position.

Hey guys I've tried selling 2 of my helmets and that's hit a road block so i have done up a helmet ready for selling but I was thinking having a raffle for it like 50cents gets you 1 ticket and I'll do a vid on who wins what do you think?

Happy mothers day,
Thank all the mothers that help us with these projects no matter how big or small they do care XD

MY VERSION 2.0 Building a mastercheif suit

hey guys i have moved house and sadly most of my stuff got destroyed .(The fibreglass jackets got squished as my family thought it was rubbish) So that was a waist of silicone. im starting to save up for a big order but in the meantime im working on a new build and it will be based off all the information i have taken in by other members in the elite and noob section. Iv been focus on losing weight to fit into one of these suits and i have reached my goal now so less time at the gym and more time building (not muscle but helmet). ;).

This is what has been happening over the past month or two. well did resin the helmet in hurricane conditions LOL, i used a heat gun and it cured fast.
CopyofPicture003.jpg
The very next day i did some rondo on the inside and out gave it a quicksand to see if there were any major warped spots witch there weren't.
Picture005.jpg
Picture004.jpg

i liked the way cerials helmet looked so i started building up the sides and i decided to go with a different way to add the detail under the visor but it is complicatedbit
Picture025.jpg
Picture026.jpg

I ended up destroying the nose piece because when i fit my visor i want it to fit perfecly so im using an idea i got off of thorssoli. (ill Explain Later in the build)
Picture027.jpg

I also had an idea from a stand Thor made so i cut and nailed a few stands like this only took me 10min to make
Picture049.jpg

Every body knows that planking is a sport
Picture050.png

But i suggest you dont do it
Picture051.png

After all the sanding dremal and more sanding some bondo and some sanding i can out with this
Picture046.jpg
Picture047.jpg
Picture048.jpg
Picture043.jpg

Once painted i then fixed most of the dents with spot putty (great stuff)
Picture045.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
update i couldnt fit

Then did basic the detail on both sides sides
Picture052.jpg

Visor Fitting

Visor fitting
Well this is how i made my visor fit my helmet almost perfectly
STEP 1
I got a visor (it is not the one im using for this helmet) and wrapped it in foil and shoved it in
Picture053.jpg

Step 2
i used plain body filler no resin or as they call it (rondo) to fill in the big gaps and i pushed it in and down the cracks
Picture054.jpg
Picture055.jpg

Step 3
Remove the visor on the inside and leave the foil it should still have its shape
Picture056.jpg
Picture057.jpg

THEN carefully peel off the foil i did it while it was curing as it is a little bit more flexable.
Picture058.jpg

HINTI USED WOOD TO JAM MY VISOR IN THE HELMET TOOK ME 15MIN AND 20 BITS OF WOOD TO GET THE RIGHT SIZES LOL
Picture059.jpg

Step 4
I then did it again but made some RONDO with resin and body filler not to thick but pourable and then added it to the inside of the helmet and it filled all the little tiny gaps left
Picture061.jpg
REMINDER TO PEOPLE THAT WILL ATTEMPT THIS COVER YOUR DETAIL BITS LIKE SO BECAUSE YOU DONT WANT IT LEAKING THROUGH THE VISOR AND REWIND YOU WORK
Picture062.jpg

Step 5
do the same as step 3 i like to cut the foil
Picture064.jpg

Then peeled it off
Picture065.jpg

On the inside it looked like this (you can fill in the overhanging gaps to make it stronger)
Picture066.jpg

Then after it has fully cured put the visor in and you get a snug fit
Picture067.jpg

Back and neck details

BACK (NECK) DETAILS
i wanted to go with a unique style at the back so people know i made it so to start off i sanded the back and made it smooth
Picture069.jpg

Our tread mill broke a few years back and i held onto the rubber track thiny i cut it to shape and scored the backs of them and superglued it. and it gave a unique look to it.
Picture070.jpg
Picture071.jpg
Picture072.jpg
Picture073.jpg

After sanding some more and making is symmetry And my current progress is this
Picture074.jpg
Picture075.jpg
Picture076.jpg

That's what i have been up to and once i finish the helmet ill move forward either to the shin or the chest piece

wow this helmet looks awesome. The details are really well done and I like the foam bit that you did on the back for details. Nice.

that helmet looks beast man! good job! i love how you incorperated the broken treadmill track into the back neck of the helmet. it gives it a really personalised touch. keep up the good work!

Update

Hey guys progress has been slow because iv been working on a base for my manikin.
Picture084.jpg

I made a base then after alot of screwing around i put chicken wire over the top then stuffed the inside with whatever then covered it in expanding foam

Picture087.jpg

Here is a shot of my from front

Picture088.jpg

I did a quick paint job and it looks all-right

Picture089.jpg

Picture090.jpg

To give it a video game look i first sprayed it with a grey
Picture091.jpg

Then dyr-brushed a lighter grey
Picture092.jpg

Then a highlight of white
Picture093.jpg

My Manikin looks like junk, i need to make another one but for the mean time im using this one
Picture094.jpg

An if i get back to my build i have finished pepping the chest peice and have resined it
Picture095.jpg
And the rondo is curing now be back soon with pics

Very nice job on everything. The helmet looks great and the stand looks amazing. Keep up the good work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back