3 days before launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

drgon47

And I just got red ringed as I went to play some Halo 1. I think i might actually cry.

drgon47 said:
And I just got red ringed as I went to play some Halo 1. I think i might actually cry.
oh god i feel sry for you :mad: that stinks! i was looking forward to sniping you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Meh, I'm going to try to towel trick. MS wont be able to tell if I did or not and Its my only shot to play H3 at release...

MaShEdPOTaToEs said:
nooooooo cant u just take it back to the store you got it from?
ya you can trade it in for another ;) plus that towel trick can burn your house down remember o_O

I did just that. Its cooling down as we speak. We shall see.

It was a used core system a guy brought back because there wernt enough RPG games out that he liked. Good deal for me though, brand new basiclly plus 50 bucks off.

One of my two 360s RRODed today... the Elite is still going strong. I just wish it had the new heatsink on it. I would feel better if it did. Good luck on the towel trick... though, it doesn't actually work. Check www.xbox-scene.com for more reliable fixes.

I got it to start up by beating it a bit :p So Im just going to leave it at the dashboard. Ive let it idle for days on end before :p

drgon47 said:
I got it to start up by beating it a bit :p So Im just going to leave it at the dashboard. Ive let it idle for days on end before :p
My console is from 2005 only had red rings once i was so scared i turned it off and back on and it went back to normal, nothing since.

Leadingspartan said:
My console is from 2005 only had red rings once i was so scared i turned it off and back on and it went back to normal, nothing since.
Those probably weren't the 3 red lights... :\... Ive had the 4 red lights like that like 2 times... that's something else... :\

Wow that really sucks my friend, Lucky for me I only got Red Ringed once when I changed my faceplate and it wasnt on all the way.

The problems with the 360 is the reason I bought mine at Costco they have a great return policy "5 years" that saves to your costco card.
I even asked the manager and he said that you dont even need the original box just the system itself with matching serial number for a full no questions asked refund.

I'm soo paranoid about my new elite overheating that I got one of the fan add-ons for additional cooling.

Sucks to hear that ya got RRODth'd.

I also have RROD and also have to wait to my birthday. Waiting to my birthday was no problem, but I don't know if it's even possible for me to get it in time.
BTW my birthday is Oct. 29th.

To keep my mind off it, I'm starting my armor and my diorama.

I've been RROD'd twice since I got my 360 in december. But I havn't played it much since the second one a couple of months ago, so mine should be ok for Monday night and all of tuesday.

I'm pretty sure M$ said they were putting the primo parts into the Elites, didn't they? So shouldn't the elites be perfectly safe?

That's the thing I hate about the video game industry though. Usually anytime I buy a console, two-three months later they pound out a newer/better version and I find my self going, "Motherf@ck!"....I got my 360 and then the Elite came out. For like eighty more bucks I could've gotten it instead, but I think it was too late to take my console back. Same thing happened when I got my DS, the Lite came out. I keep getting shafted, and no one even offers the KY.... And if I RROD a third time, I'm going out and getting a Elite, cause it's just plain bull if I have to get my 360 repaired three times for the same damn problem.

The Elites are really no better at handling the heating problem than newer core or premium units. The "fixes" MS put in are an additional heat sink over the CPU and a heat tube from under the DVD drive. My details might be off because I don't have the Xbox Magazine issue in front of me that talked about these so called fixes.

The only difference in the Elite is the HDMI port, larger hard drive, and these so called fixes. Nothing else has really changed on them, which has me and a lot of other people disappointed with it.

Your best bet is to buy one of the fan additions. I bought the "Intercooler" for $20 almost two years ago and my unit is only just now showing wear. The red ring only pops up once in a while, and all I do is shut it off and turn it back on, bingo, it's fine.

More information, plus other was to fix this issue, i.e. hair dryer and eraser fixes, can probably be found on xbox main site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back