3d gundam

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok I did what I could its not the lowest poly model of that shield but its the best I could do, I will post it tomorrow. Also I have started working on the missing side peices you wanted I think it will be a fairly good model, that shield turned out to be way harder then I thought it would be so thats not the best judge of what I think I can do. I was just curious on how the knee parts were coming along I know they will take awhile just curious on the progress.

The knee parts for the Nu Gundam or the Alex? If your talking about the Alex i just got one done yesterday and it is in my last post, i should have the other done by the end of the week if not sooner. If your talking about the Nu Gundam i need to get the back of the leg fixed before i can get to that one.

wondering

So im working on a zaku right now but im wondering if any one has this gundam done yet?
Its called the aegis gundam, Its fairly similar to the justice gundam.
All give you guys a 3d view and a concept view as well.If any one has a pepkura of this model please let me know or the justice gundam as well,please message me.
28944.jpg

aegis.gif

Attachments

• 28944.jpg
    28944.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 190
  • aegis.gif
    aegis.gif
    71.6 KB · Views: 161
I currently have models for the following Gundams

Nintendude:
ZAKU II
VIRTUE
TALLGEESE
EXIA
EPYON
DYNAMES
DEATHSCYTHE
AUBERON
FREEDOM

from another user on the forums (sorry i forgot who's this was):
RX-79[G]

YURI0510:
RX-78NT-1 ALEX

rensole117
HEAVY ARMS
RX-93 Nu

hey Shadowshail
could you send me those files?

on other note i have files for (they all are made for papercraft model figures, s not wery hight details):
ZGMF-X42S
MSN-04 SAZABI
Rx 124
Hazel
ORX-013 Mark V

and in obj format i have these:
a132d3118995140.jpg

Attachments

• a132d3118995140.jpg
    a132d3118995140.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 168
this is quite possibly my fav thread. all the unfolds are fantastic and i cant wait to start building these.
to the unfolders and modelers please keep up the good work

Last edited by a moderator:
That is much better ein! i am not sure how the unfold will work out but the changes you made will definitely help in it. Ill get cracking on that once im done with the other files i listed.

this is quite possibly my fav thread. all the unfolds are fantastic and i cant wait to start building these.
to the unfolders and modelers please keep up the good work

Thanks zero-sama! it always helps us when we hear positive feedback! that and i was starting to think no one was watching this thread but me, ein, and YURI (and rensole when he can get a chance).

Rensole (if you see this in time), YURI, and Ein, what do you think of making another thread just for the completed files? I am thinking since Rensole started this thread and he can only get on every now and he is the only one who can edit the first post whenever he wants, that we could make it more versatile and cleaner with the final products in a new thread. Yes we will still continue to talk about the models and work on them in here but the other thread will be the clean and uncluttered finished version. What do you guys think?

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want to I see no problem with it. Also can you resend that last PM I looked at it then looked at this post and it was gone after that idk where it went and I cant remember what it said to answer your question.

I currently have models for the following Gundams

Nintendude:
ZAKU II
VIRTUE
TALLGEESE
EXIA
EPYON
DYNAMES
DEATHSCYTHE
AUBERON
FREEDOM

from another user on the forums (sorry i forgot who's this was):
RX-79[G]

YURI0510:
RX-78NT-1 ALEX

rensole117
HEAVY ARMS
RX-93 Nu

Hey shadow is there any way I may get that zaku file from you?

To all those about files: i have messaged you and it has been taken or is being taken care of now

It also turns out i have the Wing Zero.obj file as well. Ein i will send that your way as soon as i can.

I did not include the RX-93 Nu Gundam in my files cause it has work on the modeling stage to be done before it is ready for a full file.

I will be getting the other knee done for the Alex Gundam as soon as i can over the weekend, as well as starting up a new thread with all of the files in one central location for quick and easy access.

Thanks for anyone who is watching this thread! I hope that with the help of a few others already in this thread like Ein and YURI we can make a really good Gundam base here on the 405th.

