Props 15 Dollar Assault Rifle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it 15%? I thought it was 25%? Anyway, nice work on the mods everyone's done to thier AR wannabe's. It's kewl to see the different things everyone adds to thier own. I would pick up one of these myself and mod it a great deal -- I'd get it to the correct length, and correct a lot of the details, but that's only because I'm rediculously anal-retentive about accuracy for things like this, lol -- but from what I understand these have no been recalled. So, no cheap AR substitute for me :(

Well, considering it's probably comprised of injection-molded styrene, it would be rather light, lol. So yeah, you'd would definately want to add some weight to it. Correcting the size of it (adding more to the body) would likely help with that.

This is a very nice find. My daughter said when I do her suit she better get a gun...lol. Thanks for th idea.

Ithica

The Hunter II4 said:
Does anyone know where i can get a ar ammo counter?

You should send a PM to Gokussj5okazu. I believe he has ammo counters (plus other electronic kits) for the AR and other HALO weapons :cool:

Ithica said:
This is a very nice find. My daughter said when I do her suit she better get a gun...lol. Thanks for th idea.

Ithica

From what I understand, these were recalled due to parts of the gun causing harm (pinching skin). I could be wrong, though :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think they were recalled, I just saw something about how the mold is gonna be used for a gun at K-Mart. It was one of the top stories on HBO (halo.bungie.org)

Last week I picked up one of these at KMart for about $13. It's the same one sold by TRU... only 3 dollars cheaper. :)

I'm considering modding it. The stock needs to be 6-8" longer and the pistol grip 2" longer.

Like I don't have enough projects... :rolleyes

Russ

Rook said:
Last week I picked up one of these at KMart for about $13. It's the same one sold by TRU... only 3 dollars cheaper. :)

I'm considering modding it. The stock needs to be 6-8" longer and the pistol grip 2" longer.

Like I don't have enough projects... :rolleyes

Russ

Just the same it looks like a really good base! Would you rather start it from scratch? *chuckles*

Oh, don't get me wrong, I agree it's a good starting point for an accuracy mod.

I just meant that "I" have too many projects running right now to really think
about starting another one. :D

Russ

SPARTAN II said:
You should send a PM to Gokussj5okazu. I believe he has ammo counters (plus other electronic kits) for the AR and other HALO weapons :cool:
From what I understand, these were recalled due to parts of the gun causing harm (pinching skin). I could be wrong, though :unsure:

thank you :D

i saw a stack of these at my local TRU....seen as this is UK that is VERY wierd lol

but i think i'll pick one up and extend the body to acurize it for my marine!

ImaGonnaGetYou said:
lilspartan said:
OI... ive seen this before its awsome if i do end up getting one im gunna take some rotary tools and trim up that BIG OL' Orange nozzle thang :D:D' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> " border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

This isn't a gangster hideout, and you're not a gangster. Please use proper English. You are not cool for talking like an illiterate person with an unmentionable amount of lisps and mispronunciations.

ANYWAYS, yes, this topic has been discussed previously, but it's nice that you noticed your mistake early. Otherwise, your topic would be a hot topic simply from people shouting "use da serch feechar!11!1!!!".

The toy gun is a great base for an Assault Rifle, mainly because of it's freakishly obvious inspiration.

*coughHALOcough*

Sorry about the necro/bump (Yes, I know there is no need to post this, but I feel like doing it anyway), but ol' and thang are not 'gangsta' talk. I'm from the very deep South, Louisiana, and its quite common to hear thang and ol' used in conversation. It's not 'gangsta', it's Southern. Just so you know. Also, there is no such thing as proper English. It's a language with different dialects and such, and if somebody decides to spell something or talk a certain way, there's no reason to rag on 'em. Unless they're purposefully being stupid or annoying. I'm gonna step off of my soapbox now and get back to pepping my helmet.

ILikeCats said:
The lack of punctuation, lack of spelling (even in your flame), is considered at the least, informal language.

Back to the topic, The orange part can be removed by splitting the gun.

Dude stop flaming, and get laid!

I remember getting called a dumbass once by a really angry biker for going slower than he wanted on a two-lane road. I had a friend in the car from New York and he couldn't help but laugh for the rest of the day that someone so mad had used such a small insult. I told him that down here folks are a little more polite because if you go around insulting folks and picking fights you're liable to get a bullet in your teeth.

I think that's a good mindset to have. Honor, Armor, Unity. Work toward more of the 1st and 3rd.

Both warned and LOCKED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back