3D Gungnir lid

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah no problem sorry if im looking really critical just cleaning up the bottom jaw

EDIT: Dont worry i know how it goes modeling from references its a pain when they dont line up.

Haha it's all good, we learn from mistakes, and if nobody was there to critique, nobody would progress as an artist.

i dont have reach yet but i just got a new xbox friday. i have seen all the helmets in reach and this is the wierdest one i have ever seen, but it is also my absolute favorite thanks for the model. just wondering are you going to be making more helmets from reach?

i dont have reach yet but i just got a new xbox friday. i have seen all the helmets in reach and this is the wierdest one i have ever seen, but it is also my absolute favorite thanks for the model. just wondering are you going to be making more helmets from reach?

Well, The reason I did this one, was 'cause there seemed to be a lot of requests for it, so I guess if there are requests for Reach helmets, and no-one else is modelling them, I don't see why not. Obviously still new to the community, though - so I guess I'll see what happens.

Xhimpei do you think you could take the links I provided for the unfolds of the file and put them in the 1st post you have for this that way people will quit asking me for the links.

hey dude just wanted to say thanx for the great models all the details are awesome , i only have one complant/concern and thats the over lap/open edge around the top ive got it just about completed and with that there its gonna make it harder to align to harden and finish, just thought id let you know and thanks again for the great work

hey dude just wanted to say thanx for the great models all the details are awesome , i only have one complant/concern and thats the over lap/open edge around the top ive got it just about completed and with that there its gonna make it harder to align to harden and finish, just thought id let you know and thanks again for the great work

Is that where the fton shield and the rear overlap? Yeah I know what you mean. thats something I'll address when i come back to this model. Cheers though - Want to see some pics!

yea its where the visor meets the back, i think im gonna wait to finish this when the file is up dated

the model looks great, nice work. i just thought i'd comment on it while im 19000 feet in the air getting wifi on a plane how sick is that!! and yes i really do like the helmet i didnt just post so i cud say im on a plane. i think this has been one of the most sought after files recently.

I kind of like the open edge, it gave me the idea that i could remove the box part if i needed to mess around with the camera stuff im gonna put in, and i can replace the detail on the side with a flathead bolt to hold it on, so i only need a flathead screwdriver to open it back up

ahoy hoy! Awesome, amazing model. Absolutely love it. However, I was wondering if you could possibly make the attachments for the helmet separate, as I've been looking forever for them. Thanks. Once again, love it!

Amazing modeling :D This is the first time I i saw gungnir, I was like "huuh, no way I'm gonna make that". But when I thought further about that 'visor-box', I got the idea of having a tiny camera poking from the hole and a screen inside the helmet for visual. That thought enlightened me and now I really want to make it xD
These images are taken from this threads' comment #28. Credits for pics goes therefore to xhimpei.
I edited these with gimp, so orange is the camera and green is the screen.
This is what i thought:
ghelmf.jpg

ghelml.jpg

Screen could probably be smaller and more closer to the camera.

Thanks for this awesome model! :DD

Attachments

• ghelmf.jpg
    ghelmf.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 206
  • ghelml.jpg
    ghelml.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 195
Does the big front part of this helmet flip up so the wearer can see out without a screen or what not? kinda like iron man. it seems like it should since there is a bolt towards the back of the helmet. im going to do a investigation on the halopedia to see if it does. even if it doesnt, it would be a cool addition to the helmet.

its not supposed to because that would defeat the purpose of that kind of helmet. the gungnir is supposed to be completely sealed for space, like all spartan armor. why work to seal the faceplate as well? also, it would defeat the purpose of the HUD (in reference to the game) because one would open the faceplate, as well as run the risk of getting shot in the face. iron man's face plate opens up because he cant take his helmet on and off with conventional methods. also, if you wanted to remove the helmet, you simply pull it off your head. and as for those screws in the back, those are to hold the lid to the helmet. but what i just said doesnt mean it's a bad idea. it just means that you're going to have to solve a lot of engineering work problemes with the helmet since the helmet wasnt designed with that feature in mind. just my 2 cents

P.S. double posting = bad. next time, try the edit button. its under the post. to make it work you must go to advanced and save the changes from there

I can't vouch for this specific helmet but having just burnt through the Halo novels many written references exhist of the helmets face plate being retractable. As for space/combat worthiness it would have no ill affects to allow the visor to move since it can seal back in place like all armor does in this futuristic world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back