3D Gungnir lid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the feed back

Thanks for the feed back everyone. I just want something to make this helmet even more unique.

Now about this screen, I read somewhere (i think in this forum thread etc) that some people have suggested using an iPod touch or Iphone for the camera/display. Iv been experimenting with my iphone and I think it's very possible. The helmet seems like it's fairly long which would work well since it would allow room to see the screen properly.

Sorry if I come across as an idiot, I never use forums. Ever.
Also, sorry for double posting.

it's cool. thats a common mistake done by a lot of new members. As for the screen, there are 3-4 threads on the subject, so look for the right ones in order to discuss it.

I'm having a hard time finding the EXACT position of the lense on the helmet. It's in a weird position and angle. Iv tried doing it by eye and its not giving me satisfaction. Could some one model the lens (and black part surrounding it) to the default scale of the helmet pep file? I want to be able to print it out and glue it to the helmet and use it as a guide when i cut the hole. If I had the actual lens piece I could figure out the position on my own. I'm open to suggestions.

I was just gonna make a small outwards curved peripheral lens over my eye, and the little spot next to it would be standard visor stuff for depth, also peripheral vision gets better if your eye is closer to it.

just place it how you want to place it. look at where it is you want to put it, and which would probably look best. that's what i'm planning on doing. As for the black part around it, make a template on your own, it should be easy.

iv been experimenting and found that tracing a penny inside a nickel makes a very good size of the lens.
IMG_0176-1.jpg

for whatever reason its sideways?

Attachments

• IMG_0176-1.jpg
    IMG_0176-1.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 208
I look forward to building this Helmet in my spare time before my courses start in April. Right now I'm trying to think of a way to make you be able to see out of it, but not using a camera and what not.

this helmet looks supremely amazing and i cant wait to get started (was just about to literally). but in my opinion based on schlagerninja's post (73) looks like a little editing needs to be done if you dont mind

this helmet looks supremely amazing and i cant wait to get started (was just about to literally). but in my opinion based on schlagerninja's post (73) looks like a little editing needs to be done if you dont mind

How so? The model is fine how it is. It's properly proportioned and modeled, the only thing is if you're going to use a camera, you need to have a screen that fits the alcove, which means you measure before you get a camera. the model's fine, you just need to do a bit of editing on your stuff, not the camera

I think Deth means the mesh. I've taken a look myself, there's a lot that can be done to optimise the base mesh for Pepping (open edges, some parts not joining as they should, some odd faces).

Really good file, though. It's on my 'to do' list.

thank you Capt. but yes, i do understand the whole camera segment. its just the base that may need editing if xhimpei doesnt mind me pointing out. otherwise, i find this model amazing and praise xhimpei for his awesomeness in modeling

I saw this file on the halo reach database but then saw it was removed... I was wndering if Nintendde just pulled all the available links for
it when he left the forums, or if the original modelor had removed it.

But if there were no issues, I sure would appreciate it if I could get a link and do an unfold of the helmet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back