Ok well I figured I would give you guys an update on whats going on, first shadow I am working on those two side skirt things there done but there not pep friendly so right now I'm just trying to think of how I can fix the the problem. While I was doing that I was working on those files you sent me and I ran into a problem, first, half of the polygons are fliped, and second, trying to split up the models is a pain because you have to select every polygon to move that one peice. After thinking I tried to look for programs that would just open up obj files, couldnt find one, but I went through the google 3d warehouse looking for the rx-93 to get a really good look at the side peices but I didnt find it but I did find some very intresting things on there all the files you sent me found there way on there but there made for google sketch up, I assume nintendude gave them to someone and they just made there way on there, but I found the zaku and have been working on it in there because it just splits up so much easier so I will work on it there and move it over to do editing it in 3ds max. Some of the other files I found were the GM Custom, Haro, old style and new style gundam cockpit, Gundam Kyrios, Gundam Heavy Arms Custom, Gundam Sandrock Custom, RGM-79G, RX-79(G), and the fin funnels for the nu gundam. I'm sorry if its wrong to post this but since the models are very similar I figure its just someone converting nintendudes models and as far as I know the 3d warehouse models are for public use and I didnt see a problem with posting it, if it is a problem or if people have a problem with me doing it that way I will stop and do it the long way, and I know that some people have made there own models for some of the ones posted above that I found it just these files are easier for me to split up for some one to pep. Also when that new post is up someone should put up a link on here. But I do want to get haro over to pep its going to be my test run since all it really is is a circle with eyes.

Cool! Just double check with the models to see if they were made by nintendude for the ones you found. You can do that by uploading the one you found and the one we have into the same program and looking at the wire structure. If it looks pretty much the same then it probably is the same persons work.

I really can't wait to see the Fin Funnels for the Nu gundam!

The thread for all the completed files is here:
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/31094-**Official**-Gundam-Pepakura-File-Thread

What i am trying to do is make one post per Gundam. That way it is not cluttered. Once the model is fully unfolded and all files accounted for i will make it into a folder and post it in the first post of the thread with a picture of the gundam.

sorry guys to been away for a while!!! problem at home no connection for a week! we are doing some work in progress and i did not have the telephone line!!! i saw lots of improvmet very good, how the unfold goes shadowshail?

Its going slow and steady YURI. I have not been able to touch your glove in a while due to school and other things but i am almost done with all the ALEX Gundam files that needed unfolding.

ALEX GUNDAM----
LEFT UPPER LEG:
http://www.4shared.com/file/QYonvB7T/LEFT_UPPER_LEG1.html
RIGHT UPPER LEG:
http://www.4shared.com/file/knx0CnLp/RIGHT_UPPER_LEG1.html

9.jpg

________________________________EDIT_______________________

Here is the other knee link:
http://www.4shared.com/file/513qI7lX/RIGHT_KNEE.html

DETAILS PELVIS:
http://www.4shared.com/file/ePbe_Tyy/DETAILS_PELVIS.html

10.jpg

SHIELDS PELVIS:
http://www.4shared.com/file/p51fdlzP/SCHIELDS_PELVIS.html

11.jpg

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 172
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 161
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 192
Alright, it looks like all the files that needed to be unfolded for the RX-78NT-1 ALEX Gundam is done. I will be making the new folder with all the correct files in the next few days and then i will post it on the other thread.

Ein do you have another model broken down that i can work on? I still have to do your shield but it is starting to look more like it will be non pep friendly...Its mostly the V shapes in the front that are getting to me. if there is any way you can make it all blocked up that should fix it. It is a great model but big triangles like that are not the best for pepakura.

I will work on the shield and try and get that fixed. Also it looks like some of those files you sent me are just papercraft models so I will see what I have to do so I can add holes where they need to be if I cant figure it out I guess just rescale and people would have to manually do it but I will see what I can do. Plus I got a little more good news I found a model for the Gundam GP02A which is the most detailed model I have seen so that thing is going to be a monster pep project but sadly it doesnt have the shield or the bazooka but the bazooka is probably pretty easy to models the shield not so much, luckly I do have a battle scarred toy version so I have something to go off of.

Ok I did figure out a way to get the pep files over to 3ds max and I'm going to work on the sazabi because we need a zeon pep now since we have a gundam so I got the head done I should be able to get a few parts done today and I will finish it up probably tonight. I will post what I got before I go to sleep and let me know if you see something in the files you dont like or would be hard to unfold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back