1940's popcorn machine rebuild (PIC HEAVY)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unity

Hello all!

I thought this would be the proper place to post this. A good family freind just gave us a popcorn machine from the 1930's-40's . We are giving it some touch ups and I thought you guys would enjoy it!

More pics can be found at - http://s1179.photobucket.com/albums/x394/Jacob_Betts/#!cpZZ1QQtppZZ24

the machine all torn apart-

CourtofhonorpicsbyDiane130.jpg

the wooden body (this thing is ALL wood!)

CourtofhonorpicsbyDiane104.jpg

the part that the popcorn goes into (base)

CourtofhonorpicsbyDiane106.jpg

and with the top

CourtofhonorpicsbyDiane109.jpg

the light bulb socket (top veiw)

CourtofhonorpicsbyDiane123.jpg

the socket (bottom veiw)

CourtofhonorpicsbyDiane122.jpg

CourtofhonorpicsbyDiane129.jpg

CourtofhonorpicsbyDiane111.jpg

CourtofhonorpicsbyDiane112.jpg

ORIGINAL glass panes-

CourtofhonorpicsbyDiane113.jpg

CourtofhonorpicsbyDiane114.jpg

Ill post updates as they come!

-Jacob

Looks really good needs a heavy clean up job done, and definatly I think needs to be rewired. The popcorn holder needs a good old scrubbing and CLR bath for sure.

Looks really good needs a heavy clean up job done, and definatly I think needs to be rewired. The popcorn holder needs a good old scrubbing and CLR bath for sure.

Yeah, the only thing we got to work on was cleaning up the lightswitch cover (which was COVERD in rust) and we got that thing SUPER shiney lol Its going to be repainted and rewired as well.

Your making me hungry for some popcorn...

Anyways, after your done that thing will look brand new :D
Or maybe it'll look like you went back to the past and brought your family's friend's newly bought popcorn machine back to the present?

Your making me hungry for some popcorn...

Anyways, after your done that thing will look brand new :D
Or maybe it'll look like you went back to the past and brought your family's friend's newly bought popcorn machine back to the present?

It will! Maybe I need to go and get Marty and Doc Brown!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back